Advertisement

Call for Reviews - Siege: Secret Warriors

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:21 pm

amlah6 wrote:What Ellis book? :?

The collection of essays from Bleeding Cool, I think it was.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:23 pm

thefourthman wrote:well, that was obviously the point, wasn't it?!

I'm not sure what the point was, I felt my IQ dropping as the book went on. It reminded me of a mediocre issue of The Boys.

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:The collection of essays from Bleeding Cool, I think it was.

Pass. Ellis as a writer has his ups and downs but I generally like him. Ellis as an internet persona I'm way past being bored with.

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:I'm not sure what the point was, I felt my IQ dropping as the book went on. It reminded me of a mediocre issue of The Boys.

It's the whole "he's a god and what do you do with him when he stops listening to Fury and starts doing whatever the hell he wants" thing that Hickman has been setting up with Phobos since the first arc.

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:29 pm

Well, I still have no clue about next week's pick.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:31 pm

amlah6 wrote:It's the whole "he's a god and what do you do with him when he stops listening to Fury and starts doing whatever the hell he wants" thing that Hickman has been setting up with Phobos since the first arc.

I did get that much. Those were some dumb fight scenes, though. And none of it made any sense, from the 32 secret service guys who forgot their guns that day to the one secret service guy who remembered his rocket launcher--lazy facile writing.

Screw Fury, the President pretty much has to nuke him at this point.

But those secret service guys had nothing to do with what happened to Ares, who'll just come back anyway. Go kill The Sentry. Kill the fictional president. Kill Norman. Whatever. Ares was the fucking god of war, it's not like he was bent over picking flowers when the sentry just flew up his ass for no reason. Ares was on the wrong fucking side and took too long to realize it.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:33 pm

:lol: Oh yeah, let's talk about Fury's flask scene. That was way beneath Hickman's talents. Did they let Jeph Loeb write that?

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:39 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:I did get that much. Those were some dumb fight scenes, though. And none of it made any sense, from the 32 secret service guys who forgot their guns that day to the one secret service guy who remembered his rocket launcher--lazy facile writing.

Screw Fury, the President pretty much has to nuke him at this point.

But those secret service guys had nothing to do with what happened to Ares, who'll just come back anyway. Go kill The Sentry. Kill the fictional president. Kill Norman. Whatever. Ares was the fucking god of war, it's not like he was bent over picking flowers when the sentry just flew up his ass for no reason. Ares was on the wrong fucking side and took too long to realize it.

Pfft. Katana!

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Spicy Dick wrote::lol: Oh yeah, let's talk about Fury's flask scene. That was way beneath Hickman's talents. Did they let Jeph Loeb write that?

Pfft. Alcohol is fun!

Jubilee
Review Grouper

Formerly: Twigglet

Postby Jubilee » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Spicy Dick, the reason I didn't review Kill Shakespeare is because it was literally impossible for me to get, if a book is picked in this group when I'm not ordering online, and it's not a massive issue my LCS (which is really a video game shop) won't sell it.
You don't have to like me
You don't have to respect me
But you will LISTEN to me.
-----
Always Right

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:45 pm

amlah6 wrote:Pfft. Katana!

And that brings me to the panels compositions and bogus White House layout--first off, a katana would be utterly useless in a tiny room surrounded by 30 guys, you wouldn't even have room to use it effectively.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Black Lantern Jubilee wrote:Spicy Dick, the reason I didn't review Kill Shakespeare is because it was literally impossible for me to get, if a book is picked in this group when I'm not ordering online, and it's not a massive issue my LCS (which is really a video game shop) won't sell it.

That's ok. It's cool.

But you drove Old Man away. :cry:

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:And that brings me to the panels compositions and bogus White House layout--first off, a katana would be utterly useless in a tiny room surrounded by 30 guys, you wouldn't even have room to use it effectively.

The layout of the White House or the size of the room or the number of agents with accessible handguns didn't bother me in the slightest. Katana!

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:51 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:Well, I still have no clue about next week's pick.

I Zombie! :smt038

Postby ****** » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:That's ok. It's cool.

But you drove Old Man away. :cry:

Never forget! :x :x :x

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand