Advertisement

Call for Reviews: I, Zombie #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun May 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Sure he reads them. He'll probably be your new best friend,* with his Claremont hating ways. :P

*much to the chagrin of amlah and fourthy.

I'm forever indebted and grateful to Mr Claremont for, among other things, Uncanny X-Men 96-200 and for him being a genuine and affable person at conventions the couple times I met him briefly as Anonymous Fan #207,356. Also, he gave you a great interview, much better than you deserve. :P

[spoiler]Just kidding, you deserve it as much as anyone and probably more.[/spoiler]

Advertisement

Postby ****** » Sun May 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:To be honest the rule has never been tested like this before.

:cough:Jude:cough:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun May 09, 2010 10:29 pm

amlah6 wrote::cough:Jude:cough:

Did you see my passive aggressive thinly-veiled gibes to him in my review? I am like the Super-Skrull, implanted with the powers of my foes. But I could tell it hurt, maybe he will quit the review group.

[spoiler]Just kidding, he is a drama-vampwhore and the review group threads provide just enough nourishing pointless conflict to keep him alive in his spidery hole for another week.[/spoiler]

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby doombug » Sun May 09, 2010 10:33 pm

I'm doing my best not to create more drama but I want to badly say something. :lol:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun May 09, 2010 10:34 pm

doombug wrote:I'm doing my best not to create more drama but I want to badly say something. :lol:

Uh oh!

I can take it.

Unless it's in cartoon form. :cry:

[spoiler]I don't have any real drama here though, I was just joking around.[/spoiler]

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Sun May 09, 2010 10:47 pm

john lewis hawk wrote:Neither of the local shops had it.

sold out or stupid?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun May 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:izombie #1

Still sad about Old Man being bugled off to Jesus, but it was great to see how many people around the world will remember him. I also took it as a reminder that the words you say to someone might be more important than you think at the time, because you never know when someone may come down with a fatal case of mowing the grass, or something equally dire and unexpected. R.I.P. Alan Coil

So, that izombie, eh? Is it a contrivance of kewl thematic material (zombies, hawt vampires gone wild, rhubarb pie) crassly assembled to appeal to an "indie" comics reader, or is it a promising debut for a new Vertigo series by fan-favorite Mike Allred and less well-known (to comics fans) writer Chris Roberson?

Hard to say how the book will hold up if it goes in the direction of the crime-solving mystery like it seems to be, but I think Chris Roberson doesn't deserve the "hipster douchebag" sort of invective that gets thrown around all too often by insecure comics readers, and a lot of craft and hard work went into making the book look so damn good.

This is the writer of among other things, Cinderella: From Fabletown with Love and he and his wife run Monkeybrain Press, specializing in genre fiction and nonfiction genre studies. This isn't some guy who racked up a bunch of student loans for a useless liberal arts degree and then slacked upwards--and for those detractors, one in particular, he also wrote X-Men: The Return for Pocket Books in 2007. He is a well-respected science fiction author whose work has been nominated for many awards, and we are lucky to have him working in comics today.

So kudos to Vertigo for getting such a talent on a monthly book--hell, two talents counting Mike Allred! I don't know if the book is for me or not in the long term, but I'll give the creators the benefit of not pretentiously declaring it a fraud after one issue.

so Roberson is established huh? cool, this I did not know... anything in particular that I should read by him? I would especially be interested in anything that is as fun as this or Cinderella!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun May 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Thanks!

:-)

speaking of that, any chance I can get something that good on Other Lives? :p

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sun May 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Uh oh!

I can take it.

Unless it's in cartoon form. :cry:

[spoiler]I don't have any real drama here though, I was just joking around.[/spoiler]

It's something related to Jude but once again I can never really tell when he's fucking around or not. :lol:

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sun May 09, 2010 10:53 pm

what else has the writer done?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 50 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun May 09, 2010 10:53 pm

doombug wrote:It's something related to Jude but once again I can never really tell when he's fucking around or not. :lol:

<-----100% Serious 100% of the time.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun May 09, 2010 10:54 pm

thefourthman wrote:speaking of that, any chance I can get something that good on Other Lives? :p

Ok, I will make another attempt to navigate the template tomorrow. I'll try to pretend it's an eBay listing.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun May 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Did you see my passive aggressive thinly-veiled gibes to him in my review? I am like the Super-Skrull, implanted with the powers of my foes. But I could tell it hurt, maybe he will quit the review group.

[spoiler]Just kidding, he is a drama-vampwhore and the review group threads provide just enough nourishing pointless conflict to keep him alive in his spidery hole for another week.[/spoiler]

spidery holes sound promising for my stchick.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun May 09, 2010 10:57 pm

[quote="Jude Terror"]<-----100% Serious 100% of the time.[/quote
see that's why doomie is confused, jackass or is cuntfag?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun May 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Ok, I will make another attempt to navigate the template tomorrow. I'll try to pretend it's an eBay listing.

feel free to just type it up and email it to me, i will gladly format it for you.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand