Advertisement

Review Group Week 228 - BULLET TO THE HEAD #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 229 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:44 pm

jumped in here to see if I was the only one to have some issues with this book but I have to respond to this
thefourthman wrote:[spoiler]it would appear to be peter, but most people think it is Kaine, which makes no sense to me. Maybe, the clones have been prominent lately[/spoiler]

dude, [spoiler]its totally Kaine, that's why right before he died he said that it wasn't "until tonight" that he felt special and that "it was nice to see what it felt like" going back to his and Peter's conversation after they took Arana. Peter would not have said that he did not know he was special. Aas to how no one would notice, most of the villains there have never really fought Spider-Man, and really, once you have your prey tied down, do you notice that they are 3 inches taller?[/spoiler]
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:43 pm

Ok, it's 9:30, I give up on actually getting anything done tonight. I will try and read the rest of this snail-snapper's crapaud.

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Bullet to the Head #1

While low expectations after the previous reviews probably had something to do with it, I didn't think this was a horrible comic. The Pulp Fiction fanwank was tedious, but it was successful if the intent was to make me utterly dislike the criminals. Between shoe conversation and the dog shootings, there's not a lot to like about these guys. The police/fbi/political angles of the the book are just barely touched upon so I think with Matz's track record there's a good chance the story could be salvaged from this just okay first issue.

This is just the second comic I've come across with Colin Wilson art even though he's been working in the industry for over 30 years (mostly on UK books if memory serves, I could double check that buy why bother when I can just throw random claims out there ;)), but I like his stuff quite a bit. There's just the slightest hint of Chaykin influence in the character designs.

Story: 5
Art: 8
Overall: 6.5

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Ugh. Even if I ignore the first thing I didn't like about this book, there's not much to redeem things. After stating the senator was with an underage girl when they were shot to death, the one cop makes a jovial bet he won't find any fingerprints or he'll "bang her dead body at the morgue" and then his partner comments on how hot the dead girl is, even dead.

Too many words. Not all crime books are good, this one is headed in a predictable direction.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 51 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:52 am

GHERU wrote:jumped in here to see if I was the only one to have some issues with this book but I have to respond to this
dude, [spoiler]its totally Kaine, that's why right before he died he said that it wasn't "until tonight" that he felt special and that "it was nice to see what it felt like" going back to his and Peter's conversation after they took Arana. Peter would not have said that he did not know he was special. Aas to how no one would notice, most of the villains there have never really fought Spider-Man, and really, once you have your prey tied down, do you notice that they are 3 inches taller?[/spoiler]

it's not really the height that gets me.... it's his girth. Kaine is a bigger dude. He just is. I might reread it when I get a chance, which seems slimmer and slimmer these days. But you never know.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 51 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:07 pm

FYI, asm 635 was the first issue in a long time that sold out for us, and we order significantly more than we did 634.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:08 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Ugh. Even if I ignore the first thing I didn't like about this book, there's not much to redeem things. After stating the senator was with an underage girl when they were shot to death, the one cop makes a jovial bet he won't find any fingerprints or he'll "bang her dead body at the morgue" and then his partner comments on how hot the dead girl is, even dead.

Too many words. Not all crime books are good, this one is headed in a predictable direction.

Yeah, it starts off bad and it never gets better.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Yeah, it starts off bad and it never gets better.

I had never heard of this, I probably would've thought it was a good book to pick too.

C'est la vie.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand