Thursday, May 26, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Call for Reviews: Avengers#1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 19, 2010 10:09 am

Greg wrote:Lee, any specific good things happen with Azari?

who the hell is Azari?

Postby ****** » Wed May 19, 2010 10:12 am

thefourthman wrote:who the hell is Azari?

The black Next Avenger of course. :P

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 19, 2010 10:21 am

amlah6 wrote:The black Next Avenger of course. :P

WHAT? they are on one page, nothing serious happens with any of them... Doc Brown needs them handled quickly though.

LobsterJ

Expert Post Whore

Postby LobsterJ » Wed May 19, 2010 10:25 am

writing: 0
art: 10

grade:5

(i didn't read this teehee)

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed May 19, 2010 10:41 am

I will wait to see a full list of books before making my choice. Though Gotham City Sirens a very good book, I read #11 last night and it would have scored low since it involved puppy eating.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 19, 2010 10:44 am

guitarsmashley wrote:I will wait to see a full list of books before making my choice. Though Gotham City Sirens a very good book, I read #11 last night and it would have scored low since it involved puppy eating.

is it a new arc? I am reading trades and I don't know what back issues we have available.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed May 19, 2010 11:11 am

guitarsmashley wrote:I will wait to see a full list of books before making my choice. Though Gotham City Sirens a very good book, I read #11 last night and it would have scored low since it involved puppy eating.

I'm really hoping you DO pick that one. One of my top 5 favorite DC titles at the moment. Be warned though, it won't get a high score from this crowd. :roll:

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Wed May 19, 2010 11:29 am

thefourthman wrote:For the record: Books that I think are fun:

Muppets
Chew
Proof
The Goon
Deadpool Team-up

and that's about it.
Goon's the bees' knees.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed May 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Greg wrote:The lack of Voodoo is disheartening, I agree. :(

he's been confirmed for at least the first arc of new avengers greg.

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Wed May 19, 2010 12:11 pm

I picked this up today, so I'll give you another guest review when I get the chance. :)

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Wed May 19, 2010 12:15 pm

starlord wrote:I'm really hoping you DO pick that one. One of my top 5 favorite DC titles at the moment. Be warned though, it won't get a high score from this crowd. :roll:

Fact.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 19, 2010 12:22 pm

starlord wrote:I'm really hoping you DO pick that one. One of my top 5 favorite DC titles at the moment. Be warned though, it won't get a high score from this crowd. :roll:

Because we have good taste.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed May 19, 2010 12:38 pm

thefourthman wrote:For the record: Books that I think are fun:

Muppets
Chew
Proof
The Goon
Deadpool Team-up

and that's about it.

Don't read those (but love the Muppets TV show). I thought Pet Avengers was really fun.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed May 19, 2010 12:46 pm

thefourthman wrote:is it a new arc? I am reading trades and I don't know what back issues we have available.

Issue 12 according to the solicits shows it as a one off, but the way issue 11 ended there is an unresolved plot point.

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Wed May 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Although I dropped the series early on, it was not for lack of quality (needed room on the pull list). It sounds like a solid pick to me.

leave a comment with facebook