Advertisement

Review Group Week 215 - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #626

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:42 am

Not-So-Amazing Spider-Man #626

What do the following all have in common? A machine made by Hoover, Spider-Man # 626, a vortex, and my attitude.

They all suck.

(And so does Sidney Crosby, a.k.a. Cindy Crysbaby.)

Lente just isn't a good writer. Gaydos is a horrid artist. This whole book is made of fugly. Fugly art, fugly wrtiting.

Traditionally, the Spider-Sense only kicks up when there is an immediate danger. Yet in this story, it kicks up when a 'former' criminal is visiting with Michele at the apartment. A. -- it's unbelievably stupid for any attorney to let any criminal know where they live. Just. Damned. Stupid. B. -- there is no danger here. If the Spider-Sense is going to kick up every time Spider-Man comes within 5 feet of any criminal, it is going to kick up all the time, making it useless.

Late in the story, the Spider-Sense returns after being dampened, and Spider-Man uses it as a guidance system telling him which way to go to get to safety. That's changing the way it works, and making it more like Daredevil's radar.

Yet at a vital point in the story, the Spider-Sense fails to warn Spider-Man that he is about to get attacked. That point is when the female Scorpion stings him and dampens his Spider-Powers.

Cliched and hackneyed are two polite words that come to mind when I think of this book. And I find I hate that I am thinking about this book. I'm not writing any more about it, even though I could go on for a thousand more words about how bad this comic is. I'm not wasting my time.

Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly. Sucked. Fugly.

I hope I never read another comic this bad for the rest of my life.

And I'm being kind.
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Advertisement

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Title: Engineering The Future

Postby spidertour02 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:55 am

What is the worst-reviewed book you guys have had? Because I would think this is going to challenge that, at this rate. :shock:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:56 am

spidertour02 wrote:What is the worst-reviewed book you guys have had? Because I would think this is going to challenge that, at this rate. :shock:

not likely Punchy, Amlah and Doomie are fucking up the curve.

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Title: Engineering The Future

Postby spidertour02 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:57 am

thefourthman wrote:not likely Punchy, Amlah and Doomie are fucking up the curve.

I thought amlah's review was a joke, and I didn't see Punchy's because I have him on ignore ... :?

Postby ****** » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:12 pm

spidertour02 wrote:I thought amlah's review was a joke

Fuck that, the lot of you are smoking crack.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:13 pm

amlah6 wrote:Fuck that, the lot of you are smoking crack.

or you, doomie and punchy are.

Postby ****** » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Seriously, the lot of you are off your meds. The Gaydos art in this is brilliant.

Postby ****** » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:14 pm

thefourthman wrote:or you, doomie and punchy are.

Fuck you Time Lincoln's #1 and only fan.
Last edited by ****** on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:15 pm

amlah6 wrote:Seriously, the lot of you are off your meds. The Gaydos art in this is brilliant.

his art is okay, in a different book and this is not his best work by a long shot. You are starting to sound like Punchy.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:15 pm

amlah6 wrote:Fuck you Time Lincoln's #1 and only fan.

i think you have been replaced.

here's a test:
what are you doing right now?

Postby ****** » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:16 pm

thefourthman wrote:his art is okay, in a different book and this is not his best work by a long shot. You are starting to sound like Punchy.

Most seriously fucked up and antiquated logic ever. Good is good, this "not in my Spider-Man" bullshit is why fanboys are socially toxic.

Postby ****** » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:17 pm

thefourthman wrote:i think you have been replaced.

here's a test:
what are you doing right now?

Bitching on the internet and waiting for 3:15 so I can leave the office. It's the same fucking thing I do every Friday afternoon. :P

Postby ****** » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Old Man wrote:There are any number of books coming out next week that might deserve to get the Review Group treatment. With a quick skim of the list, I see at least 7, maybe 8, that I wouldn't mind reviewing.

But one book stands out as having a big neon sign flashing REVIEW ME!

Blackest Night #8.

I fully expect to see a lot of 4s, 5s, and 6s because of the hate factor, but that's my choice.

But I was waiting for the trade!

Not. :wink:

That should be fun. Good choice, Old Man.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:20 pm

amlah6 wrote:Most seriously fucked up and antiquated logic ever. Good is good, this "not in my Spider-Man" bullshit is why fanboys are socially toxic.

your liking this book when it is bad and when Gaydos' work is less than his best and giving it a perfect ten is the liberal equivalent to my conservative stance. You are just as militant, bitch!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:21 pm

amlah6 wrote:Bitching on the internet and waiting for 3:15 so I can leave the office. It's the same fucking thing I do every Friday afternoon. :P

damn, you are the real Amlah, or have figured out what his reply would be... you might be loltron, I will need to figure out a better test.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand