Advertisement

I don't get Amy Whinehouse.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Dooz

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Dooz » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:24 am

nietoperz wrote:This is it exactly. She's a phenomenal singer, but she has destroyed herself now. To have emphesyma at such an early age is sad, and kind of ensures that her voice will never again be what it was.

I DLed her album before she "got big" her in the US, then saw her on some HDTV show (which rocked!)...but then she had an interview and it didnt even sound like she was speaking English at times...whats the Brit word for "white trash"?

Still, solid album, and yeah, she used to be cute.

Advertisement

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 194 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:29 am

Kid Doozer wrote:I DLed her album before she "got big" her in the US, then saw her on some HDTV show (which rocked!)...but then she had an interview and it didnt even sound like she was speaking English at times...whats the Brit word for "white trash"?

A Chav. She's the Queen of the Chavs

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:50 am

Amy Winehouse is a good singer and a very funky song writer, but obviously she's a total nightmare as a person. It's not all that surprising or unusal. Many, many talented people are morons, especially in their personal lives.

Faulkner, Hemingway, Steinbeck, Fitzgerald, Kerouac, Burroughs, Jim Thompson, Woolrich, Chandler, Hammett -- these guys were all talented writers, the best of the best, and they all either hurt their creative output or ended it completely because of booze.

But writers are solitary artists, out of the public eye for the most part, but drunk or coked-up singers are celebrities whose antics are news worthy and enjoyed by the public. That's why, I think, fucked-up singers die so much faster than fucked-up athors. Just look at the casualty list: Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Brian Jones, Elvis, Keith Moon, John Bonham, Syd Vicious, Kurt Cobain, Ol' Dirty Bastard, and so on.

If Winehouse is able to clean herself up, she might have one more good album in her -- one that records her struggles to get clean. But if she continues smoking crack and boozing wildly, she'll be dead in a couple of years and her record company will be releasing another compilation of her live and B-side tracks.

It's sad either way. You can't inflict that level of abuse on to your body and brain and come out of it as talented and as creative as before. With the black ugly hair and the pale, tatooed body, the woman looks corpse-like already. She gives off the same kind of vibe as the junkies you see on the street -- they're dead already, they just haven't fallen over yet.

blah
rubber spoon

Liked in: 1 post

Postby blah » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:37 pm

She's a brilliant singer; I love her voice and think she has a lot of talent.

Comparing Amy Winehouse to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton is stupid; those two are useless, while she can actually sing and entertain.
It's a shame what she's doing to her life, but what can you do?

I hope she does the theme song for the next Bond movie, and the producers pick it, that would automatically be mind-blowing.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:43 pm

hulk432 wrote:S
Comparing Amy Winehouse to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton is stupid; those two are useless, while she can actually sing and entertain.

All three are trainwrecks.

blah
rubber spoon

Postby blah » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:58 pm

DaReekstah wrote:All three are trainwrecks.

I'm comparing their singing abilities, not their personal lives. And Paris and Britney ARE useless, regardless of how healthy they are. An Amy Winehouse with Down Syndrome can outperform them.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:02 pm

hulk432 wrote:I'm comparing their singing abilities, not their personal lives. And Paris and Britney ARE useless, regardless of how healthy they are. An Amy Winehouse with Down Syndrome can outperform them.

I was comparing their personal lives when originally comparing them.. :wink:

blah
rubber spoon

Postby blah » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:08 pm

DaReekstah wrote:I was comparing their personal lives when originally comparing them.. :wink:

That's because you suck. :wink:

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:09 pm

hulk432 wrote:That's because you suck. :wink:

NO, YOU SUCK!

:cry:

blah
rubber spoon

Postby blah » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:16 pm

DaReekstah wrote:NO, YOU SUCK!

:cry:

I'm sorry. :cry:

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 60 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:00 pm

Overheard on the tube:

"I can't wait til The Sun publishes pics of her sucking dick in the street for smack".

Oh I'm so back.

daitong
penile prisoner

Liked in: 0 post

Postby daitong » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:08 pm

Zero wrote:Overheard on the tube:

"I can't wait til The Sun publishes pics of her sucking dick in the street for smack".

Oh I'm so back.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum