Advertisement

Call for Reviews - Red Hood: The Lost Days #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby ****** » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:25 am

thefourthman wrote:Hipster.


You're just jealous that never in my life have I referred to myself as a "Batfanatic".

Advertisement

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26526
Likes: 34 posts
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:28 am

amlah6 wrote:You're just jealous that never in my life have I referred to myself as a "Batfanatic".

You're just jealous that I am fine with my station in life.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby ****** » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:32 am

thefourthman wrote:You're just jealous that I am fine with my station in life.


Being a 'Batfanatic' is a station in life? :shock:

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26526
Likes: 34 posts
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:33 am

amlah6 wrote:Being a 'Batfanatic' is a station in life? :shock:

I meant that I'm not a self loathing comic fan, hipster douche.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby ****** » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:40 am

thefourthman wrote:I meant that I'm not a self loathing comic fan, hipster douche.


So much anger! I'm not so sure you're as secure in your Batfanaticism as you claim.

Kerny
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 5253
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:24 pm
Title: All-American American


Postby Kerny » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:44 am

I may pick this up as I am a Under the Hood apologist and a general fan of Winick on Batman

Ooh,my pick next week

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26526
Likes: 34 posts
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:45 am

Kerny wrote:I may pick this up as I am a Under the Hood apologist and a general fan of Winick on Batman

Ooh,my pick next week

you will like it then and should pick it up.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby ****** » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:49 am

Kerny wrote:Ooh,my pick next week


:cough:buzzard:cough:

Kerny
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 5253
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:24 pm
Title: All-American American


Postby Kerny » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:51 am

amlah6 wrote::cough:buzzard:cough:


Is a list for next week's stuff out anywhere?

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby ****** » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:56 am

Kerny wrote:Is a list for next week's stuff out anywhere?


Not until tomorrow afternoon, but the preliminary Diamond list can be seen here:

http://www.diamondcomics.com/shipping/u ... leases.txt

Kerny
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 5253
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:24 pm
Title: All-American American


Postby Kerny » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:10 am

These are the things that jump out at me

NEMESIS #2 (OF 4)- Did we do the first issue? I don't think we did, but it seems like we did for some reason

BUZZARD #1 (OF 3)- Hmm.

BATMAN #700- The price probably keeps me from this one. That and these anniverary issues usually suck

CHEW #11- One of my favorite books and starting a new arc...

SHIELD #2- But we did issue one

GLX
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 38718
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 50 posts
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:40 pm
Title: Leader of The Society


Postby GLX » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:12 am

Kerny wrote:These are the things that jump out at me

BATMAN #700- The price probably keeps me from this one. That and these anniverary issues usually suck


Written by GRANT MORRISON • Art by TONY DANIEL, ANDY KUBERT, FRANK QUITELY, DAVID FINCH & RICHARD FRIEND • Cover by DAVID FINCH • 1:25 "DC 75th Anniversary" variant cover by MIKE MIGNOLA 1:75 "DC 75th Anniversary" variant black and white cover by MIKE MIGNOLA

Grant Morrison returns to BATMAN with this oversized special! And he's brought an all-star roster of artists along with him including Andy Kubert, Tony Daniel and Frank Quitely to celebrate this milestone 700th issue featuring stories spotlighting each of the Batmen from different eras – Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne. You won't want to miss this blockbuster story that paves the way for the return of Bruce Wayne and sports mind-boggling covers by superstars David Finch (BRIGHTEST DAY) and Mike Mignola (BATMAN: GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT, Hellboy)!
Image

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34370
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 43 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:13 am

We didn't do Nemesis.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26526
Likes: 34 posts
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:20 am

GLX wrote:Written by GRANT MORRISON • Art by TONY DANIEL, ANDY KUBERT, FRANK QUITELY, DAVID FINCH & RICHARD FRIEND • Cover by DAVID FINCH • 1:25 "DC 75th Anniversary" variant cover by MIKE MIGNOLA 1:75 "DC 75th Anniversary" variant black and white cover by MIKE MIGNOLA

Grant Morrison returns to BATMAN with this oversized special! And he's brought an all-star roster of artists along with him including Andy Kubert, Tony Daniel and Frank Quitely to celebrate this milestone 700th issue featuring stories spotlighting each of the Batmen from different eras – Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne. You won't want to miss this blockbuster story that paves the way for the return of Bruce Wayne and sports mind-boggling covers by superstars David Finch (BRIGHTEST DAY) and Mike Mignola (BATMAN: GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT, Hellboy)!

GOOD GOD THAT SOUNDS AWESOME

However, I think we should do SHIELD (Followups are cool) or Buzzard.

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9207
Likes: 12 posts
Liked in: 53 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Postby Zero » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:26 am

I'll be grabbing SHIELD, Batman and Chew from that list so have at it. If it's Nemesis I won't be playing because I really can't afford to throw £3 down the toilet.

In other news, I enjoyed the first half of Under the Hood, but didn't get the second when it turned out his return was due to stupid. Any in-story reason at all would have been better than that.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 162 guests

Advertisement