Advertisement

Review Group Week 227 - NEW NEW AVENGERS #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16228
Likes: 263 posts
Liked in: 355 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Spicy Dick wrote:They're pretty much least qualified to handle anything except thunder clapping stuff.


fixed.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

Advertisement

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13247
Likes: 456 posts
Liked in: 144 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Postby doombug » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:18 pm

Yoni I meant to say that while Jude can sometimes be performance posting and flat out crazy, it's obvious he loves comics. I still say anyone that gives x-men forever a 10 is a bit nutty, I still say you can tell when someone loves the industry like Jude does.

You gave this a passing grade yourself didn't you?
Image

Image

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16228
Likes: 263 posts
Liked in: 355 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:01 am

doombug wrote:Yoni I meant to say that while Jude can sometimes be performance posting and flat out crazy, it's obvious he loves comics. I still say anyone that gives x-men forever a 10 is a bit nutty, I still say you can tell when someone loves the industry like Jude does.

You gave this a passing grade yourself didn't you?


Nope I gave it a 2. The art was not enough for me to forgive a bad story.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

doombug
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 13247
Likes: 456 posts
Liked in: 144 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Holden, Ma


Postby doombug » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:54 am

guitarsmashley wrote:Nope I gave it a 2. The art was not enough for me to forgive a bad story.


In the books defense, it should have kept the old numbering.

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16228
Likes: 263 posts
Liked in: 355 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:31 am

doombug wrote:In the books defense, it should have kept the old numbering.


There really was no reason to start a new #1 other than Marvel wanting 3 #1 books to sell in June.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:03 am

yeah, the renumbering is pretty annoying.
I hate when you're selling a comic and there're too many needless volumes of #1s. I really don't think with the Avengers franchise a new volume is necessary everytime the line-up changes.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34453
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:28 am

I actually really enjoyed this issue, sure there's no real reason for this book to exist, but it was a really good time, and the art was beautiful as usual.

Review tomorrow, I'm watching New Zealand-Italy at the moment.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:00 am

Punchy wrote:I actually really enjoyed this issue, sure there's no real reason for this book to exist, but it was a really good time, and the art was beautiful as usual.

Review tomorrow, I'm watching New Zealand-Italy at the moment.


One problem is it closely follows Avengers #1 and Secret Avengers #1 which were both much better books.

It really draws attention to how not great New Avengers #1 is.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34453
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:06 pm

Tapir Man wrote:One problem is it closely follows Avengers #1 and Secret Avengers #1 which were both much better books.

It really draws attention to how not great New Avengers #1 is.


It wasn't as good as those books, but that doesn't mean it was bad by any means. I've enjoyed all 4 Avengers #1s so far.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:55 pm

Punchy wrote:It wasn't as good as those books, but that doesn't mean it was bad by any means. I've enjoyed all 4 Avengers #1s so far.


Well, following on the heels of the other 3, it feels like the unnecessary book as a result of not being a strong opener (to me). Not everyone is going to buy 4+ Avengers books each month, we're gonna pick and choose.

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16228
Likes: 263 posts
Liked in: 355 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Tapir Man wrote:Well, following on the heels of the other 3, it feels like the unnecessary book as a result of not being a strong opener (to me). Not everyone is going to buy 4+ Avengers books each month, we're gonna pick and choose.


or any :-D
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:08 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:or any :-D


Yeah, I might give Secret Avengers a trial run just to see where that's going.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Postby ****** » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Yeah, I like Secret so I'll be sticking with it but I'll probably bail on Avengers when the Kang arc ends.

Eli Katz
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 10918
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 55 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:44 pm
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012


Postby Eli Katz » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:15 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:or any :-D

I'll follow the Kang arc. After that, who knows?

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:24 pm

Eli Katz wrote:I'll follow the Kang arc. After that, who knows?


I will possibly follow the Kang arc, I have to see what fourthy is alluding to in issue 2 first.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Yahoo [Bot], zryson and 110 guests

Advertisement
cron