Advertisement

Review Group Week 227 - NEW NEW AVENGERS #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:35 pm

thefourthman wrote:BlueStreak: all them words and not one mention of Luke's Sonic Clap! :x

Luke has the clap? :shock:

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 238 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Jude will love it, he needs to write his and start up with the defending and shit. :x
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:39 pm

thefourthman wrote:BlueStreak: all them words and not one mention of Luke's Sonic Clap! :x

That little moment got lost in my "WHAT THE FUCKING HELL, BENDIS, DO YOU NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORDS SORCERER SUPREME! SUPREME MEANS BEST, NOT GETS BEAT BY ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO SPEAK BENDIS MAGICRY GIBBERISH!! GODFUCKING DAMNIT!!!" rant that I had immediately after reading it.

Interesting side note, it's nice to see that Luke Cage thunder claps a powerless white chick across the room and no one bats an eye. Yay, progress!

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:40 pm

Dr Stranger wrote:Your dad is awesome!

He is indeed. Dr. Strange remains my favorite character ever.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:40 pm

BlueStreak wrote:That little moment got lost in my "WHAT THE FUCKING HELL, BENDIS, DO YOU NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORDS SORCERER SUPREME! SUPREME MEANS BEST, NOT GETS BEAT BY ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO SPEAK BENDIS MAGICRY GIBBERISH!! GODFUCKING DAMNIT!!!" rant that I had immediately after reading it.

Interesting side note, it's nice to see that Luke Cage thunder claps a powerless white chick across the room and no one bats an eye. Yay, progress!

If you meant the people in the room, they all hate that bitch so no they wouldn't, if you mean fandom, I am more wondering where in the hell he got that power from!
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:41 pm

thefourthman wrote:If you meant the people in the room, they all hate that bitch so no they wouldn't, if you mean fandom, I am more wondering where in the hell he got that power from!

Luke got the clap from Jessica, obviously.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1149 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:41 pm

thefourthman wrote:Jude will love it, he needs to write his and start up with the defending and shit. :x

I won't have it until Friday, but I'll open with this:

Anyone who hates The Great One's Avengers does so simply because its the cool thing to do. You're all just as bad as the pre-teen girls who go crazy over boy bands. It's the same thing, but in reverse. Same motivations. You're all pathetic.
Last edited by S.F. Jude Terror on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:43 pm

thefourthman wrote:If you meant the people in the room, they all hate that bitch so no they wouldn't, if you mean fandom, I am more wondering where in the hell he got that power from!

I meant more from fandom. Obviously, the New Avengers could care less about punking one of Ozzy's nutjobs.

And Luke Cage didn't have that power back in the 70's because the public couldn't handle it.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:44 pm

Jude Terror wrote:I won't have it until Friday, but I'll open with this:

Anyone who hates Bendis's Avengers does so simply because its the cool thing to do. You're all just as bad as the pre-teen girls who go crazy over boy bands. It's the same thing, but in reverse. Same motivations. You're all pathetic.

I like New Avengers, I like Dark Avengers. I really liked the first issue of Avengers. I did not like this book, even a little. It was like Bendis wrote a book that is full of all the crap people normally accuse him of.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:45 pm

BlueStreak wrote:That little moment got lost in my "WHAT THE FUCKING HELL, BENDIS, DO YOU NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORDS SORCERER SUPREME! SUPREME MEANS BEST, NOT GETS BEAT BY ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO SPEAK BENDIS MAGICRY GIBBERISH!! GODFUCKING DAMNIT!!!" rant that I had immediately after reading it.

If he had thrown a baby out the window, people would be rioting now. Hypocrite poseurs.

/Punchy'd

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:46 pm

thefourthman wrote:I like New Avengers, I like Dark Avengers. I really liked the first issue of Avengers. I did not like this book, even a little. It was like Bendis wrote a book that is full of all the crap people normally accuse him of.

Avengers was full of all that crap too, but JRjr made it okay.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:46 pm

thefourthman wrote:I like New Avengers, I like Dark Avengers. I really liked the first issue of Avengers. I did not like this book, even a little. It was like Bendis wrote a book that is full of all the crap people normally accuse him of.

Yeah, I'm not a Bendis basher at all. I really can't think of a ton of stuff that I dislike of Bendis' stuff.

I'm usually a fan, but this was mediocre at best.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:47 pm

You mean awesomeness? If you don't like this, you're a hipster douche. Go read Asteroid Tulip in your France Pants.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:48 pm

Jude Terror wrote:If he had thrown a baby out the window, people would be rioting now. Hypocrite poseurs.

/Punchy'd

I'm a big believer of no violence in comic books.

It's why I like Bendis. Five issues of talking heads, four two page spreads of fighting, resolution.

8)

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:51 pm

John Snow wrote:Avengers was full of all that crap too, but JRjr made it okay.

obviously, you have not read this one yet. Seriously, it is really bad. EVERYone sounds like Spider-Man (even Doctor Strange)
[spoiler]Luke is ready to start Civil War again with Steve on Iron Man's side, but to shut him the fuck up, Tony sells him Avengers Mansion (yes inexplicably the tower becomes a mansion again between two mother fucking panels) for a dollar, then Steve blind sides him with Hand as a handler after saying it would be hands off.[/spoiler]
It defies logic.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand