Advertisement

Call for Reviews: Avengers#1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 227 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Punchy wrote:Not been revealed, I'd expect Iron Man.

you too.

And that I very much doubt... a. from this very issue and b. most definitely from Avengers Prime
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Advertisement

Potter Who
penile prisoner

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Potter Who » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:22 pm

It looks like SHIELD Director Rogers will at least be on the team for this first arc. It's not like he can say "well, Kangs taking you guys to the future to battle your children? See ya and good luck!" I guess by the end, he'll sorta give someone a nod to take it from there.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 245 posts

Postby doombug » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:28 pm

thefourthman wrote:shut up youngin' Don't contradict me. RESPECT YOUR ELDERS! Sharon seemed to be field leader in Secret, dammit.

Really? The woman not in space with the rest of the team is the field order? the one who steve's tells to take care of things while thy are away? That's one hell of a field leader. :lol:

I think it will be Clint or Bucky personally.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 227 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:31 pm

she was close to site and leading the team through comms. seems like the leader to me. no idea what they do if comms go down.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:43 am

Got a chance to read this. The art wasn't as bad as folks were making it out to be. The combo of Romita Jr, Janson, and White worked out well. Bendis' writing is in typical form (hate it or love it). Not really intrigued by all of the time travel drama, but that's just me. The oral history of the Avengers just felt like throwaway material. Might be worth $3, but definitely not $4 material.

7.6* out of 10*

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand