Thursday, August 25, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "At least we're not CBR!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Is Klitschko the most boring champ ever?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:33 am

Seriously I can't think of a more boring champ. He kills me. He's never had an entertaining fight. He never fights anyone that's exciting as a matchup in any way. He won tonight with a knockout that was boring as hell. He's just a big boring nobody. The guy he was fighting had almost no experience, and yet he lasted 10 rounds and seemed like he could have gone more had he wanted to. I can't stand this guy and the Heavyweight division is dead right now. There's no one exciting in the division that I can see turning things around. It's sad. The heavyweight title used to be one of the most important things in sports, but now I just don't care about it at all.

Sorry for the rant.
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:35 am

And he got the FUCK kicked outta him the last fight I saw him in....
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:36 am

Lord Simian wrote:And he got the FUCK kicked outta him the last fight I saw him in....


He did, but that fight (against Draganov or something like that) was still boring as hell.

Also you might be thinking of Vitali the older bro who retired. He got his ass kicked really really bad last time.
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:46 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:He did, but that fight (against Draganov or something like that) was still boring as hell.

Also you might be thinking of Vitali the older bro who retired. He got his ass kicked really really bad last time.


No, I think it was Gabriel Gonzaga I'm thinking of who kicked his ass....
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:52 am

Lord Simian wrote:No, I think it was Gabriel Gonzaga I'm thinking of who kicked his ass....


Are you talking about Randy Coture?

Klitschko is a boxer not the UFC guy you are thinking of. :P
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:25 am

Stuff like this is why MMA will eventually overtake boxing, if it hasn't already.
User avatar

Allen

Staff Writer

Postby Allen » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Sad to say, but boxing is dying right now. Too many titles given to too many mediocre fighters, too many scandals, no interesting personalities (especially in the heavyweight division).

It's really hard to get excited about the sport right now in the slightest.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:37 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Stuff like this is why MMA will eventually overtake boxing, if it hasn't already.


The only thing holding MMA back is the stigma from the early days. Fighters like Ortiz and Forest Griffin have more personality than boxing's heavyweight divisions combined.
User avatar

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:03 pm

Allen wrote:Sad to say, but boxing is dying right now. Too many titles given to too many mediocre fighters, too many scandals, no interesting personalities (especially in the heavyweight division).

It's really hard to get excited about the sport right now in the slightest.


There are some great fighters in the lower weight classes, but they aren't catching on like they did in the 80's. It really does feel like boxing is being phased out in favor of MMA. I think there should be room for both, but it doesn't seem that way.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: COBRA Command, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Flamebird, GiveWarAChance, Glacier16, Google [Bot], Grayson_Wayne_72, hanson724, MSNbot Media, oogy, Punchy, Supersoldier Washout, TheLurker and 53 guests