Saturday, May 26, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 214 - IRREDEEMABLE #12

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:45 am

thefourthman wrote:really it's not.
a. there are the continuing threads.
b. the only way that story (OMD) is acceptable is that it is resolved... getting JMS off the book would have helped, OMD did not need to happen to get him off the book.


The only threads that really need to be answered don't necessarily have to involve Mephisto, the Harry Osborn reveal proves that. The restoration of the secret identity probably has nothing to do with Mephisto.

I know they probably will address it this year, that jigsaw teaser shows that, but I don't think it's necessary, I'm perfectly fine with them not going back to it, and just moving forwards.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:47 am

Punchy wrote:The only threads that really need to be answered don't necessarily have to involve Mephisto, the Harry Osborn reveal proves that. The restoration of the secret identity probably has nothing to do with Mephisto.

I know they probably will address it this year, that jigsaw teaser shows that, but I don't think it's necessary, I'm perfectly fine with them not going back to it, and just moving forwards.

The MJ threads definitely deal with it, because there is the secret of whatever she whispered to him. Yeah, you are right though, they should treat it like Morrison's New X-Men and just ignore it, too bad they didn't. :roll:
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:50 am

thefourthman wrote:The MJ threads definitely deal with it, because there is the secret of whatever she whispered to him. Yeah, you are right though, they should treat it like Morrison's New X-Men and just ignore it, too bad they didn't. :roll:


I just don't think they should, I know they are, but I don't particularly care about these plotlines. I don't read each issue of ASM and expect Mephisto, or a mention of OMD.

It was supposed to be a brand new day, you don't get that by always looking back.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:55 am

Punchy wrote:I just don't think they should, I know they are, but I don't particularly care about these plotlines. I don't read each issue of ASM and expect Mephisto, or a mention of OMD.

It was supposed to be a brand new day, you don't get that by always looking back.

I'm all for forward momentum, but you don't set up a storyline like that with an obvious play into the future of the book and not deal with it. That's how you piss long time readers off. If there is no pay off, then OMD was a needless stunt and that would make it worse than it already is.

Morrison's Batman works because he is building a giant, epic story. If he just ignored what he did in Batman and Son, then it would be worthless, meaningless dreck.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:01 am

Back on topic, what do you think about what I said about Volume One and Two of Irredeemable there young british lad?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:43 am

thefourthman wrote:Back on topic, what do you think about what I said about Volume One and Two of Irredeemable there young british lad?


I think you're pretty spot-on, the book's not as good as everyone says, but it has enough strong elements.

I find that whenever the focus is on the loosely sketched Paradigm characters, the book suffers, but whenever the focus is on Plutonian, it's very strong.
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:31 am

Jubilee wrote:Wait, you did the thing you complained about Punchy doing. How is that not being hypocritical.


Because I did it on purpose to show him how annoying it is.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:53 am

Daddy Fragbucks wrote:Because I did it on purpose to show him how annoying it is.


Yeah, sure.

You can be annoying just by being yourself!
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:17 am

Irredeemable #12

This was a little hard for me to digest since it was in the middle of a storyline that seems to be pretty big. I enjoyed it though. I may end collecting this in trades because I did find this new world to be fascinating. Art was okay, nothing great but nothing horrible.

Story:7
Art: 5
My Score: 6
User avatar

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:23 am

Another Spider-Man issue?
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:26 am

thefourthman wrote:There have been hints since the very beginning of Brand New Day to this day that OMD is a story that will resolve itself eventually. This is most evident every time MJ is in the book, because she remembers more than even Peter seems to know. It is a very long process and epic in that manner.


If that's true, it could end up being an incredible story.
User avatar

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:04 pm

Punchy wrote:The restoration of the secret identity probably has nothing to do with Mephisto.


Wha...Huh?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:08 pm

Old Man wrote:Wha...Huh?


Mephisto didn't cause it, Spider-Man is unaware that OMD happened, that he ever made the deal, but there have been hints that he knows the how and why his secret ID was restored.

It's like the Harry Osborn resurrection, it may have happened with OMD, but it wasn't because of the Mephisto deal, it was because Norman hired Mysterio to fake it.
User avatar

Old Man

cheese

Postby Old Man » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Punchy wrote:Mephisto didn't cause it, Spider-Man is unaware that OMD happened, that he ever made the deal, but there have been hints that he knows the how and why his secret ID was restored.

It's like the Harry Osborn resurrection, it may have happened with OMD, but it wasn't because of the Mephisto deal, it was because Norman hired Mysterio to fake it.


Thanks, Punchy.

That may all be true in the NuSpider-Universe, but it makes no sense to me.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Old Man wrote:Thanks, Punchy.

That may all be true in the NuSpider-Universe, but it makes no sense to me.


It's true in this universe too!

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Punchy and 38 guests