Advertisement

Call for Reviews - Siege: Secret Warriors

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon May 03, 2010 4:18 pm

starlord wrote:are the secret warriors out in trade yet? This one shot actually made me interested in the series. I have to say this was a fun pick this week.

I got their first HC for $5 a few weeks ago, if you PM me I'll send it to you.

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 346 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm

finally got the issue. Don't expect much of a review I have finals tomorrow and due wednesday.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Mon May 03, 2010 8:17 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:I got their first HC for $5 a few weeks ago, if you PM me I'll send it to you.

That's very kind of you, but I'll wait until they come up in TPB and pick them up. I'm a Trade obssesser. $5 though?! WOW!

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Mon May 03, 2010 8:48 pm

The first volume has been out in trade for a while, the second volume is scheduled to ship June 30.

Hermit_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 13 posts
Title: OH Elections Commissioner
Formerly: The Middle Sage, Phenomenal Sire

Postby Hermit_Sage » Mon May 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Siege: Secret Warriors.

I liked it. It was great to the God of Fear in action as a God. it almost makes me wanna pick up this title just to see the ramifications of this and wtf Fury will say when he finds out.

Bang.

That was pure pleasure right there. I had never planned to get any of these Siege tie ins but glad for this.

Story - 8
Art - 7
overall - 7.5

Postby ****** » Mon May 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Welcome back, Sire. 8)

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Tue May 04, 2010 4:18 am

Siege Secret Warriors

I'm a huge Secret Warriors fan, I recently reread all the first 14 issues, and it's a great story full on twists, turns and awesome characterisation. Unfortunately this one shot focusses on Phobos really, and whilst it was aweseome seeing him kick ass, it just seemed a bit mundane compared to other action in this book.

The art also wasn't up to it's normal standard.

6 out of 10

Postby ****** » Tue May 04, 2010 8:41 am

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue May 04, 2010 9:07 am

So one of the things I've grown to hate about event comics is the amount of shit it rolls up on shores. I would call this that shit. I've been reading siege but no other marvel titles and this issues is indicative of what happens to pointless tie ins. Why did this need a one shot and not in the main title? I just have zero understanding of this issue and it's purpose. I felt the same way about [spoiler]Ares Death[/spoiler] so I'm supposed to feel differently about the need for vengeance of his son? The story was mildy accessible for a new reader and the writing was decent enough but there were still moments that had me wondering what the fuck I was reading? Nick Fury taking a scotch break was one of them. In the heat of battle you just take a break to have a few belts before pushing on? That one moment ruined a perfectly mediocre comic and turned it into a shitty one. Maybe Nicks developed a drinking problem over in Secret Warriors but the moment had no purpose in the issue other than to make Nick Fury act like a Will Ferrel character.

The art was alright, nothing special...for a ancillary one shot.

doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 81 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue May 04, 2010 9:35 am

guitarsmashley wrote:So one of the things I've grown to hate about event comics is the amount of shit it rolls up on shores. I would call this that shit. I've been reading siege but no other marvel titles and this issues is indicative of what happens to pointless tie ins. Why did this need a one shot and not in the main title? I just have zero understanding of this issue and it's purpose. I felt the same way about [spoiler]Ares Death[/spoiler] so I'm supposed to feel differently about the need for vengeance of his son? The story was mildy accessible for a new reader and the writing was decent enough but there were still moments that had me wondering what the fuck I was reading? Nick Fury taking a scotch break was one of them. In the heat of battle you just take a break to have a few belts before pushing on? That one moment ruined a perfectly mediocre comic and turned it into a shitty one. Maybe Nicks developed a drinking problem over in Secret Warriors but the moment had no purpose in the issue other than to make Nick Fury act like a Will Ferrel character.

The art was alright, nothing special...for a ancillary one shot.

the short answer is it got a one shot, because the main title was not dealing with this stuff.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue May 04, 2010 11:56 am

thefourthman wrote:the short answer is it got a one shot, because the main title was not dealing with this stuff.

C'mon, there's no room in the 4 issues to deal with Nick Fury's alcoholism?

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue May 04, 2010 12:21 pm

I had no idea Old Man was Alan Coil, now it sucks a little more. I'm going to miss that grumpy bastard.

- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue May 04, 2010 2:38 pm

6.53 is about right for this issue methinks.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue May 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Punchy wrote:6.53 is about right for this issue methinks.

In a week where the reviews for FF 578 were overwhelmingly bad, with similar reactions to the issue from various reviewers, this is not good.

I'd say SHIELD #2 had better be a home run.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue May 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:In a week where the reviews for FF 578 were overwhelmingly bad, with similar reactions to the issue from various reviewers, this is not good.

I'd say SHIELD #2 had better be a home run.

Wait, has the Hickman backlash started already? Man, that was fast.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand