Advertisement

Anime & Manga Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 684 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:35 pm

sdsichero wrote::roll: I know you would be furiously... freeze framing.

No.... maybe screencaping. :-D
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:36 pm

sdsichero wrote:I do not want Cat's thoughts beamed to me. Image

You're getting nothing but Yaoi... hardcore Yaoi stuff. :twisted:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:38 pm

sdsichero wrote:Not every thread is about Amy! :x

How about insert (former) female poster's or name here?

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Most of the 80s show could use an redo with higher quality

Dunbine
Orguss
L-Gaim
Layzner
Dragonar
Dancougar
Tobikage
Ideon
Xabungle
and many more....

Never happen though...

Well, to be fair, L-Gaim was a longshot anyway, it's pretty cool it even got produced, since it started out as just a Hobby Japan feature.

Dragonar wasn't bad it was just brief, kind of like Angels Egg or Dragons Heaven in that regard. In fact I think I have my dubs on the same old vhs tape........

Orguss was bad ass, but I would definately like to see a redo, same with Dancougar and ideon.

Wouldn't mind seeing a new Gall Force either. What the hell IS Sonada doing these days anyway? And did he ever sue the makers of Transporter for the obvious Riding Bean ripoff?
Last edited by Wisdom000 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:It was a shame it had such a low budget, it seems many of my favorite old school anime just had phenomenal character, mech, and background designs, but when it came to actual show, they forgot to pay their animators or something.....

AD Police Files is the worst, most dissapointing example, especially File 3, The Man Who Bites His Tongue.

That had a great deal with also getting the stuff out on time. Hence the reason why Gundam OO was split into two seasons. The schedule problems and quality drops with the Seeds got to folks.

Man, I'm rewatching Zeta Gundam, and a OO/UNicorn level of quality would rock. That and an updating of those computer interfaces.

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:41 pm

sdsichero wrote:Not every thread is about Amy! :x

I am giving up on Amy........

I need a new Outhouse female fixation.

I am thinking maybe Lucy.
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:Well, to be fair, L-Gaim was a longshot anyway, it's pretty cool it even got produced, since it started out as just a Hobby Japan feature.

Dragonar wasn't bad it was just brief, kind of like Angels Egg or Dragons Heaven in that regard. In fact I think I have my dubs on the same old vhs tape........

Orguss was bad ass, but I would definately like to see a redo, same with Dancougar and ideon.

Wouldn't mind seeing a new Gall Force either. What the hell IS Sonada doing these days anyway? And did he ever sue the makers of Transporter for the obvious Riding Bean ripoff?

I didn't know that about L-Gaim. It was a Tomino story from the get go as far as I know.

Dragonar had a healthy run, it was just a poor man's Gundam by Tomino.

He's still doing just manga and design work, as he always did. I've no idea about the Transporter lawsuit ever happening.

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:44 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:That had a great deal with also getting the stuff out on time. Hence the reason why Gundam OO was split into two seasons. The schedule problems and quality drops with the Seeds got to folks.

Man, I'm rewatching Zeta Gundam, and a OO/UNicorn level of quality would rock. That and an updating of those computer interfaces.

I simply never could get into Gundam, I have some of the old 70's stuff, Char's Counterattack, and War in the Pocket, but honestly, I am just no longer into the Giant Robot stuff unless its fantasy or comedy. Macross gets a pas, but only macross.

I prefer more realistic mechs, things I could actually see being used. But I realize I am in a minority with that.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:I am giving up on Amy........

I need a new Outhouse female fixation.

I am thinking maybe Lucy.

First, I call bullshitz. You will never stop teh lustingz for Amy.

That'd be like Fourthman giving up on Emma.

SD has Lucy for his lust stalking, hence the war between him and Zechs. Herald's there too, but where Asian women are concerned, he's always there. :lol:

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:I simply never could get into Gundam, I have some of the old 70's stuff, Char's Counterattack, and War in the Pocket, but honestly, I am just no longer into the Giant Robot stuff unless its fantasy or comedy. Macross gets a pas, but only macross.

I prefer more realistic mechs, things I could actually see being used. But I realize I am in a minority with that.

Ever see Gasaraki?

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 472 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:You're getting nothing but Yaoi... hardcore Yaoi stuff. :twisted:

Cause that is what's on Cat's mind.

:shock:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Ever see Gasaraki?

Oh yes, very hapy with Gasaraki, except for the lead character, absollutely hated him. But the mechs were goddamn awesome.

Really wish Full Metal Panic mechs were smaller, but I still enjoyed that show a lot as well.

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:51 pm

sdsichero wrote:Cause that is what's on Cat's mind.

twennyfosebben

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:52 pm

sdsichero wrote:Cause that is what's on Cat's mind.

No. Cookies and Gundam and hawt women like Eliza Dushku are there.

I am not sharing those with you! :x

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 472 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing a new Gall Force either. What the hell IS Sonada doing these days anyway? And did he ever sue the makers of Transporter for the obvious Riding Bean ripoff?

I have no idea what Sonoda is doing. They did say they were going to contact him about that (UGH) live action BGC movie but dunno if he is helping with that or not.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-05-14/2012-bubblegum-crisis-film-planned-with-caucasisan/asian-cast
ImageImageImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum