Advertisement

Sup. Ct. finally decides the "right to bear arms"

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Spidey-Man

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:21 am

emmabe wrote:I agree the pressure would exist, but do you truly believe it would be ratified? While practice of religion has risen across all US demographics, But by the same token the political influence by religion is still fairly well contained. Of course it has strongholds, but truly enough support nationwide to radically alter a principle of our country?

I don't think most people would fully think out all the implications of it. I also think there are many people who don't fully believe in separation of church and state.

Advertisement

Muppetesque
Cunning Linguist

Liked in: 0 post
Title: ^ My Beaver with a cock
Formerly: nerdygirl

Postby Muppetesque » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:32 am

Spiderrob wrote:I don't think most people would fully think out all the implications of it. I also think there are many people who don't fully believe in separation of church and state.

I just look at the part of Pennsylvania where I grew up. Christian religion was/ is BIG. But the denominations varied greatly and the divisions pronounced when it came to local politics. There would be almost indignity when something would be proposed by another denomination. "We can't do that just because the Catholic's want it." ""The holy rollers will ruin everything".

There's such a fracture between the various denominations that their individual agendas would probably get in the way of finding common ground. What will be right for one group, will be too much for another, and too little for a third.

Then again, I could be wrong...
eyp wrote:you should start following nerdygirl's advice.

CountD wrote:you were prettier in person, too.

Epidemic_Spider wrote:So you admit I'm more fun than Nieto :groucho:
GOSD wrote:I admit nothing!Yes.

Strict31 wrote:Huh. Nerdygirl's got some booty on her. Kind of a surprise there, Emma.

Spidey-Man

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:34 am

emmabe wrote:
Then again, I could be wrong...

Probably.

It is you after all.

:wink:

Muppetesque
Cunning Linguist

Liked in: 0 post
Title: ^ My Beaver with a cock
Formerly: nerdygirl

Postby Muppetesque » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:57 am

Spiderrob wrote:Probably.

It is you after all.

:wink:

:evil: Emma not happy...
eyp wrote:you should start following nerdygirl's advice.

CountD wrote:you were prettier in person, too.

Epidemic_Spider wrote:So you admit I'm more fun than Nieto :groucho:
GOSD wrote:I admit nothing!Yes.

Strict31 wrote:Huh. Nerdygirl's got some booty on her. Kind of a surprise there, Emma.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum