Tuesday, August 14, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Call For Reviews: S.H.I.E.L.D. #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:31 am

Spicy Dick wrote:And you can get it on panties...which...I don't know what that means.

Buying one now.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:35 am

Zero wrote:For the record guys:

droll adj oddly amusing or comical. drollery noun. drolly adverb.
ETYMOLOGY: 17c: from French drôle.

Emphasis should really be on the funny part, rather than the odd part. Monty Python could be considered droll, but Twin Peaks would not.

I knew what the word means, and explained its current use coming from the commonly used phrase "how droll." :?

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:44 am

Safe to say my pick has sparked the best thread on the outhouse in a while. Am I the best poster here? This is further proof.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:14 am

:lol: :lol:

I fucking am lolling.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:17 am

Jubilee wrote:Safe to say my pick has sparked the best thread on the outhouse in a while. Am I the best poster here? This is further proof.

It's always all about you, isn't it? :cry:

Lots of good suggestions for next week, it's really cool to get a week with so many interesting books that would be pretty much new reads for everyone. Some of the more hyped books are coming at the end of the month in my BOC, like Flash and possibly Brightest Day, so those are out for that reason alone. We've been on the superhero stuff for a decent streak as well.

I usually try to pick something new or new to me that I'd like to try, as opposed to a personal favorite or something I always read.

So, although it may not be the Most Epic Thread Ever, I am going with Kill Shakespeare #1 from IDW. It could be harder to find for some people, maybe we can figure something out for people who'd like to review it but can't find a copy. Hopefully it'll be widely available. I know some reviewers skip weeks like that automatically, I don't know much about this book at all but always value everyone's opinions and hope you'll all contribute.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:20 am

[quote="Jude Terror"][/quote]

:lol:

I think your new webcomic should be titled "Rough Trades".

At least Starlord'll probably get the joke.

Potter Who

penile prisoner

Postby Potter Who » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:21 am

The art is just soooo on the money.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:25 am

john lewis hawk wrote:Buying one now.

I predict the ladies will be oddly amused when they see you in that.

Postby ****** » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:32 am

Spicy Dick wrote:The best book out last week, hands down, HATE Annual #8.

Stop ripping off Tori Amos and show us your tits!

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:38 am

amlah6 wrote:Stop ripping off Tori Amos and show us your tits!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Between that book and this thread, I think I've used up all my mirth for the year.

I had laryngitis, and Hate Annual made me giggle. The sound was so unpleasant my dog had to leave the room. :lol:

Really looking forward to Pete's new GN, this annual was really some of his best work.

And 20somethings who end every sentence like it's a question are one of my pet peeves too.

Postby ****** » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:39 am

Spicy Dick wrote:I am going with Kill Shakespeare #1 from IDW.

You're just picking an indie book to look cool.

/Punchy'd

[center]Image
Kill Shakespeare #1
selected by Spicy Dick[/center]Conor McCreery, Anthony Del Col (w)
Andy Belanger (a)

What Fables does for fairy tales, Kill Shakespeare does with the greatest writer of all time. This dark take on the Bard pits his greatest heroes (Hamlet, Juliet, Othello Falstaff) against his most menacing villains (Richard III, Lady Macbeth, Iago) in an epic adventure to find and kill a reclusive wizard named William Shakespeare. This debut— featuring a full 32-page story—will change the way you look at Shakespeare forever. • $3.99

Potter Who

penile prisoner

Postby Potter Who » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:52 am

I think some of us often forget how difficult it is to knock a #1 out of the park. Judging it as an introductory issue, its the most excited I've been about a title for a long time.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:55 am

amlah6 wrote:You're just picking an indie book to look cool.

/Punchy'd

:smt076 By this hand, I will supplant some of your teeth!

/Tempest'd

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:36 am

Got my copy of S.H.I.E.L.D., in colour! So suck it black and white losers.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:09 am

Punchy wrote:Got my copy of S.H.I.E.L.D., in colour! So suck it black and white losers.

Yeah, the bidding is starting on the B&W at $6, I feel awful. :-D

leave a comment with facebook