Wednesday, October 17, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Comics: we give a crap!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Call For Reviews: S.H.I.E.L.D. #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:57 am

Punchy wrote:I think it does.

you also thought calling the majority of the review group a bunch of liars was funny... :roll:

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am

thefourthman wrote:there are arcs to his FF? holy shit, I thought it was a never ending sequence of one shots. I said he has spent moments, not arcs.

Yes it is noticeable, but at the same time, Leonid is your introduction to this world, he is supposed to be an everyman... his character would develop after these events, not before. Plus it would be rather hard to have much character development when Helmet guy talks pretty much the whole issue.

:? An "everyman" who is a cosmic dynamo, has the Night Machine for a father, and sleeps in his own basilica for a bedroom?

To be honest, I have yet to relate to Leonid on any level but yes, it's issue #1, I know.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:58 am

thefourthman wrote:you also thought calling the majority of the review group a bunch of liars was funny... :roll:

Yeah, you don't even get the Droll Panties Award for that one.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:59 am

Punchy wrote:I actually had heard about Hickman before though, my friend Jim (who is cooler than me), read Nightly News as it was coming out, and recommended it to me, I just didn't get around to it until after reading Secret Warriors. I was exaggerating and joking, maybe I was referring to certain people who try and be Indie (not you), maybe I wasn't...

Why don't you quit being a passive-aggressive pussy and just name names if you have some kind of weird complex about what comics people read?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:03 am

Spicy Dick wrote:Why don't you quit being a passive-aggressive pussy and just name names if you have some kind of weird complex about what comics people read?

Fine, it was a reference to you.

And I wasn't being passive-aggressive, I just wasn't being an outright tool, like you are.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:06 am

Punchy wrote:Fine, it was a reference to you.

And I wasn't being passive-aggressive, I just wasn't being an outright tool, like you are.

Caching insults in your review vaguely attributed is most definitely passive-aggressive. But then, being outright-aggressive earlier in the thread was just humiliating for you so I see the need for a change of stragedy.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:07 am

You were a massive dick for getting pictures from his facebook.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:08 am

Punchy, it's not my fault your older brother is smarter than you, better-looking than you, gets the ladies, and reads indie comics. You're just gonna have to get over that on your own, sport.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:08 am

Spicy Dick wrote:Caching insults in your review vaguely attributed is most definitely passive-aggressive. But then, being outright-aggressive earlier in the thread was just humiliating for you so I see the need for a change of stragedy.

I'm just waiting for you to leave again like you always do. It's not worth getting myself in trouble.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:09 am

Jubilee wrote:You were a massive dick for getting pictures from his facebook.

You are massively stupid for imagining I would ever sign onto Facebook. :P

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:09 am

Spicy Dick wrote:Punchy, it's not my fault your older brother is smarter than you, better-looking than you, gets the ladies, and reads indie comics. You're just gonna have to get over that on your own, sport.

Hmmm, I think you may be projecting here a bit

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:10 am

Spicy Dick wrote:Punchy, it's not my fault your older brother is smarter than you, better-looking than you, gets the ladies, and reads indie comics. You're just gonna have to get over that on your own, sport.

I don't have an older brother.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:10 am

Spicy Dick wrote:You are massively stupid for imagining I would ever sign onto Facebook. :P

You're to indy for facebook?

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:12 am

Sorry kids, I don't have time to play with you today, bye-bye now!

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:13 am

Spicy Dick runs away again!

leave a comment with facebook