Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Review Group Week 229 - DEADPOOL: WADE WILSON'S WAR #2

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:11 pm

It's been a bad day between the stangeness of the 4th of july party I went to yesterday and then one of our rats dying this morning reading this book was not very high on my list. Liking it was further down.

this story was a throw away despite it taking itself seriously. fuck it I don't care

Postby ****** » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:12 pm

Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War #2

I like Duane Swierczynski a lot, I've read most of his comics, I've read most of his novels, dude is generally entertaining. I hate Deadpool, any time he shows up in a comic it just ruins it for me. In that respect I think Swierczynski nailed Deadpool because this was fucking excruciating. If I want to read annoying, I don't need to spend $4 on a comic for that, I'll just lurk in the Asylum for 15 minutes.

Stylistically Jason Pearson's art fits the tone of the book and technically it's solid but it doesn't even give me the hint of a chubby.

Story: 2
Art: 6
Overall: 4

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:22 pm

John Snow wrote:Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War #2

I like Duane Swierczynski a lot, I've read most of his comics, I've read most of his novels, dude is generally entertaining. I hate Deadpool, any time he shows up in a comic it just ruins it for me. In that respect I think Swierczynski nailed Deadpool because this was fucking excruciating. If I want to read annoying, I don't need to spend $4 on a comic for that, I'll just lurk in the Asylum for 15 minutes.

Stylistically Jason Pearson's art fits the tone of the book and technically it's solid but it doesn't even give me the hint of a chubby.

Story: 2
Art: 6
Overall: 4

:lol:

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:02 am

doombug wrote:I believe a new artist is coming aboard with #7. With that said this may be the best Rob's art has ever been.

heh, i just looked @ the solicitations and saw who it is.

was offering him this gig a peace offering of sorts?

Postby ****** » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:29 am

4th lowest score ever.

http://www.theouthousers.com/content/view/9056/176/

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:21 am

fieldy snuts wrote:heh, i just looked @ the solicitations and saw who it is.

was offering him this gig a peace offering of sorts?

Who? Haven't seen the solicits yet.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:59 am

doombug wrote:Who? Haven't seen the solicits yet.
I mixed it up with #6, but the artist on that issue is Marat Mychaels. Wasn't he one of the guys Liefeld had drama with over on oldrama?

Or am I confusing him with someone because he was in the middle of stuff.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:49 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I mixed it up with #6, but the artist on that issue is Marat Mychaels. Wasn't he one of the guys Liefeld had drama with over on oldrama?

Or am I confusing him with someone because he was in the middle of stuff.

I don't think so. Those two are bffs.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:13 pm

This definitely doesn't deserve the 3.93 average. The comic didn't pretend to be anything other than what it was and I enjoyed it. Pearson's art is over-the-top, but I have no beef with it. Keep in mind that I read the HC collection and that I got it from the library. It's not worth the dough, but it's far from terrible.

7* out of 10*

Postby ****** » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:52 pm

GLX wrote:This definitely doesn't deserve the 3.93 average. The comic didn't pretend to be anything other than what it was and I enjoyed it. Pearson's art is over-the-top, but I have no beef with it. Keep in mind that I read the HC collection and that I got it from the library. It's not worth the dough, but it's far from terrible.

7* out of 10*

It deserved a lower score. It was a horrible fucking comic, have you recently suffered a concussion?

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Johann Snow wrote:
It deserved a lower score. It was a horrible fucking comic, have you recently suffered a concussion?

Nope. I've read worse. *cough*Lobo: Highway to Hell*cough*

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:23 pm

GLX wrote:
Nope. I've read worse. *cough*Lobo: Highway to Hell*cough*

We've all read worse. That doesn't make this book any better.

How could you possibly give it 7/10? What score do you give books that you like? What score do you give books that you really like? And what score do you reserve for truly excellent reads?

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Yeah, when I said I'd still pick this up if I could way back when, I was totally lying.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Eli Katz wrote:We've all read worse. That doesn't make this book any better.

How could you possibly give it 7/10? What score do you give books that you like? What score do you give books that you really like? And what score do you reserve for truly excellent reads?

Some bad reviews:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... eview.html

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... ws-13.html

Cream of the crop:

As to the reasoning behind my score...

I enjoyed Pearson's work
The story dealt with
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
truth and fiction. Whether or not what actually occurred captures the intimate details that are can. I honestly found that to be fascinating. Now, this issue didn't deal with that monologue, but it's hard to review it without the rest of the work affecting me.
It's not exceptional, but it was enjoyable. I've read worse Deadpool comics (ex: Deadpool Corps)

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Viktor Ian Skwydde wrote:Yeah, when I said I'd still pick this up if I could way back when, I was totally lying.

It's definitely not worth $4, but it has some merit.

leave a comment with facebook