Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:58 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:So you want him to be the new Million Dollar Man? I would enjoy that if he stopped wrestling and just backed guys in a managerial role with limited ring time like Ted did towards the end of his career.
I haven't watched wrestling in years but I think JBL would work best as a manager/ bodyguard type character where he's doing dirty things behind the referees' backs but the wrestlers can't do much because he's capable of kicking their asses.

Advertisement

NedPepper
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby NedPepper » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:05 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:So you want him to be the new Million Dollar Man? I would enjoy that if he stopped wrestling and just backed guys in a managerial role with limited ring time like Ted did towards the end of his career.

Yep. That's exactly what I'd like to see from him. Speaking of Ted, his son could use him right now. I believe Jr. is a star in the making, but The Million Dollar Man would give them a little bit more credibility.

The problem with JBL is that I don't think he wants to be in that position. He wants to wrestle, and I'm pretty damn sure he wants another title reign.

NedPepper
cheese

Postby NedPepper » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:06 pm

Lord Simian wrote:I don't think he was officially a sheriff, though, he just used the famous "There's a new sheriff in town" line. And if I'm not mistaken, which I very well could be, it was on the first episode of Smackdown?

I think it was. Wow. That was his pre Jesus days. Still a pain in the ass backstage. He didn't last long.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby misac » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:13 pm

john lewis wrote:I haven't watched wrestling in years but I think JBL would work best as a manager/ bodyguard type character where he's doing dirty things behind the referees' backs but the wrestlers can't do much because he's capable of kicking their asses.

I wanted him to form a new APA with Deuce and Domino but they broke them up. :(

Jonathan
Expert Post Whore

Title: The American
Formerly: Adroitly Chaotic, House of Me

Postby Jonathan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:22 pm

NedPepper wrote:The problem with JBL is that I don't think he wants to be in that position. He wants to wrestle, and I'm pretty damn sure he wants another title reign.

Which is a damn shame (I say this sarcastically) because apparently his back is still hurting him.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:27 pm

Jonathan wrote:Which is a damn shame (I say this sarcastically) because apparently his back is still hurting him.

However, he is VERY good friends backstage with Vince, perhaps only to HHH in influence, so..... :?

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Agent of the Bat » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:45 pm

Lord Simian wrote:However, he is VERY good friends backstage with Vince, perhaps only to HHH in influence, so..... :?

That is very true. JBL probably has the most stroke backstage besides the other McMahons and HHH, and maybe HBK. I think that they should stick with the "Martial Law" style right now and have JBL and all the other heels just causing havoc each week. If JBL were to become GM it wouldn't be much different than what Regal was doing before he was fired or what Vickie is doing on Smackdown. I am tired of those types of GM's and what they have going on RAW right now is very exciting, so they don't need to fuck that up.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:50 pm

Master McNut wrote:That is very true. JBL probably has the most stroke backstage besides the other McMahons and HHH, and maybe HBK. I think that they should stick with the "Martial Law" style right now and have JBL and all the other heels just causing havoc each week. If JBL were to become GM it wouldn't be much different than what Regal was doing before he was fired or what Vickie is doing on Smackdown. I am tired of those types of GM's and what they have going on RAW right now is very exciting, so they don't need to fuck that up.

Considering they mentioned TWICE on RAW that Raw has no GM, and that's two times more than they have since Regal went away.... someone is coming.

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---

--Lex Luthor

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:33 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Considering they mentioned TWICE on RAW that Raw has no GM, and that's two times more than they have since Regal went away.... someone is coming.

Ted Dibiase Sr is whom I want to be chosen!

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:00 pm

jza1218 wrote:Ted Dibiase Sr is whom I want to be chosen!

And the Lord of the Monkeys agrees with you!

--Lex Luthor

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:40 pm

jza1218 wrote:Ted Dibiase Sr is whom I want to be chosen!

As a long time fan of Ted I would back this all the way.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Agent of the Bat » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:06 am

Lord Simian wrote:Considering they mentioned TWICE on RAW that Raw has no GM, and that's two times more than they have since Regal went away.... someone is coming.

Thats is something I could really get bhind but honestly I see them going with a face GM on RAW seeing as how they have a heel GM on Smackdown. I really wish that they would get rid of Vickie as GM on Smackdown that is getting really old and I don't think she will be able to cut it when the show moves over to MyNetworkTV. They seem to be pushing that as the show with the "MEGASTARS" now and she does not fit that bill at all.

Anyone think Flair might comeback as a GM?

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:49 am

Master McNut wrote:Thats is something I could really get bhind but honestly I see them going with a face GM on RAW seeing as how they have a heel GM on Smackdown. I really wish that they would get rid of Vickie as GM on Smackdown that is getting really old and I don't think she will be able to cut it when the show moves over to MyNetworkTV. They seem to be pushing that as the show with the "MEGASTARS" now and she does not fit that bill at all.

Anyone think Flair might comeback as a GM?

Remember what happened last time they did that? It worked fine for a while but then he got the itch and got back in the ring for another few years. I think he needs to stay away from an on screen role for a while and let himself get to the point where he won't want to wrestle anymore. Then in three or four years I'd like to see him in a role like that.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:06 am

Master McNut wrote:Thats is something I could really get bhind but honestly I see them going with a face GM on RAW seeing as how they have a heel GM on Smackdown. I really wish that they would get rid of Vickie as GM on Smackdown that is getting really old and I don't think she will be able to cut it when the show moves over to MyNetworkTV.

I disagree, say what you will about Vicki Guerrero, but she gets some INSANE heel heat. She's probably the most over heel in the freakin' company right now, and she's not even a wrestler.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:09 am

twoheads wrote:I disagree, say what you will about Vicki Guerrero, but she gets some INSANE heel heat. She's probably the most over heel in the freakin' company right now, and she's not even a wrestler.

That's X-Pac heat, not HHH heat. There's a huge difference. Folks just hate her and think she's terrible, not that she's doing a great job as a heel. She's not doing as bad as some people think that she is, but she's far from doing the best heel job in the company.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum