Advertisement

Review Group Week 218 - KILL SHAKESPEARE #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:12 pm

doombug wrote:I was just hoping that for once Jude wouldn't do what you guys were predicting.

Punchy will give it a low score, I wont buy it and we know whenever old man returns he'll lower the core too.

I mean I hate to sound like an asshole but how does he think this will be any different then about a month back. :?

The last week we did X-Men forever, it was that Cyclops story that, while enjoyable, didn't represent how awesome XMF has been, particularly in recent weeks. Just read the last few issues to see how fucking awesome Sabretooth has been written, his relationship with Daisy Dugan, or the Storm issue (issue 15) to see that this book has some really awesome things going on. Claremont has been saddled with revolving artists which kinda hurts the book (though what are you gonna do, it's bi-weekly and it's rare an artist can keep up with that). This book has Takeda on it, and it looks very good. And as an annual, and form talking to Chris a few weeks ago about it (to be published tomorrow), it's a great jumping on point, being about the nature of the series but not directly part of the ongoing plot. I flirted with picking something else, but I want people to give this book a chance.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post

Postby doombug » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:26 am

Jude Terror wrote:The last week we did X-Men forever, it was that Cyclops story that, while enjoyable, didn't represent how awesome XMF has been, particularly in recent weeks. Just read the last few issues to see how fucking awesome Sabretooth has been written, his relationship with Daisy Dugan, or the Storm issue (issue 15) to see that this book has some really awesome things going on. Claremont has been saddled with revolving artists which kinda hurts the book (though what are you gonna do, it's bi-weekly and it's rare an artist can keep up with that). This book has Takeda on it, and it looks very good. And as an annual, and form talking to Chris a few weeks ago about it (to be published tomorrow), it's a great jumping on point, being about the nature of the series but not directly part of the ongoing plot. I flirted with picking something else, but I want people to give this book a chance.

I'm going to stay out of the thread because I don't think it's going to be pretty. :lol:

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:44 am

I didn't mind the last XMF book we reviewed, I mean I am not gonna add to my pull list or anything but it was better than a lot of the crap we review... I would take 10 XMF's over 1 Blackest Night.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:49 am

48THRiLLS wrote:I didn't mind the last XMF book we reviewed, I mean I am not gonna add to my pull list or anything but it was better than a lot of the crap we review... I would take 10 XMF's over 1 Blackest Night.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

i couldn't disagree more.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:02 am

doombug wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

i couldn't disagree more.

I don't know much about the X-Men, aside from my knowledge of the movies yet I was able to follow the middle of an arc story we reviewed no problem... I got a headache trying to read Blackest Night (1 & 8 ) which we reviewed here, I understand why most people loved BN but I don't read much DC so I was completely out of the loop and BN was definitely not new reader friendly.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:26 am

48THRiLLS wrote:I didn't mind the last XMF book we reviewed, I mean I am not gonna add to my pull list or anything but it was better than a lot of the crap we review... I would take 10 XMF's over 1 Blackest Night.

Boosh!
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:11 am

I'm in, let's not forget the whole point of the Review Group, guys! It's about trying new things someone else recommends or wants to try, not about reviewing books you like or already read. You can do that any day of the week anyway.

All the (real, non-joking) whining whenever someone chooses a book is dumb.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:03 am

Batshit Crazy wrote:I would take 10 XMF's over 1 Blackest Night.

:smt011

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:21 am

I've not been able to get to the store for Kill Shakespeare yet but it should pop up early next week. I have quite a lot of books already next week, so XMF is probably gonna get skimmed in store. I just hope it's not overly wordy and bogged down in tedium like every other Claremont book since I was born.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:22 am

Spicy Dickspeare wrote:I'm in, let's not forget the whole point of the Review Group, guys! It's about trying new things someone else recommends or wants to try, not about reviewing books you like or already read. You can do that any day of the week anyway.

All the (real, non-joking) whining whenever someone chooses a book is dumb.

I do review stuff I like for the front page, but the issue here seems to be that Jude already knows that the RG doesn't like this book, we've only just done it, will reaction be that different? He's asking for it.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:11 am

why Jude Why? Your pick is full of fail.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Punchy wrote:I do review stuff I like for the front page, but the issue here seems to be that Jude already knows that the RG doesn't like this book, we've only just done it, will reaction be that different? He's asking for it.

exactly.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:32 am

Spicy Dick wrote:Lee, you read Doc Savage #1 last week? I ain't gonna lie, I intended to give it a try but it just didn't read that well when I skimmed it.

Plus, so much beefcake

about to and a review to follow.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:36 am

Punchy wrote:I do review stuff I like for the front page, but the issue here seems to be that Jude already knows that the RG doesn't like this book, we've only just done it, will reaction be that different? He's asking for it.

but if he likes the title and thinks that issue was not representative of the series as a whole, then why shouldn't he pick it again?

My problem with the bitching about it is that I think you and doombug would be better served not saying anything about why you didn't review it then fucking going on and on about why you don't want to read it.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:07 am

thefourthman wrote:but if he likes the title and thinks that issue was not representative of the series as a whole, then why shouldn't he pick it again?

My problem with the bitching about it is that I think you and doombug would be better served not saying anything about why you didn't review it then fucking going on and on about why you don't want to read it.

I've posted about it 3 times, hardly going on and on about it.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand