Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:02 am

NedPepper wrote:JBL was intense tonight. I hate Bradshaw, so I guess he's got that heel thing down. Although, instead of it being X-Pac heat, I actually thought JBL played a good heel.

I agree, I just don't think he should ever wrestle a match that doesn't involve some kind of gimmick to mask his lack of 'athleticism.'
Last edited by zombiemichaeljackson on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:13 am

It was awesome to see Punk win the belt. It was even better to see him hold on to it in the defense against Bradshaw. In fact it was pretty awesome to see him get JBL up for the GTS. That's a big dude for him to pick up and hold like that.

The second best part of the show was Santino and Rey Mastrio, that was funny as hell. I really hope they let them feud for a bit and let Santino really go in the ring. Sooner or later they have to let him show his skills in the ring and not just use him as the best heel promo cutter on the show.

Jericho vs Kofi was solid, but I'm ready for HBK and him to really get going. I hope this feud lasts for the next two or three months and we get two or three great PPV matches from them. I also hope Kofi is given a good run with the IC title and doesn't just drop it to Cade to further his push. Kofi has a chance to be a great second tier star if they use him right, and he may even be able to be bigger in a couple years.

I love Jamie getting in fights with big dudes, so that was a fun segment.

I thought the promo by Rhodes and Ted Jr was very well done and entertaining. They seem like they could be a really really good team together.

Overall it was a great show and set up a wonderful new status quo for RAW. I hope they continue to push the mid card and tag divisions on the show. Tonight was promising and they certainly have the talent to have four or five great feuds going at any time. I hope ECW and Smackdown are as good this week.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:13 am

twoheads wrote:I agree, I just don't think he should ever wrestle a match unless that doesn't involve some kind of gimmick to mask his lack of 'athleticism.'

I would love to see him become the GM if they aren't going to put Regal back in that role.

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 365 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:04 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:I would love to see him become the GM if they aren't going to put Regal back in that role.

I would love to see this as well.

Baskerville Holmes
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Baskerville Holmes » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:15 am

This RAW really made use of post-draft, post-ppv momentum to set up the direction for the coming months.

I really hope they do stuff with Rhodes and Dibiase and really try to revitalize the tag division again.

Santino rules the mic in the entire WWE. Fact.

"You, sir, are not the Batman." Incredible. Now I just wish they'd let him wrestle and showcase his ability (which he totally has).

I really hope they don't make CM Punk a champ like Rey Mysterio, ie one that loses all the time. So far so good but time will tell. I'd love to see him turn heel, but overall a great RAW. Cole has gotten a lot better on the mic and I like him a lot on RAW.
[img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7824/340x.gif[/img]

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 365 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:26 am

TheScantronman wrote:This RAW really made use of post-draft, post-ppv momentum to set up the direction for the coming months.

I really hope they do stuff with Rhodes and Dibiase and really try to revitalize the tag division again.

Santino rules the mic in the entire WWE. Fact.

"You, sir, are not the Batman." Incredible. Now I just wish they'd let him wrestle and showcase his ability (which he totally has).

I really hope they don't make CM Punk a champ like Rey Mysterio, ie one that loses all the time. So far so good but time will tell. I'd love to see him turn heel, but overall a great RAW. Cole has gotten a lot better on the mic and I like him a lot on RAW.

I totally agree, last nights show felt so fresh and new and different, which is so rare in wrestling now.

I hope that the ratings show this so that Punk isn't turned into a turd transition Champ like so many other guys have. He has the talent in the ring and on the mic to do this if they let him that is.

Deux

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Deux » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:32 am

Look at the top North American champions list from TNA and WWE. What do they all have in common (save HHH and Miz/Mo)?

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:23 am

Destiny Frankenstein wrote:Look at the top North American champions list from TNA and WWE. What do they all have in common (save HHH and Miz/Mo)?

ROH?

Deux

Postby Deux » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:26 am

DaReekstah wrote:ROH?

Bingo.

Pretty rad, eh?

I marked out for the first time since Wrestlemania (Orton's retention and Punk's MITB win) last night.

Psivage
FROGMAN

Liked in: 20 posts
Title: shake it baby, shake it good!
Formerly: Cat-Psivage

Postby Psivage » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:33 pm

Punk as Champ should be good, I hope he has at least a 3 month reign and not lose it at next PPV.

I hope Edge jumps to Raw to get revenge on Punk, that would be great.

What I didn't like, is them having a match start during the commerical.

tralfaz
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby tralfaz » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:37 pm

when is Katie Lea going to be champ? i like her fake british accent that turns to french then back to american british

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:38 pm

That was an awesome episode of Raw. I havent said that in a while

Jonathan
Expert Post Whore

Title: The American
Formerly: Adroitly Chaotic, House of Me

Postby Jonathan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:38 pm

tralfaz wrote:when is Katie Lea going to be champ? i like her fake british accent that turns to french then back to american british

I thought she WAS British....

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 376 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:39 pm

Jonathan wrote:I thought she WAS British....

She is, born in Germany, raised in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Lea_Burchill

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 376 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:42 pm

I've stated in the past that I didn't think the Fed knew what to do with Punk.

I've never been so gald to be wrong. :D

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum