Advertisement

Review Group Week 216 - BLACKEST NIGHT #8

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:06 am

Put my review in the article!

Advertisement

Postby ****** » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:10 am

Punchy wrote:Put my review in the article!

:x :x :x

I already did. :P

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:13 am

amlah6 wrote::x :x :x

I already did. :P

You put a Larfleeze picture next to my review! I hate you! :P

Postby ****** » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Punchy wrote:You put a Larfleeze picture next to my review! I hate you! :P

:-D

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:51 pm

The comic was disappointing like the amount of homework I still need to do for tomorrow and tonight. Dialogue was bad, story was bad but the art saves this from a 1 so I give it the score of

doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

marvell2100
expert hobo killer

Postby marvell2100 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Blackest Night #8 was ok but not great. All they did was bring back a bunch of characters they didn't know what to do with in the first place.
I plan to be here for a while. Keep the beer and women coming!

Jubilee
Review Grouper

Formerly: Twigglet

Postby Jubilee » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:50 am

guitarsmashley wrote:The comic was disappointing like the amount of homework I still need to do for tomorrow and tonight. Dialogue was bad, story was bad but the art saves this from a 1 so I give it the score of

The artwork in this was absolutely great.

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:50 pm

Jubilee wrote:I read it! I swear Old Man! One of these days me and you are going to meet up in an alleyway and just have it out.

I'm looking forward to it.
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Jubilee wrote:I think.. this is almost confirmation to a theory I've had for a while now, that this is some kind of joke account.

If anyone here is a joke, it's you.

If you think you need a confirmation that I am real, have strong opinions, and am not afraid to speak them, ask starlord about me. We shop the same LCS, and have attended some of the same comics conventions in our area.

Otherwise, piss off.
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Jubilee
Review Grouper

Formerly: Twigglet

Postby Jubilee » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:59 am

Old Man wrote:If anyone here is a joke, it's you.

If you think you need a confirmation that I am real, have strong opinions, and am not afraid to speak them, ask starlord about me. We shop the same LCS, and have attended some of the same comics conventions in our area.

Otherwise, piss off.

There's a difference between strong opinions, and claiming this book is the best since Watchmen. :lol:

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Jubilee wrote:There's a difference between strong opinions, and claiming this book is the best since Watchmen. :lol:

No, I'd say it's the same thing. It's his very strong opinion. Hell, I don't agree with it, but if it's what he thinks, than I respect that.

And Old Man is very real. I've touched him and everything.

(well not like that!)

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Hermit_Sage
Wrasslin' Fan

Title: OH Elections Commissioner
Formerly: The Middle Sage, Phenomenal Sire

Postby Hermit_Sage » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:04 pm

since Shield #1 was sold out and i Just read this issue, figured I'd post a review to this instead

Blackest Night #8

First the easy stuff this thing is a solid 10 I don't think I could expect the art to be any better then it is. This thing is sure enjoyable to just look at and enjoy the art. This thing was gorgeous I loved the splash pages, The White Lanterns the Live, it was the total package art wise.

Story Wise, I stopped caring about Blackest Night a few issues ago. Which is a shame too since I was one of the ones drooling for this story since we first found out about it after Sinestro War. But man this issue just lost me, first I didn't like all the tie ins and in fact skipped a majority of em. I don't know what the point of this story was. I started thinking that at issue 5 and now that its over, What the hell was the point?

I just have finished #8 and I still can't tell you the point of this story anymore. All blackest night ends up being for me is a beatifully drawn story, but the story wasn't much important. The mark out moments of this story made me mark out but in the end its still doesn't add up to a great story, I really wish this had stayed a GL event and not a DCU event.

story - 2
art - 10

overall - 6

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand