Advertisement

Review Group Week 216 - BLACKEST NIGHT #8

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 15775
Likes: 138 posts
Liked in: 177 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:24 pm

amlah6 wrote:Why bother? They're obviously the same person.

/fourthman'd


except unlike Maleev or Gaydos should be drawing comics.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

Advertisement

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:except unlike Maleev or Gaydos should be drawing comics.


Maybe you shouldn't be reading comics.

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 19934
Likes: 147 posts
Liked in: 234 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Postby Amoebas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 pm

Jubilee wrote:"Sinestro is now joined with the very light which was driven into the universe. Sinestro is now one with the entitiy"
This is how Guardians speak. If this came from anyone else it would sound silly - but not from a Guardian.

Jube wrote:"Hey I'm just the ghost with the mossttt...."
What's wrong with this - and by the way it's says "most" (not elongated) as in "I've got the most to lose". Which is exactly what Deadman should be saying for a hero who's helping the good guys find a way to defeat Neklron which could very likely end his very existance.

Twig wrote:Honestly, this is the last time I'll insult Johns dialogue.
Really? :shock: :D

Jubiglet wrote:2 out of 10. (For the art)
:lol: If I know you at all, you probably went into this book not wanting to like anything in it. Execpt for the quotes you most likely had your entire critique written long before you actually saw the issue. I suspect this because I'd probably do the same for a Bendis book if I were to review one (which I won't because I'm aware of my bias).

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13008
Likes: 161 posts
Liked in: 50 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Postby doombug » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:40 pm

It's a DC book, of course Twigg is going to blindly hate it.

Twigg only like marvel and guys named Bendis. Everything else is shit in his eyes.

Do I really need to keep explaining this to you people? :lol:
Image

Image

Porcelain38
User avatar
dINGO
 
Posts: 3180
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:03 pm
Title: Staff Writer.


Postby Porcelain38 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:56 pm

doombug wrote:It's a DC book, of course Twigg is going to blindly hate it.

Twigg only like marvel and guys named Bendis. Everything else is shit in his eyes.

Do I really need to keep explaining this to you people? :lol:



Twigg loves the Bendis Kool-Aide,

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26493
Likes: 23 posts
Liked in: 16 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:50 pm

so I agree with Twig, that book sucked.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26493
Likes: 23 posts
Liked in: 16 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:55 pm

I think I just got punked.

No really. What the hell was that?

"We all chose life when given the chance."

"We chose to live again. Now we choose it for you. William Hand of Earth. Live"

"Let there be light!"

:roll:

So they had to decide to live? So, Superheroes are immortal if they so choose? And then there is no rhyme or reason to who is resurrected and who isn't? And really, the ANTI-MONITER? Please, no more crises, I can't take it!!!

What a mess of illogical, weak malarky and then like all DC events, it ends with Superheroes waxing poetic about the meaning of it all and then it isn't the end of Blackest Night, but the beginning of Brightest Day!?!?!?! :x

What a stupid comic.

It sure was pretty though.

Story 2
Art 9
Overall 4

Daringd
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 196
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:05 pm


Postby Daringd » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:32 pm

Blackest Night #8: Johns/Reis DC $3.99
Yes, finally an event lived up to the hype. Amazing ending, I thought everything worked. The art was fantastic and the way Johns tied thing up was just brilliant. The quality of Blackest Night stayed consistent. The resurrections choices really made me happy. I’m not gonna spoil but damn we are in for some exciting stuff. I am very much looking forward to Brightest Day now. Amazing ending amazing event, great stuff bravo Johns and Reis you guys pulled it off.
10/10

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:34 pm

My favorite thing about BN #8 so far? I haven't even bought it yet and I've already sold it back to MCS. :lol:

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26493
Likes: 23 posts
Liked in: 16 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:41 pm

amlah6 wrote:My favorite thing about BN #8 so far? I haven't even bought it yet and I've already sold it back to MCS. :lol:

What happens when all the shops in Dayton are sold out tomorrow?

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 15775
Likes: 138 posts
Liked in: 177 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 pm

thefourthman wrote:I think I just got punked.

No really. What the hell was that?

"We all chose life when given the chance."

"We chose to live again. Now we choose it for you. William Hand of Earth. Live"

"Let there be light!"

:roll:

So they had to decide to live? So, Superheroes are immortal if they so choose? And then there is no rhyme or reason to who is resurrected and who isn't? And really, the ANTI-MONITER? Please, no more crises, I can't take it!!!

What a mess of illogical, weak malarky and then like all DC events, it ends with Superheroes waxing poetic about the meaning of it all and then it isn't the end of Blackest Night, but the beginning of Brightest Day!?!?!?! :x

What a stupid comic.

It sure was pretty though.

Story 2
Art 9
Overall 4


My score will be the same. That much I already know. It was still better than ASM.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:50 pm

thefourthman wrote:What happens when all the shops in Dayton are sold out tomorrow?


Fuck do I care? I don't live in Ohio.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26493
Likes: 23 posts
Liked in: 16 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:57 pm

amlah6 wrote:Fuck do I care? I don't live in Ohio.

I thought you would have gotten that Oklahoma and Ohio are the same state.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby ****** » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:04 am

thefourthman wrote:I thought you would have gotten that Oklahoma and Ohio are the same state.


That's a pretty dick statement directed at the people of Ohio.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26493
Likes: 23 posts
Liked in: 16 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:06 am

amlah6 wrote:That's a pretty dick statement directed at the people of Ohio.

What the fuck do I care, one of those places doesn't exist, so who cares?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], Zechs and 188 guests

Advertisement