Advertisement

Call for Reviews - Red Hood: The Lost Days #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:34 pm

Hey, Lee, after reading your review, I'm now interested in reading Under the Hood.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:37 pm

So...this is a recap of a previous "fill in the blanks" issue in the Batman Annual?! :?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:So...this is a recap of a previous "fill in the blanks" issue in the Batman Annual?! :?

yep. with more blanks filled in. If the rest of the mini works that way I will be sorely disappointed.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Hey, Lee, after reading your review, I'm now interested in reading Under the Hood.

my work is done then.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:47 pm

thefourthman wrote:yep. with more blanks filled in. If the rest of the mini works that way I will be sorely disappointed.

After reading the preview pages the night before it came out, I pretty much wrote the issue in my head anyway so when I read it it was almost like deja vu as it was.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:48 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:After reading the preview pages the night before it came out, I pretty much wrote the issue in my head anyway so when I read it it was almost like deja vu as it was.

I'm confused... are you Judd Winick and you keep forgetting that you wrote this issue?

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:49 pm

thefourthman wrote:my work is done then.

Then quit milking the timeclock! :x

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:52 pm

thefourthman wrote:I'm confused... are you Judd Winick and you keep forgetting that you wrote this issue?

Judd Winick's Groundhog Day?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:52 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Then quit milking the timeclock! :x

fuck that shit... I went into work today when we were closed. Who has time to milk the clock?

People kept calling and trying to complain that no one was answering at the other two stores. :lol:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:Judd Winick's Groundhog Day?

that would be awesome. It would be like that issue of Adventure I read the other day, I swear I have read that comic twenty times and it just came out!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 pm

thefourthman wrote:fuck that shit... I went into work today when we were closed. Who has time to milk the clock?

People kept calling and trying to complain that no one was answering at the other two stores. :lol:

You get up before dawn and feed those mules and milk that damn clock like I tole you to! :x

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 362 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:43 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Hey, Lee, after reading your review, I'm now interested in reading Under the Hood.

It's no mystery but it's a pretty good story. And the Black Mask is awesome in it.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Kerny
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:01 am

So I go to my LCS on Friday, and I see a guy who I've never seen working there before. I say I'm here to pick up my books and he goes into the file cabinet and pulls out one book, Punisher 17. I tell him I'm pretty certain I get more than one book this week and he says "well, IDK I've been in San Juan Puerto Rico all week and I am filling in for the other people, as they are out of town." (HeroesCon if I had to guess) He then told me that it's possible the holiday screwed up, which could be true, but how did I get Punisher and at best, they'd be like a day late,and today was Friday. I didn't press the issue though, as this guy looked dumb, and really wanted to get back to the back room where there was some hardcore D & D matches going on or some shizz

I'll get this next week and review it.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 291 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:44 am

Kerny wrote:So I go to my LCS on Friday, and I see a guy who I've never seen working there before. I say I'm here to pick up my books and he goes into the file cabinet and pulls out one book, Punisher 17. I tell him I'm pretty certain I get more than one book this week and he says "well, IDK I've been in San Juan Puerto Rico all week and I am filling in for the other people, as they are out of town." (HeroesCon if I had to guess) He then told me that it's possible the holiday screwed up, which could be true, but how did I get Punisher and at best, they'd be like a day late,and today was Friday. I didn't press the issue though, as this guy looked dumb, and really wanted to get back to the back room where there was some hardcore D & D matches going on or some shizz

I'll get this next week and review it.
PRESS THE ISSUE, YOU FUCKIN' SISSY!!

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 99 posts

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:04 am

Red Hood: The Lost Days #1

I am torn on this comic. While it was interesting to see more of Talia's point-of-view in the telling of the tale, we have already read this exact same story in Batman Annual #25. I see no reason to waste an entire issue of a miniseries retelling a story that we have already heard. Talia's motivations for helping Jason were not worth the price of admission. That said, this is a good opening issue for the uninitiated. I am curious to see what, if any, role Talia will play in the remaining issues, given her central role in the opening of the story.

The art was very clean and well done, with good attention to detail. The coloring seemed a little to "digital" for lack of a better word, but I would not mind seeing this art team on some other books. Pablo Raimondi's pencils are certainly attractive.

I might check out issue #2 in the shop just to see if Judd Winick does anything interesting with the story, but this first issue was not worth it for me. If you have read Batman Annual #25, there is absolutely no reason to buy this. If you have not read it, this issue is a good starting point for learning the history of the Red Hood.

Story: 7 (3 if you have read Batman Annual #25)

Art: 7.5

Overall: 7 (5 if you have read Batman Annual #25)

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand