Advertisement

Review Group Week 215 - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #626

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 326 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:58 pm

Punchy wrote:The RG is very schizo this week. I expect the same will be true with Blackest Night next time.

The first issue scored very high, I wonder how much frustration of the story will effect the reviews.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:09 pm

I wonder how it's gonna be for someone who hasn't read any of it, and isn't going to read any more of it

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:33 pm

Zero wrote:I wonder how it's gonna be for someone who hasn't read any of it, and isn't going to read any more of it

Obviously, a 0.
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 188 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:31 pm

I love these negative reviews. They're so awesome.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 120 posts

Postby doombug » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Zechs wrote:I love these negative reviews. They're so awesome.

I love your trolling of this thread. :roll: :lol:

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Zechs: Redefining butthurt since January 2008.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Can someone post a cliff notes spoiler of what has happened in Blackest Night so I know what the hell is going on when I read it next week.
thanks.

Potter Who
penile prisoner

Postby Potter Who » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Eh, it was a solid issue. Surprised by some of the really low scores handed out this week, and the only way I can explain it is that--despite what some people say--they don't like the classic, continuity-neutral, done-in-one story formula anymore. Guess it just seems boring to tell a street-level Spidey tale these days. Story, imo, was solid (some good moments between Peter and Michelle), art was a bit distracting but very well done, and while it wasn't life-changing, I felt there was enough bang for the buck in terms of the amount of story in the issue.

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:30 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Can someone post a cliff notes spoiler of what has happened in Blackest Night so I know what the hell is going on when I read it next week.
thanks.

The Guardians of the Universe got all butthurt. Their Mood Rings exploded from all the angst. This created Lanterns of all the colors of the rainbow, and somehow also created dead Black Lanterns who are trying to destroy all the Rainbow Bright lanterns, or convert them to Christianity.

Or something like that. ;-)

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Here's the longer, official version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackest_Night

Dugan
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Dugan » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:36 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:Can someone post a cliff notes spoiler of what has happened in Blackest Night so I know what the hell is going on when I read it next week.
thanks.

[spoiler]Black Rings brought back dead people and also turned most heroes who have been resurrected evil. The leader of the Black Lantern is Nekron, who's trying to get rid of life because he thinks it invaded the universe, and came to Earth because this is the home of the White entity of life whom he summoned to kill. The leaders of the seven coloured corps had to team up to fight them. The various Corps deputised one Earth hero each for 24 hours (what was they story logic for that again? for the life of me i can't remember.)

When Nekron summoned the Life entity, Sinestro merged with it to make a White Lantern[/spoiler]

Dugan
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Dugan » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Old Man wrote:Here's the longer, official version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackest_Night

and thus reborn as the true Guardian of the Universe whose new name is "Smedley Snugglepants"

:lol:

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Thanks!

This sounds cool
Dum Dum Dugan wrote:[spoiler]Black Rings brought back dead people and also turned most heroes who have been resurrected evil. The leader of the Black Lantern is Nekron, who's trying to get rid of life because he thinks it invaded the universe, and came to Earth because this is the home of the White entity of life whom he summoned to kill. The leaders of the seven coloured corps had to team up to fight them. The various Corps deputised one Earth hero each for 24 hours (what was they story logic for that again? for the life of me i can't remember.)

When Nekron summoned the Life entity, Sinestro merged with it to make a White Lantern[/spoiler]

but i would totally buy this :lol:
Old Man wrote:The Guardians of the Universe got all butthurt. Their Mood Rings exploded from all the angst. This created Lanterns of all the colors of the rainbow, and somehow also created dead Black Lanterns who are trying to destroy all the Rainbow Bright lanterns, or convert them to Christianity.

Or something like that. ;-)

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:22 pm

Old Man wrote:This is the worst Spider-Man comic I have read since BTK/OMD.

I absolutely, positively abhor the movie Scarface. And this was written at the same level. And the art is horrid, both in appearance and in storytelling ability.

And I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how NuSpider-Man's Spider-Sense works the same as Daredevil's radar sense when it never did before.

Why is it you can never seem to get the taste of vomit out of your mouth?

In a JMS issue of Back in Black, Spidey picked out the sniper in a subway station full of people by closing his eyes and just using his spidey sense

Dugan
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Dugan » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Kerny wrote:In a JMS issue of Back in Black, Spidey picked out the sniper in a subway station full of people by closing his eyes and just using his spidey sense

I can't remember if it was one of the power upgrades from The Other or just Spidey developing his powers over time but it's definitely an accepted use these days.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand