Monday, May 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

7/2 -- What Chappy read on his lunch break -- le Spoils!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:18 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks Morrison would be better if he had someone to crazy down his ideas. His plots are clever, his dialogue and pacing ain't to me.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:26 pm

Twigglet wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks Morrison would be better if he had someone to crazy down his ideas. His plots are clever, his dialogue and pacing ain't to me.

I think that's why 52 worked so well. He's great at ideas, but sometimes he needs someone to make them more coherent and slow him down.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:There. I just saved you an assload of keystrokes, you Faulkner wannabe. :P

no, the additional keystrokes are necessary, b/c it WOULD be a perfectly enjoyable story if morrison worried more about telling the story than he did about weirding it up.

and dammit. you got me with the Faulkner rip. F U. :x ;-)

Daniel

Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:44 pm

Vic Mackey wrote:Image

i get morrison wants to use obscure parts of batman continuity but is it really necessary to just throw us in the deep and relying on the internet to get an idea of whats going on?

I've actually read this story before. It's collected in the "Batman in the 50s" trade.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:19 pm

chap22 wrote:no, the additional keystrokes are necessary, b/c it WOULD be a perfectly enjoyable story if morrison worried more about telling the story than he did about weirding it up.

couldn't agree with you more. Morrison throws too much garbage into a brilliant story. I guess that's why I can never get a grip on if I like his stuff or not.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:57 am

chap22 wrote:no, the additional keystrokes are necessary, b/c it WOULD be a perfectly enjoyable story if morrison worried more about telling the story than he did about weirding it up.

and dammit. you got me with the Faulkner rip. F U. :x ;-)

That's my problem with Morrison. It seems he likes to make it weird just for the sake of making it weird.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:20 pm

You should make this a weekly thing, chap.

"Lunchtime Reviews"

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:20 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:You should make this a weekly thing, chap.

"Lunchtime Reviews"

what do you think i've been doing? :P ;-)

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:25 pm

chap22 wrote:what do you think i've been doing? :P ;-)

Then dammit, where's today's column?!?! :evil: I can't get to an LCS this week and I'm not seeing any reviews anywhere. Did the holidays push back the comic day?

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:29 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:Then dammit, where's today's column?!?! :evil: I can't get to an LCS this week and I'm not seeing any reviews anywhere. Did the holidays push back the comic day?

yup. this week's stuff ships 7/10. dammit. :evil:

leave a comment with facebook