Advertisement

Is Klitschko the most boring champ ever?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Is Klitschko the most boring champ ever?

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:33 am

Seriously I can't think of a more boring champ. He kills me. He's never had an entertaining fight. He never fights anyone that's exciting as a matchup in any way. He won tonight with a knockout that was boring as hell. He's just a big boring nobody. The guy he was fighting had almost no experience, and yet he lasted 10 rounds and seemed like he could have gone more had he wanted to. I can't stand this guy and the Heavyweight division is dead right now. There's no one exciting in the division that I can see turning things around. It's sad. The heavyweight title used to be one of the most important things in sports, but now I just don't care about it at all.

Sorry for the rant.

Advertisement

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 360 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:35 am

And he got the FUCK kicked outta him the last fight I saw him in....

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:36 am

Lord Simian wrote:And he got the FUCK kicked outta him the last fight I saw him in....

He did, but that fight (against Draganov or something like that) was still boring as hell.

Also you might be thinking of Vitali the older bro who retired. He got his ass kicked really really bad last time.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 360 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:46 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:He did, but that fight (against Draganov or something like that) was still boring as hell.

Also you might be thinking of Vitali the older bro who retired. He got his ass kicked really really bad last time.

No, I think it was Gabriel Gonzaga I'm thinking of who kicked his ass....

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:52 am

Lord Simian wrote:No, I think it was Gabriel Gonzaga I'm thinking of who kicked his ass....

Are you talking about Randy Coture?

Klitschko is a boxer not the UFC guy you are thinking of. :P

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:25 am

Stuff like this is why MMA will eventually overtake boxing, if it hasn't already.

Allen
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Two-Time Avatar Hall of Famer

Postby Allen » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Sad to say, but boxing is dying right now. Too many titles given to too many mediocre fighters, too many scandals, no interesting personalities (especially in the heavyweight division).

It's really hard to get excited about the sport right now in the slightest.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 214 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:37 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Stuff like this is why MMA will eventually overtake boxing, if it hasn't already.

The only thing holding MMA back is the stigma from the early days. Fighters like Ortiz and Forest Griffin have more personality than boxing's heavyweight divisions combined.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:03 pm

Allen wrote:Sad to say, but boxing is dying right now. Too many titles given to too many mediocre fighters, too many scandals, no interesting personalities (especially in the heavyweight division).

It's really hard to get excited about the sport right now in the slightest.

There are some great fighters in the lower weight classes, but they aren't catching on like they did in the 80's. It really does feel like boxing is being phased out in favor of MMA. I think there should be room for both, but it doesn't seem that way.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum