Advertisement

Review Group Week 229 - DEADPOOL: WADE WILSON'S WAR #2

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:54 am

Zero wrote:I'm being irreverent! Like Deadpool!

Anyway, I did review the book in question at the end. But if I tried to think of more words to describe I'd feel bad. People tend to pick books they like for the RG and I wouldn't wanna go nuts calling it terrible. So I thought I'd make a meta-joke on how forgettable it was by forgetting which book I was supposed to review. I think it was a bit too subtle though, since you're the seemingly first person who noticed.

I get the joke your going for but it's like an actual full fledged review for another book which isn't the focus of the review group.

But no worries, i'm overtired over here and just ignore this. :lol:

Advertisement

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:59 am

I bet you hated in when they showed Not Without My Anus instead of revealing Cartman's father didn't you? :wink:

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:27 am

Where are all the reviews? I guess we have to keep picking Bendis books, or else nobody bothers to participate.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:47 am

I will start catching up tomorrow. i will knock this one out first. Sorry I have been busy recently. Fortunately (well sort of) Morgan is out of town next week, so that is one less thing for me to deal with and hopefully I can get caught up on my responsibilities to the site as well as this group.

BTW... my mom has to do rehab for a while. She moved to the center yesterday. With her weight problems and diabetes, the three weeks off her feet means she has to build her leg muscles back up.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:51 am

thefourthman wrote:I will start catching up tomorrow. i will knock this one out first. Sorry I have been busy recently. Fortunately (well sort of) Morgan is out of town next week, so that is one less thing for me to deal with and hopefully I can get caught up on my responsibilities to the site as well as this group.

BTW... my mom has to do rehab for a while. She moved to the center yesterday. With her weight problems and diabetes, the three weeks off her feet means she has to build her leg muscles back up.

Again, all the best to your mom. I hope her recovery is quick.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Where are all the reviews? I guess we have to keep picking Bendis books, or else nobody bothers to participate.

I'm stuck here, since the insurance company is going to dick around on getting me a rental car and I don't feel like paying for one out of my pocket to go buy a Deadpool comic.

Those commercials where the insurance agent is like your best friend, and goes the extra mile for you?

LIES!

I almost shot out the TV when that dumb-ass Progressive commercial with the red-headed retarded girl came on.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:37 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I'm stuck here, since the insurance company is going to dick around on getting me a rental car and I don't feel like paying for one out of my pocket to go buy a Deadpool comic.

Those commercials where the insurance agent is like your best friend, and goes the extra mile for you?

LIES!

I almost shot out the TV when that dumb-ass Progressive commercial with the red-headed retarded girl came on.

wait, who's insurance is dicking around? (either way fuck em, call the insurance commission of your state. seriously, I used to work in insurance replacement rentals... this is clearly not your fault, her insurance should be providing you one and if you have rental on your policy then they have to do it as well)

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:38 pm

oh and insurance is never your friend... but if you are nice to them and know your rights, you won't need a lawyer.

which insurance companies are involved?

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:40 pm

thefourthman wrote:oh and insurance is never your friend... but if you are nice to them and know your rights, you won't need a lawyer.

which insurance companies are involved?

PM sent.

And best to your mom.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:06 am

DeadPool Wade Wilson's War #2

I'm going to be brutally honest here, and a part of me hates doing this since I always tend to feel guilty afterwords... but... THIS SUCKED! Even as someone who isn't much of a fan of this character, this issue was even worse than the zomibe crap they were doing for a while. Talk about a forced story, forced dialogue, even the art felt forced, rushed, and boring.

This is probably in my top five least favorite books we've ever read. It's just lucky that I still have that horrible taste of Grant Morisson's Batman "prose" in my mouth.

Story: .5
Art:1
My Score: 1.5

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:08 am

I'll keep sending positive energy your mom's way, Forth. And do we know yet what we are reading for next week?

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:23 am

Batman & Robin for next week

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:27 am

I'll be honest, I was a bit too generous with this book since I picked it.

6/10 overall is what I should've gone with.

I still get the feeling people are hating simply because its Deadpool though.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:39 am

fieldy snuts wrote:I'll be honest, I was a bit too generous with this book since I picked it.

Not in my case. I admit I'm not a huge fan of his at all and I think he's being over used at the moment, but I'll never deny an enjoyable story no matter who the character is or who the writer is even if I don't care for them.

And I'm sorry I really didn't like this. :(

Hermit_Sage
Wrasslin' Fan

Title: OH Elections Commissioner
Formerly: The Middle Sage, Phenomenal Sire

Postby Hermit_Sage » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:49 am

fieldy snuts wrote:I'll be honest, I was a bit too generous with this book since I picked it.

Deadpool is on my pull list, I and only dropped Deadpool team up for money, and Deadpool crops cause i hate Liefield, I love deadpool

this was really just a meh issue

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand