Wednesday, June 29, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "ISIS approved!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Call for Reviews: Avengers#1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 19, 2010 7:09 pm

If I knew how to use photoshop, I'd make a picture of the Red Skull breastfeeding a baby. Somehow I think that would be worse.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 19, 2010 7:11 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:If I knew how to use photoshop, I'd make a picture of the Red Skull breastfeeding a baby. Somehow I think that would be worse.

I would photoshop my face onto the Red Skull's, and Benderbrau's onto the baby.

But I'm too lazy, and I don't know what BB looks like.

Postby ****** » Wed May 19, 2010 7:11 pm

Punchy wrote:I will win this time!

You just changed! You lost again. :smt011

If I don't post again tonight, it's because I've been killed by a tornado. Adios amigos!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm

amlah6 wrote:You just changed! You lost again. :smt011

If I don't post again tonight, it's because I've been killed by a tornado. Adios amigos!

It's what you deserve!

(I'm going to feel terrible about that if you do die, so hopefully you don't)

The_Phenomenal_Sage

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby The_Phenomenal_Sage » Wed May 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Avengers #1

It's soo good to be back.... First I love that spidey is just an avenger, he really is at this point. Anyways I loved the opening, seeing the Next Avengers made me mark out so much. This issue is my son's "issue" (When my kids are born I get a comic when they are born to be the first in their future collection, my daughters was the recent Wonder Woman #1) and I have no problem this being the comic that starts it all for him. The story had it all. The Next Avengers and their ominous future is interesting. I don't trust Kang at all, and know it will be your typical Avengers vs. Next Avengers before we get the Next Avengers teaming up with their parents, (Is Black Panther the missing avenger?)

The setting up of the team and the meet up at Avengers tower was a bit hockey and I enjoyed it, especially thor's I don't know who you are.

art wise I have always had a problem with JR. I liked WWH and grew to sorta enjoy it for that , but here I just plain don't like it and I am already hoping they change artists at 12 issues (if not sooner please) but he is still talented and i was able to enjoy the issue for whats it worth.

Story - 8
art - 5
+.5
overall - 7

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed May 19, 2010 7:19 pm

THE AVENGERS #1
What a fun book. I loved the tone, the cast, and the art. I also really like what Marvel is doing with Steve Rogers, it seems like a natural progression for him to have this role especially with Bucky back (and being the new Cap). I see a lot of complaints about Spider-Man and Wolverine being on the roster but I understand why they are, how could Marvel not have their 2 most popular characters on their flagship book? I am fine with it, I have more of an issue with Spider-Woman being on the squad... I am not sure what she offers and I think Ms. Marvel would have been a better fit... minor quibbles aside, I really enjoyed this, from the Next Avengers being featured, all the Marvel characters reacting to Captain Rogers pitch, to the reveal at the end... I think Bendis knocked this one out of the park and I am really looking forward to issue 2.

STORY - 9.5

ART - 9

OVERALL - 9.25

Postby ****** » Wed May 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Punchy wrote:It's what you deserve!

(I'm going to feel terrible about that if you do die, so hopefully you don't)

It turned East, you're stuck with me. :twisted:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 19, 2010 7:26 pm

amlah6 wrote:It turned East, you're stuck with me. :twisted:

Lame!

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 19, 2010 7:38 pm

It's weird, but...there's a lot of Red Skull-themed baby clothes on the internet...

Red Skull baby booties:

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed May 19, 2010 8:42 pm

I just read it. Let me get the ant acids and I'll do my review.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed May 19, 2010 8:44 pm

Punchy wrote:Because we have good taste.

Oh, are you still hanging around here? I'd though you'd have found a girlfriend by now. :P

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed May 19, 2010 10:15 pm

GLX wrote:I suggest Mystery Society #1 by Steve Niles and Fiona Staples (concept developed by Ashley Wood and Steve Niles).

definitely not going to happen.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed May 19, 2010 11:12 pm

starlord wrote:I just read it. Let me get the ant acids and I'll do my review.

Since it is a Marvel book, -8 to start with starlord. :roll:

:P

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed May 19, 2010 11:33 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:definitely not going to happen.

:smt011

MrWadeWilsonHimself

dINGO

Postby MrWadeWilsonHimself » Thu May 20, 2010 1:00 am

The future children were cool.. like to see where this is heading now that theres a future hulk involved, tho i hope its somehow skarr using his dads name.

story 8.0
art 8.5

leave a comment with facebook