Advertisement

Review Group Week 229 - DEADPOOL: WADE WILSON'S WAR #2

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Dragavon wrote:Is Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War in continuity? It doesn't read like it but Deadpool is crazy.

It's a Marvel Knights book so I doubt it.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 227 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:20 pm

John Snow wrote:It's a Marvel Knights book so I doubt it.

it being a marvel knights book only clouds the issue.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:22 pm

thefourthman wrote:what does this mean? are you a fan of Irving? Have you read Return of Bruce Wayne #2 (which was certainly muddled - although I don't think it is as bad as most readers made it out to be). It certainly wasn't as good as Klarion or GUtsville.

Not really. Every time I've read a book of his, it just ends up looking muddy. I guess other people seem to like his art, but it just makes the book nigh unreadable for me.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:22 pm

thefourthman wrote:what does this mean? are you a fan of Irving? Have you read Return of Bruce Wayne #2 (which was certainly muddled - although I don't think it is as bad as most readers made it out to be). It certainly wasn't as good as Klarion or GUtsville.

His Iron Man: The Inevitable mini with Joe Casey from a few years ago was pretty awesome too.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Dragavon wrote:Not really. Every time I've read a book of his, it just ends up looking muddy. I guess other people seem to like his art, but it just makes the book nigh unreadable for me.

like I said, it depends, his tendency towards dark coloring recently hasn't helped.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Hey Snow, did you see who wrote Deadpool Team-Up this week?

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:27 pm

thefourthman wrote:it being a marvel knights book only clouds the issue.

Not being tied to continuity is supposed to be the point of the MK imprint now, isn't it? It used to just be for the extra dollar, but they overcharge on all their books now so there's no reason for MK to exist if the stories aren't at least pseudo-OOC.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:27 pm

thefourthman wrote:Hey Snow, did you see who wrote Deadpool Team-Up this week?

Whoever it is they're dead to me.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:28 pm

John Snow wrote:Whoever it is they're dead to me.

Lapham did. It was fun. Deadpool even asks to his script. And it has Satanna.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:31 pm

thefourthman wrote:like I said, it depends, his tendency towards dark coloring recently hasn't helped.

His coloring stuff dark isn't a recent thing, it's a his entire career thing. I think it was just more noticeable in the Bruce Wayne book because everyone was dressed in black.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:32 pm

John Snow wrote:His coloring stuff dark isn't a recent thing, it's a his entire career thing. I think it was just more noticeable in the Bruce Wayne book because everyone was dressed in black.

It was pretty bad. I couldn't tell the difference between Bruce and the bad guy.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:32 pm

thefourthman wrote:Lapham did. It was fun. Deadpool even asks to his script. And it has Satanna.

He better use the money to fund the last issue of the current Stray Bullets arc. :x :x :x

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:33 pm

John Snow wrote:His coloring stuff dark isn't a recent thing, it's a his entire career thing. I think it was just more noticeable in the Bruce Wayne book because everyone was dressed in black.

Klarion was in DAY GLO Allred palate compared to Bruce Wayne.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:36 pm

Dragavon wrote:It was pretty bad. I couldn't tell the difference between Bruce and the bad guy.

He was just a bad choice for that issue. They should have used someone less stylized and more technical due to the nature of everyone wearing the same type of uniform.

I think Irving's style will be better suited for B&R where we'll get his version of existing characters.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:37 pm

thefourthman wrote:Klarion was in DAY GLO Allred palate compared to Bruce Wayne.

Compared to Bruce Wayne. Compared to your average funny book it was dark.

edit: from what I remember of it anyway, I haven't read it in 5+ years.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand