Sunday, April 22, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 227 - NEW NEW AVENGERS #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:23 am

When nitpicking occurs from me it is because early on I got bored or decided the book was laughable and then it never overcame that... New Avengers was that kind of book. I thought it was tedious to read and I would like to know exactly where I hate on Bendis, I have told Punchy and Twigg that their insane feelings of him being infalable are indeed insane, but I generally like his stuff and have defended him more often then torn him down. Next week's Avengers #2 started off laughable and got worse, but was okay by the end.

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:14 am

Marvel used to reward readers for nitpicking, No Prizes anyone?

If writing is sloppy, readers'll call out on it. As it's been forever.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:27 am

Punchy wrote:Yesterday, I wasn't banned or anything, just on holiday in Greece for a week, I guess you could say I was 'vacationed', but only in the best sense of the word.

welcome back. How was Greece? Very jealous. Greece and England are the two places in Europe I always wanted to visit.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:29 am

starlord wrote:welcome back. How was Greece? Very jealous. Greece and England are the two places in Europe I always wanted to visit.

Greece for the obvious reasons, buy why England? :P

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:31 am

Greece was pretty filthy the one time I was there, yuck. Give me the clean water and islands off Portugal, Madeira and Porto Santo.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:37 am

Jude Terror wrote:Greece for the obvious reasons, buy why England? :P

Well there's more thant ONE reason for Greece but England has just always fascinated me. I'd love to travel the whole country and spend one week in London. I think it has to do with the music.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:41 am

Jude Terror wrote:Greece for the obvious reasons, buy why England? :P

Also I want a chance to make Twig squeal like a pig and the chance to have Punchy make me squeal like a bigger pig. :lol: ;-)

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:59 am

Jude,

You really can't like that comic that much.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:05 am

starlord wrote:welcome back. How was Greece? Very jealous. Greece and England are the two places in Europe I always wanted to visit.

It was awesome, really hot, there was a heat wave, so it was 40 degrees celsius. I got a tan, got drunk a lot, ate some good food, and swam in nice clean ocean. Good times, but it's nice to back in rainy England.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:06 am

Jude's review is amazing.

'By the hoary hosts of STFU' is brilliance.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:07 am

Jude should get some kind of performance award for his review.

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:10 am

thefourthman wrote:Jude should get some kind of performance award for his review.

Definitely a No Prize.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:07 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Jude,

You really can't like that comic that much.

It was a perfect first issue, just like SHIELD #1, which I also gave a ten to.

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:03 pm

NEW AVENGERS #1
This was a very mixed bag for me, I will first off say that this is definitely a book for people who enjoyed the current New Avengers run by Bendis. I was sorta hoping that there would be more of a roster shake up but aside from the Thing (which I absolutely love) being added it is pretty much the same cast. I loved the back and forth between Tony, Steve, and Luke... selling the 'newly remodeled' Avengers mansion was fun and I loved the line by Steve 'who do you want? you can't have Thor or Iron Man'' and Wolverine saying 'Hey, I'm an X-man and on TWO Avengers teams... Multitasking. it is my mutant power' I thought was funny also... but I enjoy the Bendis speak so whatev's. My 2 quibbles with this issue are: why did this need to be a new number one? And I am just not that into the Marvel magic stuff, I absolutely love Dr. Strange and having him on the Avengers in the past was something I enjoyed but Daimon Hellstrom and Brother Vooodoo are 2 characters I could do without... so when this issue ends with Luke Cage picking up the Eye of Agamotto and having 2 possessed sorcerers after the new team I was a little let down but not enough to be disappointed... I am just over the whole magic stuff I guess. Stuart Immonen is a big draw for me on this book, I am super glad that he is still on an Avengers book and he does not disappoint here, I just love how he draws everyone and everything and I think this stuff is better than his Nextwave pencils but that is just me.

STORY - 7

ART - 10

OVERALL - 8

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Jude Terror wrote:It was a perfect first issue, just like SHIELD #1, which I also gave a ten to.

There are no perfect issues, only perfect idiots.

leave a comment with facebook