Friday, April 20, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Trash eaters."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 218 - KILL SHAKESPEARE #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:11 am

why Jude Why? Your pick is full of fail.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Punchy wrote:I do review stuff I like for the front page, but the issue here seems to be that Jude already knows that the RG doesn't like this book, we've only just done it, will reaction be that different? He's asking for it.

exactly.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:32 am

Spicy Dick wrote:Lee, you read Doc Savage #1 last week? I ain't gonna lie, I intended to give it a try but it just didn't read that well when I skimmed it.

Plus, so much beefcake

about to and a review to follow.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:07 am

thefourthman wrote:but if he likes the title and thinks that issue was not representative of the series as a whole, then why shouldn't he pick it again?

My problem with the bitching about it is that I think you and doombug would be better served not saying anything about why you didn't review it then fucking going on and on about why you don't want to read it.

I've posted about it 3 times, hardly going on and on about it.

Postby ****** » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 am

Even if it's just one post, complaining about someone's pick before you've read the book is a dick move. If you've read the issue and you think it sucks then by all means rip away, but if you haven't read the issue and you don't plan to there's no reason to shit all over someone's pick. Everyone (including me) should probably try to be a bit more respectful in this regard.

Chubbles

Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:23 am

Thanks for the book Amlah, it arrived over the weekend and I will be posting a review tonight after i read it. I owe ya one!

Postby ****** » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:28 am

Chubbles wrote:Thanks for the book Amlah, it arrived over the weekend and I will be posting a review tonight after i read it. I owe ya one!

Yay, maybe we can get 5 reviews for this! :lol:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:30 am

amlah6 wrote:Even if it's just one post, complaining about someone's pick before you've read the book is a dick move. If you've read the issue and you think it sucks then by all means rip away, but if you haven't read the issue and you don't plan to there's no reason to shit all over someone's pick. Everyone (including me) should probably try to be a bit more respectful in this regard.

People do it to my picks!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:37 am

Punchy wrote:I do review stuff I like for the front page, but the issue here seems to be that Jude already knows that the RG doesn't like this book, we've only just done it, will reaction be that different? He's asking for it.

I hope it will be different because this book has beautiful art and is set to be a complete standalone story without having to really know a lot about the rest of the series. At the same time, as a prequel, if you like it it may make you want to see what happened next and pick up the first trade. I think it's a good jumping on point. Go read my interview with Claremont too, lots of good stuff in there about what's to come.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:38 am

Punchy wrote:People do it to my picks!

:( Not me.

Postby ****** » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Punchy wrote:People do it to my picks!

That wasn't very nice of them, now was it? :wink:

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:16 pm

amlah6 wrote:That wasn't very nice of them, now was it? :wink:

but completely deserved.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 pm

amlah6 wrote:That wasn't very nice of them, now was it? :wink:

but completely deserved.

Postby ****** » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:20 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:but completely deserved.

Bullshit. Punchy makes great picks!

Postby ****** » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:21 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:but completely deserved.

Bullshit. Punchy makes great picks!

leave a comment with facebook