Advertisement

Call for Reviews: Prince of Power #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Starlord » Mon May 17, 2010 7:44 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:and why the fuck would anyone want to?

The word Butte for some odd reason reminds me of these two bottoms that I had a threesome with back in college.

I don't know why that word makes me think of that memory but it does.

Hmm... I'll be right back...

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Advertisement

Postby ****** » Mon May 17, 2010 7:56 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Montana is really known for it's happening places.

There aren't any ferris wheels in shopping malls, that's for sure.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon May 17, 2010 8:18 pm

starlord wrote:The word Butte for some odd reason reminds me of these two bottoms that I had a threesome with back in college.

I don't know why that word makes me think of that memory but it does.

Hmm... I'll be right back...

and that's how you gay up a thread about an underage superhero.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Mon May 17, 2010 8:29 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:and that's how you gay up a thread about an underage superhero.

I'm really confused now. Should I be taking a bow or slink away in the darkness? :?

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon May 17, 2010 8:51 pm

amlah6 wrote:There aren't any ferris wheels in shopping malls, that's for sure.

Maybe the writer still dreams of Butte Gardens

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon May 17, 2010 9:00 pm

starlord wrote:I'm really confused now. Should I be taking a bow or slink away in the darkness? :?

Both.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

Postby ****** » Mon May 17, 2010 10:36 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Maybe the writer still dreams of Butte Gardens

Every garden plan needs a toxic waste site. (Berkeley Pit) :-D

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Mon May 17, 2010 11:29 pm

PRINCE OF POWER #1 (of 4)

I have loved Incredible Hercules and as much as I like Cho, Herc was the draw for me. I am not saying I dislike Amadeus I just like him better with Hercules, together they are a very fun team. That being said I thought this was a fun set up, I like seeing Banner alongside Cho and the last page has me looking forward to issue 2. I am not sure I like seeing Cho using so much brawn, I always liked that he used his brain and I love the pink thought thingys that Pak came up with. I don't think Cho is a strong enough character to carry a book so I am really hoping we have Herc back by the end of this mini because that is when I think both characters are at their best. I loved the art, I loved when Reilly Brown stepped in on a few issues of Incredible Hercules and I hope they keep him aboard when they start whatever new ongoing that comes from this.

STORY 7.5

ART - 8.5

OVERALL - 8

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue May 18, 2010 8:12 am

amlah6 wrote:Every garden plan needs a toxic waste site. (Berkeley Pit) :-D

Obstructionist! You'd have a great view of the pit from the ferris wheel! It's people like you who keep Butte from being a hot vacation spot for the whole family. And by hot I mean possibly radioactive.

Postby ****** » Tue May 18, 2010 8:55 am

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Tue May 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Aw shit, I wanted to beat the front page post

Well, PRINCE OF POWER 1 of 4

I found this book to be incredibly average. Hercules is dead and Cho is in charge of the olympus corporation or whatever. I didn't read Herc's book before, because I can't stand Pak's writing. FVL is good, but Pak? No.

The book's light tone instead of the dark and serious stuff I usually like is a fresh change of pace. That doesn't mean its a fun book for me though. I found its humor and jokes weren't very good or just not for me. I hardly laughed while reading this.

The purple boxes were a neat idea, but then they were used way too much. I actually like the mythology background. Greek myths have always been cool to me, and the Marvel pantheon is a neat idea, but used better in Secret Warriors. For every good thing I found in this book, I found a bad thing to counteract it.

I did like the art. Reily Brown will always be a personal favorite of mine dating back to his Cable and Deadpool book days. (That book was better than any Deadpool related thing out right now) It's just a solid style that you can't really hate on.

Story 5
Art 7

Overall 6

Kerny
Review Grouper

Postby Kerny » Tue May 18, 2010 12:34 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:unless something is amazing that week sirens it will be. It's become my favorite monthly. It's just a lot fun.

Are you reading Streets of Gotham too? What are your thoughts on that one?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue May 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Pak has been stinking it up as of late, but I hesitate to say he is a bad writer, because Planet Hulk was awesome.

Kerny
Review Grouper

Postby Kerny » Tue May 18, 2010 12:45 pm

thefourthman wrote:Pak has been stinking it up as of late, but I hesitate to say he is a bad writer, because Planet Hulk was awesome.

I have never read it.

World War Hulk was meh.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue May 18, 2010 12:49 pm

Kerny wrote:Are you reading Streets of Gotham too? What are your thoughts on that one?

I am and this last story started really well and ended with a thud for me. I need to reread it. My biggest problem with the Dini books are the unannounced fill ins. This is especially frustrating since I pre-order my books and sometimes this info is not in the solicit info. I skipped the first fill in with man bat though I've heard that was actually good and I just didn't read the mike huddleton issues but still own them because the info was bad. I think The Zsasz arc suffered and I need to reread it but Nyugen has been one of my favorite artists since Wild Cats 3.0 so he almost always makes the book readable for me.

- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand