Sunday, April 22, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Better than Bleeding Cool by that much."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Anime & Manga Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:00 pm

sdsichero wrote:Were the Votoms mechs too big too?

I wish they'd make an anime of Maschinen Krieger.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maschinen_Krieger_ZbV_3000
http://www.q-net.net.au/~nipngnwm/index.html

Here's a quick chart comparing many of the 80s bots. (It's a big one thanks to the Ideon!) That's a Scopedog at the end next to the Proto-Garland.

From left to right -

Ideon, Dragonar-1, Zeta Gundam, L-Gaim, VF-1A Valkyrie, Layzner, Dunbine, Igram AV-98 "Alphonse", Orguss, Proto-Garland, Scopedog.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:01 pm

Released in North America? :shock:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-23/toei-plans-3d-cg-harlock-gaiking-films

Toei Plans CG Captain Harlock, Gaiking Films
posted on 2010-03-23 01:33 EDT

Japan's Toei Animation is planning to theatrically release computer-graphics (CG) works in Western countries and other locales in 2012. Another anime studio, Production I.G is also planning to release Titan Rain, a joint production with Singaporea's Storm Lion Pictures (Yona Yona Penguin), in Asia. According to the Nikkei news source, the companies are aiming for theatrical releases overseas in part because the number of anime programs on television has declined, and anime DVD shipments have also dropped.

Toei Animation is making two CG anime works, with 3D animation techniques, in 2011. One of the titles is Space Pirate Captain Harlock, and the other is Daikuu Maryuu Gaiking. Each will have a production budget of several billion yen (about several tens of millions of dollars), which Toei plans to raise by soliciting capital from multiple companies. Toei Animation is planning to release these works theatrically in Europe, North America, Asia, and elsewhere in 2012 or later.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:01 pm

sdsichero wrote:Haha he is probably like that mutant (name escapes me)... with one hand for killing the other for life.

He has one soft palmolive hand and the other wears Doom's gauntlet.

Oh, Tran something from X-Men 2099. Right?

I liked that comic.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:04 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Oh, Tran something from X-Men 2099. Right?

I liked that comic.

I forget. :oops:

Didn't realize Ideon was that big.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:05 pm

sdsichero wrote:I forget. :oops:

Didn't realize Ideon was that big.

Yup, that big.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Another thing I am surprised that will be coming to NA (though I think they actually do bring in the books)...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-23/queen-blade-utsukushiki-toshi-tachi-ova-announced

Queen's Blade Utsukushiki Tōshi-tachi OVA Announced
posted on 2010-03-23 07:40 EDT

The May issue of Hobby Japan magazine is revealing on Thursday that a Queen's Blade Utsukushiki Tōshi-tachi OVA is being announced.

Queen's Blade began as Hobby Japan's Japanese game spinoff from Flying Buffalo's Lost Worlds combat picture book games. The television anime adaptation's first season, Queen's Blade -Rurō no Senshi-, aired in Japan from April to June of last year. The second season, Queen's Blade: Gyokuza o Tsugumono, was announced immediately after the last episode of the first season. The second season premiered this past September.

Media Blasters CEO John Sirabella revealed last November that his company has acquired both television seasons of Queen's Blade with plans for dubbing them into English.

(but I guess this is old news that I might have posted anyway... still kinda surprised)

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:10 pm

sdsichero wrote:Another thing I am surprised that will be coming to NA (though I think they actually do bring in the books)...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-23/queen-blade-utsukushiki-toshi-tachi-ova-announced

Queen's Blade Utsukushiki Tōshi-tachi OVA Announced
posted on 2010-03-23 07:40 EDT

The May issue of Hobby Japan magazine is revealing on Thursday that a Queen's Blade Utsukushiki Tōshi-tachi OVA is being announced.

Queen's Blade began as Hobby Japan's Japanese game spinoff from Flying Buffalo's Lost Worlds combat picture book games. The television anime adaptation's first season, Queen's Blade -Rurō no Senshi-, aired in Japan from April to June of last year. The second season, Queen's Blade: Gyokuza o Tsugumono, was announced immediately after the last episode of the first season. The second season premiered this past September.

Media Blasters CEO John Sirabella revealed last November that his company has acquired both television seasons of Queen's Blade with plans for dubbing them into English.

(but I guess this is old news that I might have posted anyway... still kinda surprised)

That's not surprising, considering the news that they're bringing Dance in the Vampire Bund over.

More and more of the virtual hentai stuff is going to be brought over here because that's all they've been making for the last couple of years now.

Fucking sad state of affairs in my opinion.

Wisdom000

rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:If that's code for Summer Glau, you could be right. :-D

This has prompted me to start a thread...........

Wisdom000

rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:16 pm

sdsichero wrote:Released in North America? :shock:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-23/toei-plans-3d-cg-harlock-gaiking-films

Toei Plans CG Captain Harlock, Gaiking Films
posted on 2010-03-23 01:33 EDT

Japan's Toei Animation is planning to theatrically release computer-graphics (CG) works in Western countries and other locales in 2012. Another anime studio, Production I.G is also planning to release Titan Rain, a joint production with Singaporea's Storm Lion Pictures (Yona Yona Penguin), in Asia. According to the Nikkei news source, the companies are aiming for theatrical releases overseas in part because the number of anime programs on television has declined, and anime DVD shipments have also dropped.

Toei Animation is making two CG anime works, with 3D animation techniques, in 2011. One of the titles is Space Pirate Captain Harlock, and the other is Daikuu Maryuu Gaiking. Each will have a production budget of several billion yen (about several tens of millions of dollars), which Toei plans to raise by soliciting capital from multiple companies. Toei Animation is planning to release these works theatrically in Europe, North America, Asia, and elsewhere in 2012 or later.

FUCKING A..........

I GORRAM LOVE HARLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking bullshit keeping me from being able to get the Mastumot products on DVD here in America........ My Galaxy Express VHS is on it's last legs.........

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:FUCKING A..........

In more recent years... "Herlock"

ugh.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:This has prompted me to start a thread...........

Lust for Summer Glau thread?

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Fucking bullshit keeping me from being able to get the Mastumot products on DVD here in America........ My Galaxy Express VHS is on it's last legs.........

I think a great deal has to do with some of the contracts over ownership.

It would be great if the Captain Harlock and Arcadia SSX series were both but out in DVD here. Along with all the OVAs and movies.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:46 pm

http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=279
http://www.funimation.com/galaxyrailways/

Wisdom000

rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Just started buying Galaxy Railways, but its just not the same...

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:34 pm

I just sent you a PM . You've got 20 hours .

leave a comment with facebook