Advertisement

Review Group Week 227 - NEW NEW AVENGERS #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 205 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:02 am

John Snow wrote:Netflix is more racist than an OH pol thread, obv.

So, you named yourself "John Snow" in protest? Does your white power ring tell you that is the way to go about this?

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:03 am

thefourthman wrote:By the way, this week's book was the first of the Avengers titles that I don't outright love from the outset.

The preview wasn't much of a grabber either.

I may have to call up my LCS and have them read it to me over the phone, there's not much to bring me into the shop this week.

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:04 am

thefourthman wrote:So, you named yourself "John Snow" in protest? Does your white power ring tell you that is the way to go about this?

What the frak are you on about? My new imaginary interweb surname has nothing to do with the heinous policies of Netflix streaming.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:06 am

Spicy Dick wrote:The preview wasn't much of a grabber either.

I may have to call up my LCS and have them read it to me over the phone, there's not much to bring me into the shop this week.

I'm so disenchanted with this week's pick, I may never set foot in a comic shop again.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:09 am

John Snow wrote:What the frak are you on about? My new imaginary interweb surname has nothing to do with the heinous policies of Netflix streaming.

I asked about the name, you said what, I said what is going on, you started rambling about 227, it would be easy to see where one might think they are connected.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:10 am

John Snow wrote:I'm so disenchanted with this week's pick, I may never set foot in a comic shop again.

sadist.masochist.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:11 am

thefourthman wrote:I asked about the name, you said what, I said what is going on, you started rambling about 227, it would be easy to see where one might think they are connected.

Why the fuck would 227 be connected to anything other than the fact this is fucking Review Group Week 227?! It's right there in the gorram thread title!

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:12 am

thefourthman wrote:sadist.masochist.

I'm for serious. I was going to quit the RG in the OP if I didn't find that youtube video to post.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:14 am

John Snow wrote:Why the fuck would 227 be connected to anything other than the fact this is fucking Review Group Week 227?! It's right there in the gorram thread title!

you fucking numerologists. some of us don't really pay that much attention and I was asking about your fucking name change you fat fuck!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:15 am

John Snow wrote:I'm for serious. I was going to quit the RG in the OP if I didn't find that youtube video to post.

that would have sucked. :cry:

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:29 am

thefourthman wrote:you fucking numerologists. some of us don't really pay that much attention and I was asking about your fucking name change you fat fuck!

Bitch, you could have at least asked nicely. :roll:

I would have changed my username a while ago, but some douchebagalow has cybersquatted "John" as a username. Since I couldn't make the obvious and easy change and since using my full name on the forums like I do on the front page would be boring, I've been contemplating several other options. As I am currently enthralled with George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, I liked the idea of using the name of one of my favorite characters from the books, Jon Snow, as my new username. Since my IRL name is John, I made the username John Snow so that it would be a hybrid of my real name and the character's name. I had been thinking about making the change for a week or two, but when I saw Spicy's new user status this morning I took it as a sign and made the switch.

Happy now?

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:34 am

thefourthman wrote:that would have sucked. :cry:

Would have been awesome for me though. :p

Sire's record for weeks as tyrant was 62. This is week 67 for me and when you factor in the front page stuff it's more like week 134 so it's something I've been thinking about.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:35 am

sort of...

Spicy what's up with the user status?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:35 am

John Snow wrote:Would have been awesome for me though. :p

Sire's record for weeks as tyrant was 62. This is week 67 for me and when you factor in the front page stuff it's more like week 134 so it's something I've been thinking about.

who would take over though?

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:38 am

thefourthman wrote:sort of...

Spicy what's up with the user status?

It's probably because I've barely posted at OH for the past two weeks.

This place just can't provide the high quality NCAAF realignment talk that I crave like OHG can.

Plus, I'm on a virtual vaycay from comics at the mo.
Last edited by ****** on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand