Sunday, July 24, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Exclusive! Exclusive! Hggulghhlgghhlghhlghh!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Call for Reviews: Gotham City Sirens #12

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 26, 2010 6:02 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:What were the others?


War of the Supermen (Krypto gets stabbed by Zod because he's in the neighborhood)
Green Lantern (Dex-Star the Rage Cat gets shot at by thugs at point blank range and is later kicked by Hal Jordan)
Second Coming: Blind Science (Dr. Nemesis makes a X-Gene cat to serve as bait against Sentinel things. Next panel: cat running for life as Sentinel things attack)

Mind you, there were only two animals actually hurt (Krypto and the nun's cat), but I still thought it was bizarre. Not terrible. But bizarre timing.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 26, 2010 6:03 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Scalped #38 feels totally betrayed by you.


Everyone would have skipped it anyway.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 26, 2010 6:04 pm

BlueStreak wrote:War of the Supermen (Krypto gets stabbed by Zod because he's in the neighborhood)
Green Lantern (Dex-Star the Rage Cat gets shot at by thugs at point blank range and is later kicked by Hal Jordan)
Second Coming: Blind Science (Dr. Nemesis makes a X-Gene cat to serve as bait against Sentinel things. Next panel: cat running for life as Sentinel things attack)

Mind you, there were only two animals actually hurt (Krypto and the nun's cat), but I still thought it was bizarre. Not terrible. But bizarre timing.


I hope Krypto's ok.
User avatar

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Wed May 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Everyone would have skipped it anyway.

Why?
User avatar

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed May 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:I hope Krypto's ok.


Superman seemed to brush it off. (Walk it off, Krypto! You'll be okay) So I'm sure he is.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Why?


I'll be honest, it drives me crazy but most people reading it in trades wouldn't even click on the thread. It keeps a lot of really good books from being Review Group picks. :(
User avatar

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Wed May 26, 2010 6:15 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:I'll be honest, it drives me crazy but most people reading it in trades wouldn't even click on the thread. It keeps a lot of really good books from being Review Group picks. :(

It's a one shot, though. Normally, I wouldn't suggest Scalped for the very reason you mention. But Aaron's one shots on this book have been great standalone stories that do enhance the larger narrative, but are written well enough that readers don't need any background knowledge about the title to enjoy what's going on.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Eli Katz wrote:It's a one shot, though. Normally, I wouldn't suggest Scalped for the very reason you mention. But Aaron's one shots on this book have been great standalone stories that do enhance the larger narrative, but are written well enough that readers don't need any background knowledge about the title to enjoy what's going on.


Trust me, I've gone down that road before. :|

It's why books like Hellboy aren't picked, or any of the related one shots.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed May 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Scalped #38 feels totally betrayed by you.


Too many of the group read it in trade. And we just did a vertigo book.
User avatar

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Wed May 26, 2010 6:19 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Trust me, I've gone down that road before. :|

It's why books like Hellboy aren't picked, or any of the related one shots.

:cry:
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 26, 2010 6:22 pm

Eli Katz wrote::cry:


guitarsmashley wrote:
Eli Katz wrote:Scalped #38 feels totally betrayed by you.


Too many of the group read it in trade.


See Eli? I know. It eliminates a lot of really excellent books even when there's a perfect jump-on spot for new readers. You can pick what you want, Amlah6 won't read it, fourthy won't even click on the thread, etc. And the other half won't buy it if it isn't Marvel or DC.

So even books like Air or Unknown Soldier can't get the little bit of extra exposure. :(

In fact, the thought of it has me so irked I'm going to have to subtract more points from Gotham City Sirens for being so unnecessary.

******

Postby ****** » Wed May 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Trust me, I've gone down that road before. :|

It's why books like Hellboy aren't picked, or any of the related one shots.


We did The Corpse Bride a couple of months ago. :?
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed May 26, 2010 6:45 pm

amlah6 wrote:We did The Corpse Bride a couple of months ago. :?


Oh yeah, that was when Lee had a fit about the trade thing though, wasn't it?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed May 26, 2010 7:10 pm

I'd be one of the Scalped skippers, because I read it in trade.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed May 26, 2010 9:35 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:She's not?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

how the hell was I supposed to know what that was? looks like a bank tube.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], IvCNuB4, McMonkey Nut, Sighphi and 157 guests