Advertisement

Call for Reviews - Siege: Secret Warriors

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Punchy wrote:Superhero event comics are just as worthy of long reviews as others! This is why I think you're pretentious!

Not surprisingly, you're the one with pretensions here. It has nothing at all to do with subject matter. People who don't take the trouble to review my picks won't get a review other than a score from me. You (and them) often prejudge picks before you've read them, I read them and then judge.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:09 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Not surprisingly, you're the one with pretensions here. It has nothing at all to do with subject matter. People who don't take the trouble to review my picks won't get a review other than a score from me. You (and them) often prejudge picks before you've read them, I read them and then judge.

I reviewed Kill Shakespeare.

And not reviewing out of personal butthurt is worse than being pretentious anyway.

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:09 pm

Punchy wrote:Superhero event comics are just as worthy of long reviews as others! This is why I think you're pretentious!

Always quick to defend the capes and outside underwear, even when it's not at all relevant. :lol:

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Punchy wrote:I reviewed Kill Shakespeare.

And not reviewing out of personal butthurt is worse than being pretentious anyway.

Calling people pretentious all the time is pretty damn pretentious if you ask me.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:12 pm

I thank you for the trouble. Too bad it wasn't a better book, but who knew beforehand.

In kind, I will review your next pick. It can even be about pajama people, I don't care. You always think I don't read superhero comics, do you have any idea how many longboxes of superhero comics I have?? Even when I got them super-cheap full of '90s books and Jeph Loeb, I read almost all of them.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:13 pm

It's not butthurt to say this review group has been extra-lame lately.

I calls em like I sees em.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:13 pm

amlah6 wrote:Calling people pretentious all the time is pretty damn pretentious if you ask me.

It's hard not to when pretentious is what they are!

I just think a 3 word review is not enough, I've criticised Yoni for the same thing. I'd take it as a bigger insult than not bothering at all.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:14 pm

Punchy wrote:It's hard not to when pretentious is what they are!

I just think a 3 word review is not enough, I've criticised Yoni for the same thing. I'd take it as a bigger insult than not bothering at all.

Take it however you like, I don't give a fuck.

Do you really want to push it with me again? 'Cause I'm good to go.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:17 pm

For once I'm backing Punchy here J. That is pretentious dude. It's okay to enjoy a super hero book every once and a while, the world isn't going to hate you. :lol:

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:18 pm

doombug wrote:For once I'm backing Punchy here J. That is pretentious dude. It's okay to enjoy a super hero book every once and a while, the world isn't going to hate you. :lol:

Superhero funny books are for pimply faced pencil necked geeks.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Take it however you like, I don't give a fuck.

Do you really want to push it with me again? 'Cause I'm good to go.

Not particularly, I'm going to drop it, but your attitude with this review has proven me right.

Back on topic: Is the normal issue of Secret Warriors out tomorrow as well? Any indication of which order to read them in?

I'm still catching up with last week's books, which reached here yesterday, unfortunately the X-Men Forever annual wasn't there.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:20 pm

doombug wrote:For once I'm backing Punchy here J. That is pretentious dude. It's okay to enjoy a super hero book every once and a while, the world isn't going to hate you. :lol:

[post too retarded to bother responding to]

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:[post too retarded to bother responding to]

:lol: I wanted in on one of these arguments between you two dammit!

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:26 pm

Punchy wrote:Not particularly, I'm going to drop it, but your attitude with this review has proven me right.

Back on topic: Is the normal issue of Secret Warriors out tomorrow as well? Any indication of which order to read them in?

I'm still catching up with last week's books, which reached here yesterday, unfortunately the X-Men Forever annual wasn't there.

Well the main title is nowhere near Siege right now so I doubt it matters.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm

doombug wrote::lol: I wanted in on one of these arguments between you two dammit!

Better check your privacy settings first! :x

I love good superhero comics. I love good crime comics. I love good horror or sci fi comics. I love good whatever you call those small self-revelatory comics.

I hate lazy comics, and this was a lazy comic.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand