Advertisement

Batman Begins

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Deux

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Deux » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:14 am

jsalwen wrote:It's like Matrix Reloaded. It's really not a bad film, despite the mud rave. The set-ups in this film were good, but the payoff simply blew.

I really enjoy TMR. In fact, I think its a damn rewatchable movie. Not by any means as impactful as the original, but its still good. The Wachizaki Sibs made the mistake of answering the questions they'd provoked with the first film, which will inevitably get you nothing but a divisive audience.

Advertisement

Deux

Postby Deux » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:16 am

I forgot to post what I think about BB:

I hate Batman the comic book character. But I really liked Batman Begins. Especially the first act. I didn't find the third act to be all that thrilling, but on the whole, I think I've watched it about 8 times.

kingofcities
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingofcities » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:12 am

chap22 wrote:oh please...he IS ashamed of the source material

Don't be ridiculous. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sorry, had to do that. :-D

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby AaronW » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:31 am

It was obvious that Heath Ledger was ashamed of the source material based on his reply when they asked him if he had checked out any of the comics, but he seems to have still done a great job based on trailers.

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Re: Batman Begins

Postby toolverine » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:39 am

jsalwen wrote:I know Scarecrow isn't much of a fighter, but he still went out in a lame way.

It wasn't a big deal, I just thought it could have been done better.

It's a lot better than another lame vanilla fight. They did something similar in Spiderman 3. Not every fight has to be a slugfest, people will get bored.

Baskerville Holmes
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Baskerville Holmes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:43 am

toolverine wrote:It's a lot better than another lame vanilla fight. They did something similar in Spiderman 3. Not every fight has to be a slugfest, people will get bored.

Yeah I mean, with Batman inoculated against the fear gas, what else could Scarecrow possibly do to him? If they had fought, it would have lasted all of 3 seconds.
[img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7824/340x.gif[/img]

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:54 am

TheScantronman wrote:Yeah I mean, with Batman inoculated against the fear gas, what else could Scarecrow possibly do to him? If they had fought, it would have lasted all of 3 seconds.

If you want to see Mr BaTmAn beaAt uP peepl reel gooDz, play MK vs DC. :roll:

Deux

Postby Deux » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:59 am

toolverine wrote:If you want to see Mr BaTmAn beaAt uP peepl reel gooDz, play MK vs DC. :roll:

I want to see Batman surfing WebMD.

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:24 am

toolverine wrote:If you want to see Mr BaTmAn beaAt uP peepl reel gooDz, play MK vs DC. :roll:

I'm in a video game?

Crump
Hater

Postby Crump » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:36 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:I actually think it makes sense for him to try and disguise his voice when in costume. If he talked in his normal voice there's a chance, however small, that someone might recognize it and make the connection. It's not as good as the animated version, but since Bruce isn't a trained actor or anything you'd expect the voice to be a bit over the top in trying to sound intimidating.

I imagine the Batman Voice would have to be disguised somewhat, especially when talking to Gordon. It's not The Batman Voice that I find silly, it's Bale's Batman Voice that I find silly.
Goat

Baskerville Holmes
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Baskerville Holmes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:00 pm

Crump wrote:I imagine the Batman Voice would have to be disguised somewhat, especially when talking to Gordon. It's not The Batman Voice that I find silly, it's Bale's Batman Voice that I find silly.

The growling was a bit much, but from the previews for TDK he seems to have toned it down a bit.

However, it always irked me that in the final season of Batman TAS Bruce ALWAYS used the Batman voice, even when he wasn't Batman.
[img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7824/340x.gif[/img]

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby The Juan Percenter » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:29 pm

My favorite scene in Batman Begins in the Flass interrogation in the rain -

"I swear to God"

"SWEAR TO ME!!!"

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum