Friday, September 30, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 216 - BLACKEST NIGHT #8

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:24 pm

amlah6 wrote:Why bother? They're obviously the same person.

/fourthman'd


except unlike Maleev or Gaydos should be drawing comics.

******

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:except unlike Maleev or Gaydos should be drawing comics.


Maybe you shouldn't be reading comics.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 pm

Jubilee wrote:"Sinestro is now joined with the very light which was driven into the universe. Sinestro is now one with the entitiy"
This is how Guardians speak. If this came from anyone else it would sound silly - but not from a Guardian.

Jube wrote:"Hey I'm just the ghost with the mossttt...."
What's wrong with this - and by the way it's says "most" (not elongated) as in "I've got the most to lose". Which is exactly what Deadman should be saying for a hero who's helping the good guys find a way to defeat Neklron which could very likely end his very existance.

Twig wrote:Honestly, this is the last time I'll insult Johns dialogue.
Really? :shock: :D

Jubiglet wrote:2 out of 10. (For the art)
:lol: If I know you at all, you probably went into this book not wanting to like anything in it. Execpt for the quotes you most likely had your entire critique written long before you actually saw the issue. I suspect this because I'd probably do the same for a Bendis book if I were to review one (which I won't because I'm aware of my bias).
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:40 pm

It's a DC book, of course Twigg is going to blindly hate it.

Twigg only like marvel and guys named Bendis. Everything else is shit in his eyes.

Do I really need to keep explaining this to you people? :lol:
User avatar

Porcelain38

dINGO

Postby Porcelain38 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:56 pm

doombug wrote:It's a DC book, of course Twigg is going to blindly hate it.

Twigg only like marvel and guys named Bendis. Everything else is shit in his eyes.

Do I really need to keep explaining this to you people? :lol:



Twigg loves the Bendis Kool-Aide,
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:50 pm

so I agree with Twig, that book sucked.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:55 pm

I think I just got punked.

No really. What the hell was that?

"We all chose life when given the chance."

"We chose to live again. Now we choose it for you. William Hand of Earth. Live"

"Let there be light!"

:roll:

So they had to decide to live? So, Superheroes are immortal if they so choose? And then there is no rhyme or reason to who is resurrected and who isn't? And really, the ANTI-MONITER? Please, no more crises, I can't take it!!!

What a mess of illogical, weak malarky and then like all DC events, it ends with Superheroes waxing poetic about the meaning of it all and then it isn't the end of Blackest Night, but the beginning of Brightest Day!?!?!?! :x

What a stupid comic.

It sure was pretty though.

Story 2
Art 9
Overall 4
User avatar

Daringd

Review Grouper

Postby Daringd » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:32 pm

Blackest Night #8: Johns/Reis DC $3.99
Yes, finally an event lived up to the hype. Amazing ending, I thought everything worked. The art was fantastic and the way Johns tied thing up was just brilliant. The quality of Blackest Night stayed consistent. The resurrections choices really made me happy. I’m not gonna spoil but damn we are in for some exciting stuff. I am very much looking forward to Brightest Day now. Amazing ending amazing event, great stuff bravo Johns and Reis you guys pulled it off.
10/10

******

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:34 pm

My favorite thing about BN #8 so far? I haven't even bought it yet and I've already sold it back to MCS. :lol:
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:41 pm

amlah6 wrote:My favorite thing about BN #8 so far? I haven't even bought it yet and I've already sold it back to MCS. :lol:

What happens when all the shops in Dayton are sold out tomorrow?
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 pm

thefourthman wrote:I think I just got punked.

No really. What the hell was that?

"We all chose life when given the chance."

"We chose to live again. Now we choose it for you. William Hand of Earth. Live"

"Let there be light!"

:roll:

So they had to decide to live? So, Superheroes are immortal if they so choose? And then there is no rhyme or reason to who is resurrected and who isn't? And really, the ANTI-MONITER? Please, no more crises, I can't take it!!!

What a mess of illogical, weak malarky and then like all DC events, it ends with Superheroes waxing poetic about the meaning of it all and then it isn't the end of Blackest Night, but the beginning of Brightest Day!?!?!?! :x

What a stupid comic.

It sure was pretty though.

Story 2
Art 9
Overall 4


My score will be the same. That much I already know. It was still better than ASM.

******

Postby ****** » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:50 pm

thefourthman wrote:What happens when all the shops in Dayton are sold out tomorrow?


Fuck do I care? I don't live in Ohio.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:57 pm

amlah6 wrote:Fuck do I care? I don't live in Ohio.

I thought you would have gotten that Oklahoma and Ohio are the same state.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:04 am

thefourthman wrote:I thought you would have gotten that Oklahoma and Ohio are the same state.


That's a pretty dick statement directed at the people of Ohio.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:06 am

amlah6 wrote:That's a pretty dick statement directed at the people of Ohio.

What the fuck do I care, one of those places doesn't exist, so who cares?

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], Psivage, Yahoo [Bot] and 44 guests