Sunday, December 4, 2016 • Morning Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

I've been journaling...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:46 pm

Recently, my mom's cousin and his wife stayed with us. I discovered that he has been drawing in a moleskin journal to relax. And his drawings were so good, it inspired me to take it back up. Usually, I just write. But I've been feeling a little burnt out on that. So I'm drawing again for the first time in years.

I used to draw quite a bit in high school and college, but fell out of it as I got more into poetry. Now I'm seeing how I can make the two things coexist with each other. Not exactly switching back and forth, but letting one take the lead while the other takes a breath.

And I've never felt this good about drawing. Feels like I've held back all this time because I was afraid I wasn't good enough. Well, screw that. From now on, I draw good enough for me. And it's working okay so far. Today I drew a jukebox at a diner that I had lunch at this afternoon. It actually came out with more detail than I intended. I'm pleased.

So what about you guys? Do you journal?

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:53 pm

Hell no. I don't want to give them any proof to lock me up in an asylum.

Daniel

Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:03 pm

My dad has kept a journal since the 70s.

I've kept one for a month on a trip. Still missing one day I never filled in.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:35 pm

I keep travel journals when I go on vacation, but that's about it.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:55 pm

john lewis wrote:Hell no. I don't want to give them any proof to lock me up in an asylum.

Dude, trust me. They don't need journals for you. ;)

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:42 am

Lord Simian wrote:Dude, trust me. They don't need journals for you. ;)
I believe it.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:09 am

john lewis wrote:Hell no. I don't want to give them any proof to lock me up in an asylum.

All they'd have to do is see this site.

leave a comment with facebook