Advertisement

Review Group Week 218 - KILL SHAKESPEARE #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eli Katz
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 10930
Likes: 21 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:44 pm
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012


Postby Eli Katz » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Spicy Dickspeare wrote:If Jean Grey isn't shown to be getting anal from Logan doggystyle while Cyclops sits in the corner crying and masturbating, gets another zero from me.

What do cyclops' tears look like? Wet laser beams?

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:03 pm

Eli Katz wrote:What do cyclops' tears look like? Wet laser beams?


Better pass him some ruby-quartz Kleenex.

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13319
Likes: 527 posts
Liked in: 178 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Online


Postby doombug » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:03 pm

Why bother to review it though? Jude will just be all butt hurt that no one likes it even when we give it an average score. :lol: :roll:


Seriously if this was good Chris Claremont, I'd give a damn. But nope, rather read that firestar book. 8) (which I will be)

Guess my names going in the red. :lol:
Image

Image

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34476
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 89 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Fucking hell.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27161
Likes: 333 posts
Liked in: 179 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:25 pm

doombug wrote:Why bother to review it though? Jude will just be all butt hurt that no one likes it even when we give it an average score. :lol: :roll:


Seriously if this was good Chris Claremont, I'd give a damn. But nope, rather read that firestar book. 8) (which I will be)

Guess my names going in the red. :lol:

sorry, done with verse...l
cause it is a group and we are supposed to be giving books the benefit of the doubt, not only that being critical on at least some level of an objective manner. This one has a good artist, so I am hoping that makes a difference.

I would rather that if people aren't going to review it through obstinance that they just keep mum about why. That would prevent a lot of butt hurt, until Punchy demands that you be kicked out of the fucking group. This week fucking HOJ, Amlah and I went out of our way to give more people an opportunity to review this book and no one cared. That sucks in my opinion.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby ****** » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:31 pm

I'm excited for next week, I want to give XMF another chance. It helps that the preview art looks a lot better this time around.

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13319
Likes: 527 posts
Liked in: 178 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Online


Postby doombug » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:40 pm

thefourthman wrote:sorry, done with verse...l
cause it is a group and we are supposed to be giving books the benefit of the doubt, not only that being critical on at least some level of an objective manner. This one has a good artist, so I am hoping that makes a difference.

I would rather that if people aren't going to review it through obstinance that they just keep mum about why. That would prevent a lot of butt hurt, until Punchy demands that you be kicked out of the fucking group. This week fucking HOJ, Amlah and I went out of our way to give more people an opportunity to review this book and no one cared. That sucks in my opinion.


i wanted to read this weeks, thought i had it on my pull and obviously i didn't. :?

and like i said, i'll just be reading the thread next week but forcing x-men forever on people again after it was his last pick....change it up jude. :roll:

just not in a great mood right now. Plus even if I asked you for a copy it wouldn't get here until next week and it wouldn't add to the over all score at all. I like doing stuff on the actual week in question.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27161
Likes: 333 posts
Liked in: 179 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:53 pm

doombug wrote:i wanted to read this weeks, thought i had it on my pull and obviously i didn't. :?

and like i said, i'll just be reading the thread next week but forcing x-men forever on people again after it was his last pick....change it up jude. :roll:

just not in a great mood right now. Plus even if I asked you for a copy it wouldn't get here until next week and it wouldn't add to the over all score at all. I like doing stuff on the actual week in question.

it adds to the sod, and dammit, we said this shit on Tuesday.

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13319
Likes: 527 posts
Liked in: 178 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Online


Postby doombug » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:57 pm

I was just hoping that for once Jude wouldn't do what you guys were predicting.

Punchy will give it a low score, I wont buy it and we know whenever old man returns he'll lower the core too.

I mean I hate to sound like an asshole but how does he think this will be any different then about a month back. :?
Image

Image

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:36 pm

amlah6 wrote:I'm excited for next week, I want to give XMF another chance. It helps that the preview art looks a lot better this time around.


The art looks SO much better.\

My last zero was a joke relating to Jude banning Fourthy, I meant to change it back.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby ****** » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:43 pm

Hey Starlord, what the fuck is up with Old Man?! Tell him to get his geriatric ass back here. :cry:

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby ****** » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:45 pm

doombug wrote:i wanted to read this weeks, thought i had it on my pull and obviously i didn't. :?

and like i said, i'll just be reading the thread next week but forcing x-men forever on people again after it was his last pick....change it up jude. :roll:

just not in a great mood right now. Plus even if I asked you for a copy it wouldn't get here until next week and it wouldn't add to the over all score at all. I like doing stuff on the actual week in question.


Who doesn't? Shit happens sometimes, you know? Get over it and PM 4thy for this weeks book and post a review when you can. :wink:

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27161
Likes: 333 posts
Liked in: 179 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:11 pm

Spicy Dickspeare wrote:The art looks SO much better.\

My last zero was a joke relating to Jude banning Fourthy, I meant to change it back.

I got banned? I don't remember this. :lol:

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:34 pm

thefourthman wrote:I got banned? I don't remember this. :lol:



I think that was during your brief tenure as Broken Frontier Forum Czar. He said he banned you for your low XMF score, I figured I wanted to get banned too, so I lowered my score to a 0. But I meant to change it back, I just forgot.

Man, you sure got those forums going though!

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Lee, you read Doc Savage #1 last week? I ain't gonna lie, I intended to give it a try but it just didn't read that well when I skimmed it.

Plus, so much beefcake

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 84 guests

Advertisement