Advertisement

Swedish Wiretapping law - Backlash

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:05 pm

Spiderrob wrote:Not really actually.

But it wouldn't be hard for someone truly evil to get 21% of the vote.

and again, almost 80% might not like them and they could still win. They could be 1st choice for 21 % and last choice for 79% and they are president.

70% of the people don't like the president we have now either :lol:

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Advertisement

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:06 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Well technically, we do, and we had more before the big two settled on Obama and Mccain.

There's the Constitution Party, and the Green Party, and the Libertarian Party off the top of my head, there may be more. They aren't taken seriously by the general public, and the media mostly ignores them. And you have people like Ron Paul who's only a Republican because he knows that's the only way he can get noticed at all.

And look at the Republicans... the vast majority of them didn't seem to like McCain at all, yet he's the one who gets the nomination. As for Obama, the media hasn't taken him to task on anything substantial at all.

The other parties you listed don't receive the same funding the Dems and Repubs do. They're not on equal footing and not as viable because of it.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:08 pm

Spiderrob wrote:Well you'd have to do away with the electoral college.

But say its popular vote.

Would you be comfortable with someone being elected with 21% of the vote-meaning 79% didnt want them to be president?

and do you think its easier for a terrible extremist with fanatical followers to win 21%?

The electoral college needs to go. It was necessary in our country's early days so that Virginia didn't always decide the election.

I don't have a solution. I just know I get tired of voting with the attitude of a lesser of two evils.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:09 pm

DeadFett wrote:The other parties you listed don't receive the same funding the Dems and Repubs do. They're not on equal footing and not as viable because of it.

But they are out there. I almost hope whoever wins this time is such a massive disaster that the next election has people going for an alternative, but viable, candidate.

Spidey-Man

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby Spidey-Man » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:11 pm

DeadFett wrote:The electoral college needs to go. It was necessary in our country's early days so that Virginia didn't always decide the election.

I don't have a solution. I just know I get tired of voting with the attitude of a lesser of two evils.

I'm not opposed to scrapping it

But I doubt the small states would approve scrapping it.

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:12 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:But they are out there. I almost hope whoever wins this time is such a massive disaster that the next election has people going for an alternative, but viable, candidate.

I suspect, but don't know, the next presidency is going to be a true disaster.

I hope not.

I feel a one termer coming on. but i don't know. So many things will happen that we cant predict now.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Spiderrob wrote:I suspect, but don't know, the next presidency is going to be a true disaster.

I hope not.

I feel a one termer coming on. but i don't know. So many things will happen that we cant predict now.

Whoever wins this is inheriting a LOT of huge issues. I can't really imagine either of these candidates lasting longer than one term, even though a lot of it may not be their fault.

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:27 pm

Spiderrob wrote:I suspect, but don't know, the next presidency is going to be a true disaster.

I hope not.

I agree.

I think the next President will try so hard to try to distance themselves from Bush and try to "fix" the problems he made that it will just blow up in his face.

Either that or they get JFK'd early on.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum