Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 299 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:52 pm

tralfaz wrote:when is Katie Lea going to be champ? i like her fake british accent that turns to french then back to american british

Hopefully never cause that denies me more Mickie James. :D

Awesome RAW tonight from the last hour I saw. I loved the whole Cena and Tyme coming out together hoping this is the beginning of a beautitful partnership.

We're seeing new heels pop up with Cody and Ted Jr. (get Melina or some female heel with them stat but really their heel gold already).

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

Deux

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby Deux » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:56 pm

Frost wrote:Hopefully never cause that denies me more Mickie James. :D

Awesome RAW tonight from the last hour I saw. I loved the whole Cena and Tyme coming out together hoping this is the beginning of a beautitful partnership.

We're seeing new heels pop up with Cody and Ted Jr. (get Melina or some female heel with them stat but really their heel gold already).

Cena's Hal Jordan impression there was hilarious, too. Unintentionally though.

"RAAAAH!! Let's get 'em, black friends!!"

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 216 posts

Postby misac » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Master McNut wrote:I totally agree, last nights show felt so fresh and new and different, which is so rare in wrestling now.

Aye, the draft came at the right time. I was about to stop watching. It was a great Raw, I hadn't enjoyed it in a long time. It such a breath of fresh air seeing new people with the titles. I hope they actually do something with the IC title.

I find it sad that JBL is the top heel on Raw. Orton may be a d-bag in real life but he can't come back soon enough.

Santino was awesome like always. When he finishes his feud with Rey I'd like to see him feud with Jamie Noble. The promos would be awesome and Santino could learn a lot from Jamie.

When Jericho finishes his feud with Shawn I hope he goes after Punk. That could be pretty good.

Ted jr and Rhodes' music was horrible, they should just come out with the Million Dollar Man's song.

I don't like Cena, but I was so happy to see him at the end. I wonder if Cena and Cryme Time will be teaming up, I think I'd actually like to see that.

NedPepper
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby NedPepper » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:51 pm

twoheads wrote:I agree, I just don't think he should ever wrestle a match that doesn't involve some kind of gimmick to mask his lack of 'athleticism.'

Agreed. Just having him talk seems to work. His wrestling ability is weaker than ever, and he was never that great to begin with. (There is that back injury that won't heal, and all those gimmick matches may have taken a toll on JBL.)

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:53 pm

NedPepper wrote:Agreed. Just having him talk seems to work. His wrestling ability is weaker than ever, and he was never that great to begin with. (There is that back injury that won't heal, and all those gimmick matches may have taken a toll on JBL.)

I think he's best served either as an announcer or a GM as well. He can still put on an OK match, but not on a weekly basis and he can't put on a great match at all. I think he should have stayed on Smackdown as announcer or been GM and never should have come back to perform in the ring.

NedPepper
cheese

Postby NedPepper » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:54 pm

Master McNut wrote:I would love to see this as well.

See, I thought that, but then we go right back into stale territory. JBL would no doubt make a great GM, but I dig the idea that he's trying to take over the show all by himself.

It's more interesting. I think part of the fresh feel, for me at least, on Raw this week was having no GM. They need to at least play this out a while longer before sticking in another evil GM.

Jonathan
Expert Post Whore

Title: The American
Formerly: Adroitly Chaotic, House of Me

Postby Jonathan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:59 pm

NedPepper wrote:See, I thought that, but then we go right back into stale territory. JBL would no doubt make a great GM, but I dig the idea that he's trying to take over the show all by himself.

It's more interesting. I think part of the fresh feel, for me at least, on Raw this week was having no GM. They need to at least play this out a while longer before sticking in another evil GM.

Personally I like the "martial law/inmates running the asylum" feel. I like how the flagship show has gone "Wild West" due to no McMahon or GM. And I think with the heels (especially JBL) stirring up the pot and causing so much trouble that when a new GM is picked/introduced, they will be a face. A New Sheriff in Town, if you will.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:01 pm

NedPepper wrote:See, I thought that, but then we go right back into stale territory. JBL would no doubt make a great GM, but I dig the idea that he's trying to take over the show all by himself.

I like that idea. I'm for anything to keep him out of the ring.

So do you guys think it'll be revealed that Regal caused Vince's accident?

NedPepper
cheese

Postby NedPepper » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:08 pm

Jonathan wrote:Personally I like the "martial law/inmates running the asylum" feel. I like how the flagship show has gone "Wild West" due to no McMahon or GM. And I think with the heels (especially JBL) stirring up the pot and causing so much trouble that when a new GM is picked/introduced, they will be a face. A New Sheriff in Town, if you will.

I like this. And if anyone has ever seen a Western, the sheriff doesn't really have control.

It only works if McMahon stays away. Seriously. And no Shane, unless he wants to play the role of the inept sheriff.

The GM being over his head and JBL having connections could work. I like your thinking.

NedPepper
cheese

Postby NedPepper » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:09 pm

NedPepper wrote:I like this. And if anyone has ever seen a Western, the sheriff doesn't really have control.

It only works if McMahon stays away. Seriously. And no Shane, unless he wants to play the role of the inept sheriff.

The GM being over his head and JBL having connections could work. I like your thinking.

I'm behind on Regal. What was the storyline excuse for him being removed from GM?

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:14 pm

NedPepper wrote:I'm behind on Regal. What was the storyline excuse for him being removed from GM?

He was fired when he lost to Kennedy.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 346 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:21 pm

I should point out, at this point, that Monday Night Raw HAD a Sheriff, one who technically never was fired..... :)

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

NedPepper
cheese

Postby NedPepper » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:48 pm

Lord Simian wrote:I should point out, at this point, that Monday Night Raw HAD a Sheriff, one who technically never was fired..... :)

Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!

I think Shawn Michaels played a "sherriff" role years ago, too.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:52 pm

So you want him to be the new Million Dollar Man? I would enjoy that if he stopped wrestling and just backed guys in a managerial role with limited ring time like Ted did towards the end of his career.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 346 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:55 pm

NedPepper wrote:Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!

I think Shawn Michaels played a "sherriff" role years ago, too.

I don't think he was officially a sheriff, though, he just used the famous "There's a new sheriff in town" line. And if I'm not mistaken, which I very well could be, it was on the first episode of Smackdown?

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum