Wednesday, May 4, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Manufacturing outrage since 2006."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


7/10 - What are you buying?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:24 pm

JSA #17
Guardians of the Galaxy #3
Invincible Iron Man #3
Nova #15
Secret Invasion #4

I have a question for those of you who get Criminal via trade, why? It's actually one of the few comics, the other one I can think of off hand being Casanova, that getting the singles gives you a huge incentive over purchasing the trades. The back matter, particularly the essays, are always fantastic.

Just curious.
User avatar

KingPagla

WTF is this rank?

Postby KingPagla » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:09 pm

twoheads wrote:JSA #17
Guardians of the Galaxy #3
Invincible Iron Man #3
Nova #15
Secret Invasion #4

I have a question for those of you who get Criminal via trade, why? It's actually one of the few comics, the other one I can think of off hand being Casanova, that getting the singles gives you a huge incentive over purchasing the trades. The back matter, particularly the essays, are always fantastic.

Just curious.
Um.... because I didn't know about any "back matter". ?
Now you've ruined everything.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:24 pm

MechaKingPagla wrote:Um.... because I didn't know about any "back matter". ?
Now you've ruined everything.


Ah. Well. Yeah, guests write essays about their favorite noir films, and they range from Patton Oswalt to the Seattle Times Film critic to one of the VP's at Sony. Plus there's a page written by Brubaker that acts kind of like a smaller version of Fraction's 'liner notes' from Casanova.

Don't feel too bad, it's not like Criminal sucks or something.
User avatar

KingPagla

WTF is this rank?

Postby KingPagla » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:32 pm

twoheads wrote:Ah. Well. Yeah, guests write essays about their favorite noir films, and they range from Patton Oswalt to the Seattle Times Film critic to one of the VP's at Sony. Plus there's a page written by Brubaker that acts kind of like a smaller version of Fraction's 'liner notes' from Casanova.

Don't feel too bad, it's not like Criminal sucks or something.
Still haven't read the first two volumes. :oops:
Buying it solely based on how much I enjoyed Sleeper.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:42 pm

BATMAN AND SON TP
BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL #19
DETECTIVE COMICS #846
AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #22
ANNIHILATION CONQUEST HC BOOK 02
CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI 13 #3
MS MARVEL TP VOL 04 MONSTER SMASH
RUNAWAYS PREM HC DEAD END KIDS
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:21 pm

DC

Booster Gold #1,000,000
Justice Society of America #17

Marvel

Guardians of the Galaxy #3
Nova #15
Powers #29
Secret Invasion #4
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:52 pm

ACTION COMICS 867
BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL 19
BOOSTER GOLD 1000000
DETECTIVE COMICS 846
FINAL CRISIS REQUIEM 1
JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA 17
TRINITY 6
WONDER WOMAN 22

AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL 22
SECRET INVASION 4
User avatar

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:48 pm

Guys, you need to be buying Dead, She Said. Berni Wrightson is doing art for this crime/horror book. Great fun, beautifully disturbing illustrations.

It's about a guy who's dead, but still conscious, and has to solve his own murder before his corpse rots too much for him to move.

Check it out!
User avatar

Severed Djed

Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:43 am

Indies

BPRD The Warning #1 (of 5)
Black Coat 48-page Special

DC Comics

Action Comics #867
Booster Gold #1000000
Detective Comics #846
Final Crisis Requiem #1
Justice Society Of America #17
Trinity #6
User avatar

C20Percent

rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:10 am

- Action Comics #867
- Booster Gold #1000000 (My last Booster Gold)
- Detective Comics #846
- Final Crisis Requiem #1
- Joker Asylum: The Penguin
- Justice Society of American #17
- Trinity #6
- Wonder Woman #22

- Guardians of the Galaxy #3
- Invincible Iron Man #3
- Secret Invasion #4
- Ultimate Origins #2
- Young X-Men #4

- Drafted #9
- Hack/Slash #13

Big week for DC -- Johns, Dini, Rucka, Aaron, and Simone carrying the company this week.

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:27 am

Indiana Jones And The Tomb Of The Gods #1

Action Comics #867
Booster Gold Vol 2 #1000000

Captain Britain And MI 13 #3 (Secret Invasion Tie-In)
Invincible Iron Man #3
Iron Man Legacy Of Doom #4
Secret Invasion #4 Regular Gabriele Dell Otto Cover
Captain America White #0 Regular Tim Sale Cover
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:11 pm

Hey i just want to confirm this.....because of the 4th of July comics are pushed back by one day this week, right?
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:46 pm

Vic Mackey wrote:Hey i just want to confirm this.....because of the 4th of July comics are pushed back by one day this week, right?


Yes.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests