Advertisement

Anime & Manga Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 879 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:58 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I'd still love to see a Megaroad series breaking out from Flashback.

At least they showed it in Macross F...

Advertisement

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Five Star Stories needs to be animated as a series.

Sorry Nagano's on to other things...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-20/mamoru-nagano-gothicmade-anime-preview-streamed

Mamoru Nagano's Gothicmade Anime Preview Streamed
posted on 2010-03-20 13:47 EDT

The official website of the Hana no Utame Gothicmade anime began streaming a 45-second "short version movie" on Sunday morning. (The preview video is also available from Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Newtype magazine.) The first public preview of this project from Mamoru Nagano (Five Star Stories) occurred less than two hours earlier during the "All Night Newtype Show!" event in Tokyo.

The Gothicmade project was first revealed in Newtype and the project's official website in 2006, but few updates on its status have been provided since then. Besides Gothicmade, the "All Night Newtype Show!" event is marking the 25th anniversary of Newtype with sections devoted to The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya, Kobato., Macross Frontier, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, and other projects.

Update: The "All Night Newtype Show!" event showed a longer five-minute video of Hana no Utame Gothicmade, as well as a short preview of the second Macross Frontier film, Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa. Nagano was one of many creators and character voices who offered their video messages of congratulations to Newtype on its anniversary.

[youtube=560,340,e5pdGKnPDKI][/youtube]

Update 2: Voice actress and singer Megumi Nakajima performed a special mini live concert with her "Seikan Hikou" ("Interstellar Flight") opening theme song from Macross Frontier and her "Jellyfish's Confession" ending theme from Kobato. The event ending with a screening of Mamoru Hosoda and MADHOUSE's Summer Wars film.

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Wisdom000 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:08 pm

sdsichero wrote:At least they showed it in Macross F...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Wisdom000 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:12 pm

I always loved the fantasy Mech element of 5 Star Stories, similiar to Escaflowne or Aura Battler Dunbine, but I absolutely hated the character art. Everyone was just too damn superthin toothpicks with heads. I mean with the Matsumoto stuff I can still get into it, but with 5star it just made everyone look ridiculous.
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:17 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:I always loved the fantasy Mech element of 5 Star Stories, similiar to Escaflowne or Aura Battler Dunbine, but I absolutely hated the character art. Everyone was just too damn superthin toothpicks with heads. I mean with the Matsumoto stuff I can still get into it, but with 5star it just made everyone look ridiculous.

Analyzer-IQ9 translator:
[spoiler]Not enough big tits or ass[/spoiler]

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-22/dirty-pair-and-devilman-vs-getter-robo-manga-launch

Dirty Pair, Devilman vs. Getter Robo Manga Launch
posted on 2010-03-22 09:00 EDT

Hisao Tamaki (Star Wars: A New Hope manga) has launched his Dirty Pair no Daibōken (The Great Adventures of Dirty Pair) manga, based on Haruka Takachiho's Dirty Pair science fiction novels, in the May issue of Tokuma Shoten's Monthly Comic Ryū magazine on Friday. Like the original novels, Tamaki's manga follows the misadventures of the Lovely Angels — two galactic private investigators named Kei and Yuri who solve mysteries, but often leave chaos and wanton destruction in their wake.

Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment announced on Wednesday that they are releasing Sunrise's 1985 television
anime adaptation of the Dirty Pair novels. The novels have also spawned a film and several video projects, including a 1990s re-imagining called Dirty Pair Flash. The other anime projects have been released in North America before, but Right Stuf's upcoming release will be the first time that the television series has been released in North America. Adam Warren created a string of Dirty Pair comics, authorized by Takachiho himself, in the United States. Dark Horse Comics published Tamaki's Star Wars: A New Hope manga in North America.

Coincidentally, Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, the character designer of Takachiho's Crusher Joe anime franchise, is resuming his Uruwashijima Yume Monogatari manga after a four-month break in the same issue of Monthly Comic Ryū. Yasuhiko was serializing this historical war manga on an irregular schedule, but it will be a monthly series starting this month.

In a separate development, Go Nagai and his Dynamic Pro studio are launching a new manga called Devilman vs. Getter Robo in the May issue of Akita Shoten's Monthly Champion RED magazine on April 19. In the current April issue, Hiroki Haruse (Allison, Lillia & Treize) has started his Zōshoku Shōjo Plana-chan! comedy manga (pictured at left) about a mutant Planarian/human girl. In the same issue, Satoshi Karasuya (Onobori Monogatari) has also started his essay manga Karasuya Satoshi no Otaku Tanbō (Satoshi Karasuya's Otaku Reports) about Otaku locales, and Yūji Sumino (Okitsune-sama de Chu) has started Minori Scandal about the secret life of an honors student named Minori.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Megaroad shot here...

[youtube=560,340,HRQ3xUdCPD0][/youtube]

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:33 pm

(A not so positive) Review of Bandai GE-48 Macross Quarter

http://www.collectiondx.com/review/chogokin/macross_quarter

contramundi
cheese

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby contramundi » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 am

anyone has news about Berserk??
the last i heard they were trying to see the elf king...good manga
also recomend me some stuff,is fairy tail good?
i like evangelion,cowboy bebop,samurai shamploo,wolfs rain,ghost in the shell and stuff
love you all dudes

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 123 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:13 pm

OK, I now I'm off topic but I have been viciously attacked in the Byrne's forum:

Here a few random posts from selected members:

"Let me be perfectly frank. I think you're full of shit. I don't believe your stories and think you've been lying to us. If my gut is right I find it contemptable and pathetic. If I'm wrong then I can't respect you enough to pity you. Everyone has problems. Not everyone whines about it. Assuming you're telling the truth (a huge assumption since you've already lied about your name) here some free advice: be honest with yourself and others. Take some responsibility for yourself and stop the pity party".

"Hey Everybuddy, Am I missing something or are people claiming he is not a real person?"

"It's been a lot of pages since I've paid any attention what he writes anyway so whatever he chooses to call himself is fine by me. he lost me 50 gallons of tears ago".

Would you believe these guys ? I'm shocked.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:18 pm

contramundi wrote:anyone has news about Berserk??
the last i heard they were trying to see the elf king...good manga
also recomend me some stuff,is fairy tail good?
i like evangelion,cowboy bebop,samurai shamploo,wolfs rain,ghost in the shell and stuff
love you all dudes

I haven't read Beserk myself, but my friend really likes it. I think there was news a little while ago that the author will be working on other things so that manga may not come out so often (we are almost caught up here in the US).

Never tried Fairy Tale.

Do also like Bebop, Champloo, Wolf's Rain, GitS.

Have you tried some of the other stuff we mentioned previous? Like Black Lagoon, Coyote Ragtime and the like?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Arion wrote:OK, I now I'm off topic but I have been viciously attacked in the Byrne's forum:

"Let me be perfectly frank. I think you're full of shit. I don't believe your stories and think you've been lying to us. If my gut is right I find it contemptable and pathetic. If I'm wrong then I can't respect you enough to pity you. Everyone has problems. Not everyone whines about it. Assuming you're telling the truth (a huge assumption since you've already lied about your name) here some free advice: be honest with yourself and others. Take some responsibility for yourself and stop the pity party".

"Hey Everybuddy, Am I missing something or are people claiming he is not a real person?"

"It's been a lot of pages since I've paid any attention what he writes anyway so whatever he chooses to call himself is fine by me. he lost me 50 gallons of tears ago".

Sorry to hear that man. The Byrne boards are not known for their kindness (only one of the reasons I don't post there, but I've lost any interest in Byrne's work since the 90s anyway). What was the context?

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1184 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Arion wrote:OK, I now I'm off topic but I have been viciously attacked in the Byrne's forum:

That John Byrne is a total prick these days.

Okay, forum war.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:24 pm

sdsichero wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-22/dirty-pair-and-devilman-vs-getter-robo-manga-launch

Dirty Pair, Devilman vs. Getter Robo Manga Launch
posted on 2010-03-22 09:00 EDT

Hisao Tamaki (Star Wars: A New Hope manga) has launched his Dirty Pair no Daibōken (The Great Adventures of Dirty Pair) manga, based on Haruka Takachiho's Dirty Pair science fiction novels, in the May issue of Tokuma Shoten's Monthly Comic Ryū magazine on Friday. Like the original novels, Tamaki's manga follows the misadventures of the Lovely Angels — two galactic private investigators named Kei and Yuri who solve mysteries, but often leave chaos and wanton destruction in their wake.

Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment announced on Wednesday that they are releasing Sunrise's 1985 television
anime adaptation of the Dirty Pair novels. The novels have also spawned a film and several video projects, including a 1990s re-imagining called Dirty Pair Flash. The other anime projects have been released in North America before, but Right Stuf's upcoming release will be the first time that the television series has been released in North America. Adam Warren created a string of Dirty Pair comics, authorized by Takachiho himself, in the United States. Dark Horse Comics published Tamaki's Star Wars: A New Hope manga in North America.

Coincidentally, Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, the character designer of Takachiho's Crusher Joe anime franchise, is resuming his Uruwashijima Yume Monogatari manga after a four-month break in the same issue of Monthly Comic Ryū. Yasuhiko was serializing this historical war manga on an irregular schedule, but it will be a monthly series starting this month.

In a separate development, Go Nagai and his Dynamic Pro studio are launching a new manga called Devilman vs. Getter Robo in the May issue of Akita Shoten's Monthly Champion RED magazine on April 19. In the current April issue, Hiroki Haruse (Allison, Lillia & Treize) has started his Zōshoku Shōjo Plana-chan! comedy manga (pictured at left) about a mutant Planarian/human girl. In the same issue, Satoshi Karasuya (Onobori Monogatari) has also started his essay manga Karasuya Satoshi no Otaku Tanbō (Satoshi Karasuya's Otaku Reports) about Otaku locales, and Yūji Sumino (Okitsune-sama de Chu) has started Minori Scandal about the secret life of an honors student named Minori.

Pass.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:25 pm

sdsichero wrote:At least they showed it in Macross F...

A GLANCE AT IT!!!

And not much of one. :x

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum