Advertisement

7/10 -- Chappy's Blue Plate Specials! Le SPOILERS...

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:41 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:I agree with most of this, at least of the books I read, but I just wanted to point out that I thought Hawkman was being critical of the JLA not the JSA.

i think he was being critical of the JSA's size, and then shooting down JLA membership too (mostly due to Roy's presence -- i like Hawkman more every day :-D ) when Kendra mentioned they want him back.

but maybe i read it wrong...
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Advertisement

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:30 am

chap22 wrote:i think he was being critical of the JSA's size, and then shooting down JLA membership too (mostly due to Roy's presence -- i like Hawkman more every day :-D ) when Kendra mentioned they want him back.

That's how I read it too.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:59 am

chap22 wrote:i think he was being critical of the JSA's size, and then shooting down JLA membership too (mostly due to Roy's presence -- i like Hawkman more every day :-D ) when Kendra mentioned they want him back.

Maybe I just forgot the line making fun of the giant roster of the JSA.

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:41 pm

chap22 wrote:Chappy's reviews, Round Deux!

Secret Invasion 4 -- not as bad as the spoilers i saw made it sound, but still nowhere near living up to the potential i saw in issue 1; and i still HATE Yu's artwork; dropping it...my LCS will have the last 4 issues in the dollar box by Christmas, i may finish it out then; bored by it

JSA 17 -- certainly worlds better than it was just 6 months ago, but i'm still feeling like something's missing; the scenes of JSAers given their gifts from Gog was cool, and i loved Haekman pointing out that the team's so big it's tripping over each other, but i still can't love it b/c it's not as good as it SHOULD be; liked it

Action 867 -- maybe my favorite issue of Johns's run so far; Kara finally seemed likable, the scenes at the farm were great (but i'm gonna be SO pissed when Pa dies soon, b/c you know it's coming), and i actually like the idea that Clark's never met the REAL Brainiac; loved it

Wonder Woman 22 -- and you people wonder why i have a comic-crush on Donna Troy...when the hell did Lopresti get this good and where was i while it happened? i liked this much better than the previous two issues, and this story finlly grabbed me; Gail's rocking along; liked it

'Tec 846 -- i think i hate Hush more every time i see him; and i still don't care for Nguyen's art either; only good thing was new villain Dr. Aesop, and he got kakked; didn't like it

Batman Confidential 19 -- Maguire + Nicieza + Babs = can't miss; loved it

Did Hush appear?

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:42 pm

So it wasn't good then? I'm still getting the whole Hush arc

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:42 pm

Mr. Batman wrote:Did Hush appear?

Yeah. The issue is mainly a recap of his origin, which was good for me since I don't know anything about the guy.

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:57 pm

I'm pretty excited to see Dini's take on Hush.

It can't be worse than A.J. Lieberman. :evil:

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Mr. Batman wrote:So it wasn't good then? I'm still getting the whole Hush arc

It was pretty good. I'm not sure how it ties into RIP, though, in a meaningful way.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:12 pm

Eli Katz wrote:It was pretty good. I'm not sure how it ties into RIP, though, in a meaningful way.

It seemed like a case of barely connecting, but putting it on there to boost sales. Hush said he's doing a big plan since the group from RIP is planning to kill Batman and he wants to do it first. Maybe it ties in more later, but it seemed like it's not really connected.

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:22 pm

JL_Amato wrote:I'm pretty excited to see Dini's take on Hush.

It can't be worse than A.J. Lieberman. :evil:

Quoted for the truth

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:31 pm

Mr. Batman wrote:So it wasn't good then? I'm still getting the whole Hush arc

i didn't like it. but then again, as i said, i don't like Nguyen's art and i don't like the character of Hush, so take that into account.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:35 pm

chap22 wrote:i didn't like it. but then again, as i said, i don't like Nguyen's art and i don't like the character of Hush, so take that into account.

Hm. I liked the Hush story line (The original) alot, so I'm hoping this is better than the last one they made. That one sucked

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:33 pm

chap22 wrote:i didn't like it. but then again, as i said, i don't like Nguyen's art and i don't like the character of Hush, so take that into account.

Nguyen's style is a little off-putting for me, but I still like it ok. As to Hush, I feel it was a little too much recap. But ti still has potential to be an ok arc. But I wasn't blown away.

Sorta meh.

And no, I don't think this is really going to have anything to do with RIP.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand