Advertisement

Tell No One

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Royal Nonesuch
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post

Tell No One

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:14 am

I just got back from seeing the film Tell No One, a French film adaptation of a Harlan Coben novel. I gotta say, I totally loved it. It's a great daylight murder mystery that has a ton of plot twists and turns, and yet minimal plot holes (actually, my buddy and I really couldn't find any). The story is about a doctor, Alexandre Beck whose wife Margot is murdered, and he himself is also attacked at the same time. Eight years later, the cops are starting to find evidence that Alexandre killed his wife, while Alexandre himself has come across evidence that Margot might still be alive! What follows is a very elaborate criminal conspiracy (or two, or three) that really suck you in. It's incredibly involving, and usually pretty surprising, though everything that happens really makes sense in the context of the narrative. I highly recommend this movie!

On a side note, leave it to the French to make things look real. There's an intense chase scene halfway through the film (which would probably be the climax of most other films), which includes a multiple car crash. What's remarkable is that it actually felt like a real car crash...no overwrought explosions, no pieces of cars flying around, nobody crashing through windshields, just a harsh crash. Shortly after that, the lead character is running, but then slips and falls, and when he falls, he lands really hard and injures his arm. I must say, I actually FELT him hit the ground. It wasn't a stuntman fall, it actually looked like a guy walking in front of you in the street falling hard. Really great stuff all around.
The witness said Mr Brown then called out to Ms Hay's adult daughter: "Look at this, I'm tittie-f***ing your mother!".

Jude Terror 12:19 AM
I put my dick in one of the bagels once.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum