Advertisement

Soccer in general

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Regulator » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:24 pm

nietoperz wrote:Benitez has become a proper liability IMO.

I was saying that like 2 years ago!

Advertisement

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Prince of Potter wrote:i can't believe no tv station is playing ManU v. Scousers here, and that I can't even find a working stream online

It was on Fox Soccer Plus, the $15/month satellite channel that took the place of Setanta.

Like Master J
Review Grouper

Liked in: 15 posts
Formerly: Twigglet

Postby Like Master J » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:58 pm

Benitez really isn't a terrible manager. It pains me to say this as Im' a United fan,but he's pretty good tactically, and he also seems to be good at getting the best out of players.

The thing is, he's also

a) Crap at buying players

b) Saddled with massive expectations for what is basically 20 shit players, a petulent Torres, a past it Gerrard and Reina. The only player whose come out of this season with any credit.
You don't have to like me
You don't have to respect me
But you will LISTEN to me.
-----
Always Right

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:14 pm

Why are soccer fans such a bunch of douchebags? Why do they feel the need to burn a town to the ground every time their team loses? The worst thing America football fans do is call up a local sports talk radio show and bitch about it on the air. :P
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:18 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Why are soccer fans such a bunch of douchebags? Why do they feel the need to burn a town to the ground every time their team loses? The worst thing America football fans do is call up a local sports talk radio show and bitch about it on the air. :P

That's a pretty big generalisation. While (very few) clubs still have problematic supporters, hooliganism is mostly a thing of t past.

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Jubilee wrote:Benitez really isn't a terrible manager. It pains me to say this as Im' a United fan,but he's pretty good tactically, and he also seems to be good at getting the best out of players.

The thing is, he's also

a) Crap at buying players

b) Saddled with massive expectations for what is basically 20 shit players, a petulent Torres, a past it Gerrard and Reina. The only player whose come out of this season with any credit.

Of course he's not terrible, but he's not good enough. His tactics are only good in cups, there isn't enough attacking play to compete in the grind of the league. Also, he's terrible at getting the best out of players. It seems he's petty if he doesn't like someone personally. He sticks with the wrong players at the wrong times. Aquilani has sat around doing nothing. He did the same to Keane last year. He freezes out Riera but plays Lucas no matter what. Babel had potential and has always wanted to be a striker but always gets played at left wing, even though there are plenty of other options now.

Although I think it's ignorant to call the squad 20 shit players and Torres petulant. The whole Riera flap is shedding some light on what is really going on.

Like Master J
Review Grouper

Postby Like Master J » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:23 pm

a) Babel is a nothing player. Liverpool fans hate him, he's like Nani used to be, all pace, nothing else. No brain, no urgency, late for training and moaning on twitter.

b) Aquilani and Keane aren't good players. Keane has ended up at Celtic this year, and Aquilani hasn't featured cuz he's not good enough.

c) Lucas is decent! He really really is, he does what he does quietly and effectively. If I took over Liverpool I'd want him, Reina, Torres, Gerrard and Agger. Everyone else can fuck off.

Seriously, Liverpool havn't been a contender in years. He was so so lucky last year when Liverpool had something like 11 players sent off against them in the league, and went out of all cups pretty early on. He's never had more than an average squad and it's shown.
-----
Always Right

Ravager
cheese

Postby Ravager » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Our title hopes.... decreasing rapidly. :(
Jubilee wrote:How am I over the top with liking Bendis in other posts at all?

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 51 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Why are soccer fans such a bunch of douchebags? Why do they feel the need to burn a town to the ground every time their team loses? The worst thing America football fans do is call up a local sports talk radio show and bitch about it on the air. :P

Well the most recent riots that resulted from sporting events that were newsworthy all happened in North America, so what does that say. :?

Like Master J
Review Grouper

Postby Like Master J » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Ravager wrote:Our title hopes.... decreasing rapidly. :(

It's not over yet, but you have serious serious problems in your squad that need rectifying.

contramundi
cheese

Postby contramundi » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:34 am

So Man Utd won over Liverpool right?
i didnt saw the whole game,but was interested since BENFICA will play them in April 1st here in lisbon,i thibk they still pose enough of a threat in the Europa League..but hope your right and my team wins both games

Just won the Portuguese League cup in a 3-0 match against Porto :-D
103 goals this season alone baby

:twisted:

Like Master J
Review Grouper

Postby Like Master J » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:06 am

Well done on beating Porto. 3-0 sounds easy. And yeah Liverpool lost 2-1. There 10th league loss of the season.
-----
Always Right

contramundi
cheese

Postby contramundi » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:50 am

Jubilee wrote:Well done on beating Porto. 3-0 sounds easy. And yeah Liverpool lost 2-1. There 10th league loss of the season.

thanks dude,Man Utd seems to be on the right course too,yeah it was surprisingly an easy win,theres 7 matches till the end of the season and theres only 3 points separating the 1st and 2nd places,the next round places BENFICA against Braga,the 1st and 2nd,and then we play liverpool....im gonna have a haert attack :D

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:49 am

Leeds V Millwall tonight!

Like Master J
Review Grouper

Postby Like Master J » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 am

Haha, that'll be a mint game.

Also, now we know how Portuguese league is going on, lets catch up around Europe:

Premier League

1. Man Utd P31 Pts 69
2. Arsenal P31 Pts 67
3. Chelsea P30 Pts 65

Serie A

1. Inter P 29 Pts 60
2. Milan P 29 Pts 59
3. Roma P 29 Pts 56

La Liga

1. Real Madrid P 27 Pts 68
2. Barcelona P 27 Pts 68

Bundesliga

1. Munich P27 Pts 56
2. Schalke P27 Pts 55
3. Leverkusen P27 Pts 53

Ligue 1

1. Bordeux P28 Pts 56
2. Montpellier P29 Pts 56
3. Auxerre P29 Pts 55
4. Marseille P28 Pts 53
5. Lille P29 Pts 51
6. Lyon P29 Pts 51

In Turkey there's 3 points between the Top 4, Holland 5 points between the top 3. The same with Greece. In Finland 3 points separate the top 3

:shock:
-----
Always Right

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum