Advertisement

TIME LINCOLN #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:26 pm

amlah6 wrote:I miss the real 4thy that had good taste. :cry:

it was fun, it is the only issue of it that will ever come out. No it wasn't Planetary or anything, but it was like Five Fists of Science, Hellboy and Atomic Robo all mixed up together... I don't know, maybe the inner history nerd in me got overly excited.

Advertisement

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:33 pm

thefourthman wrote:it was fun, it is the only issue of it that will ever come out. No it wasn't Planetary or anything, but it was like Five Fists of Science, Hellboy and Atomic Robo all mixed up together... I don't know, maybe the inner history nerd in me got overly excited.

There's a mini series for it starting in June.

You need to leave Hellboy the hell out of this. :x

The concept for Time Lincoln/Void Stalin is cool, but that's as far as it goes. The actual execution of the comic is shit.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:39 pm

amlah6 wrote:There's a mini series for it starting in June.

You need to leave Hellboy the hell out of this. :x

The concept for Time Lincoln/Void Stalin is cool, but that's as far as it goes. The actual execution of the comic is shit.

Good, I want more. It was no less linear than Five Fists of Science, everyone loves that.

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Five Fists of Science is overrated. By a lot.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:46 pm

amlah6 wrote:Five Fists of Science is overrated. By a lot.

okay, well I used it in the description of the book to warn you then, don't blame me for your inability to read. :x

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:54 pm

thefourthman wrote:okay, well I used it in the description of the book to warn you then, don't blame me for your inability to read. :x

You also used Hellboy in the OP which is a pretty clear indication that you've never touched a Hellboy book in your life! :P

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:34 pm

amlah6 wrote:You also used Hellboy in the OP which is a pretty clear indication that you've never touched a Hellboy book in your life! :P

I've read the one shot we covered and one and a half library editions. :p and every one compares Atomic Robo to Hellboy... I don't think you are the real Amlah.

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:51 pm

thefourthman wrote:I've read the one shot we covered and one and a half library editions. :p and every one compares Atomic Robo to Hellboy... I don't think you are the real Amlah.

Don't try and deflect the meme you imposter. :P

I've only read the FCBD Atomic Robo stuff and there was a similarity between it and Hellboy tonally, but that's nowhere to be seen in Time Lincoln. For the life of me, I don't know where you're coming from with that comparison.

Five Fists of Science is boring masturbatory crap and I can see the similarities that you're drawing, but at least it looks pretty. Time Lincoln is just bad Amerimanga with amateurish photoshop coloring.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

amlah6 wrote:Don't try and deflect the meme you imposter. :P

I've only read the FCBD Atomic Robo stuff and there was a similarity between it and Hellboy tonally, but that's nowhere to be seen in Time Lincoln. For the life of me, I don't know where you're coming from with that comparison.

Five Fists of Science is boring masturbatory crap and I can see the similarities that you're drawing, but at least it looks pretty. Time Lincoln is just bad Amerimanga with amateurish photoshop coloring.

I read so many indie books, I only notice when art is bad, not amateurish.:p

It was fun, your mileage may vary though. :shock:

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 pm

thefourthman wrote:I read so many indie books, I only notice when art is bad, not amateurish.:p

It was fun, your mileage may vary though. :shock:

You need to go back and re-read this to make sure you didn't get it confused with another comic. :wink:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:02 pm

amlah6 wrote:You need to go back and re-read this to make sure you didn't get it confused with another comic. :wink:

I'm pretty sure I know which one it was, cause when the Void Stalin guy was talking it didn't make any sense, nor did the ending, but George Washington Carver appeared to have a Sweet Potato Ray Gun. That shit is awesome, in and of itself and worth the price of admission, alone.

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:28 pm

thefourthman wrote:I'm pretty sure I know which one it was, cause when the Void Stalin guy was talking it didn't make any sense, nor did the ending, but George Washington Carver appeared to have a Sweet Potato Ray Gun. That shit is awesome, in and of itself and worth the price of admission, alone.

Yeah, I'm sure the Time Lincoln Tech Manual will be a very engaging read.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:39 pm

amlah6 wrote:Yeah, I'm sure the Time Lincoln Tech Manual will be a very engaging read.

don't be mad at me cause you are still digging that gold out of your nose.

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:44 pm

thefourthman wrote:don't be mad at me cause you are still digging that gold out of your nose.

If you had read 3 Fred Perry comics in less than 7 days you'd be sitting on a pillow right now too. :x

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:47 pm

amlah6 wrote:If you had read 3 Fred Perry comics in less than 7 days you'd be sitting on a pillow right now too. :x

I can't help that the anal raping his other book gave you diminished your enjoyment of this book... however, having read this book, I can sympathize.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand