Wednesday, June 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Call for Reviews: Prince of Power #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Potter Who

penile prisoner

Postby Potter Who » Fri May 14, 2010 10:12 am

Yeah, the plan (at least before the first issue came out) was for the mini to lead into an ongoing. Which characters that ongoing would feature was left up in the air though.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri May 14, 2010 1:08 pm

I have already scheduled an early review of Avengers... I will plug the group at the beginning and end of my review.

Postby ****** » Fri May 14, 2010 1:11 pm

thefourthman wrote:I have already scheduled an early review of Avengers... I will plug the group at the beginning and end of my review.

Feel free to plagiarize the early review that I posted in the writers forum. 8)

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Fri May 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Not going to the LCS this week. I'm waiting for next week. Till then.

Potter Who

penile prisoner

Postby Potter Who » Fri May 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Loved it. Great intro to the mini.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Fri May 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Prince of Power #1 of 4

I'll start with what I really liked and thought was actually cool and funny about this book. Cho's memo at the very end. THAT was the best part of this book.

The rest of it was about as middle of the road as anything I've read lately. Not really good, but not really bad either. Perhaps if I knew the character more (though this probably is a good starting point) or maybe if I ever really liked the character of Hercules, I'd have liked this more. The beginning totally bored me, but when I finally got to Cho it got a lot better. When Hercules does come back though I hope Cho is allowed to turn 18 so the two of them can consumate what is obviously a bit more than a "platonic" relationship.

LOVED the art! LOVED the coloring and inking!

Story: 5
Art: 9
My Score: 7.65

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Fri May 14, 2010 9:52 pm

starlord wrote:Prince of Power #1 of 4

I'll start with what I really liked and thought was actually cool and funny about this book. Cho's memo at the very end. THAT was the best part of this book.

The rest of it was about as middle of the road as anything I've read lately. Not really good, but not really bad either. Perhaps if I knew the character more (though this probably is a good starting point) or maybe if I ever really liked the character of Hercules, I'd have liked this more. The beginning totally bored me, but when I finally got to Cho it got a lot better. When Hercules does come back though I hope Cho is allowed to turn 18 so the two of them can consumate what is obviously a bit more than a "platonic" relationship.

LOVED the art! LOVED the coloring and inking!

Story: 5
Art: 9
My Score: 7.65

you should poke your head in the graphic novel thread :)

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri May 14, 2010 10:00 pm

thefourthman wrote:you should poke your head in the graphic novel thread :)

ew

Daringd

Review Grouper

Postby Daringd » Fri May 14, 2010 10:54 pm

I have been extremely busy! Also my store didn't get any copies in of this book.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Fri May 14, 2010 11:04 pm

thefourthman wrote:you should poke your head in the graphic novel thread :)

will I get it chopped off? :(

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri May 14, 2010 11:27 pm

starlord wrote:will I get it chopped off? :(

Nah.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat May 15, 2010 5:21 am

I thought this was very average, the tone was what I expected out of the Hercules book, but it was all very wishy washy, and it's never a good sign half way through when you can't even be bothered to finish it.

Those "little boxes" get fricking annoying as well.

Art was good.

6 out of 10.

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Sat May 15, 2010 8:26 am

The little boxes are a Pak thing from Amazing Fantasy #15, not FVL.

I liked it, review later, I'm back (again) bitches.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat May 15, 2010 9:25 am

King Impulse wrote:The little boxes are a Pak thing from Amazing Fantasy #15, not FVL.

I liked it, review later, I'm back (again) bitches.

maybe so.
Here's the thing though, in a short story they aren't annoying. It is also something that FVL employs in Action Philosophers and Comic Book comics. So it is hard to tell who it was. Although with the general decrease in quality of Pak's writing since he started working with Loeb, maybe you are right.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat May 15, 2010 9:52 am

starlord wrote:When Hercules does come back though I hope Cho is allowed to turn 18 so the two of them can consumate what is obviously a bit more than a "platonic" relationship.

Cho is not Herc's eromenos!

leave a comment with facebook