Advertisement

Review Group Week 230 - BATMAN & ROBIN #13

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:40 am

Zero wrote:And at the same time Detective has managed to keep the hell out of all of it. Dick in the cowl has only just started showing up there, and Streets of Gotham and Gotham City Sirens have both managed to stay very much street level titles. When Bruce comes back I doubt any of his wacky adventures in time will impact those books at all and I can go on ignoring it. This has always been the case with Batbooks. Even the Bat-Family crossovers used to skew more toward this side of things. Resurrection of Ra's was pretty awful and nothing convinces me that a Joker story on the same lines wouldn't be equally meh.

Anyway, Batman never died. :wink:

The only Batman book worth reading is this one though, I prefer the crazy shenanigans. I want to see Batman fight dinosaurs!

And who says the Joker has to come back? You're automatically assuming resurrection, DC could have some balls for once.

However, it would be interesting to see the Joker go in a Lazarus Pit and come out... sane.

Advertisement

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:48 am

Punchy wrote:The only Batman book worth reading is this one though, I prefer the crazy shenanigans. I want to see Batman fight dinosaurs!

And who says the Joker has to come back? You're automatically assuming resurrection, DC could have some balls for once.

However, it would be interesting to see the Joker go in a Lazarus Pit and come out... sane.

Well, because if the Joker died, resurrection would be inevitable. Everyone knows that.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:48 am

Mr_Batman wrote:Well, because if the Joker died, resurrection would be inevitable. Everyone knows that.

As I said, DC could grow some balls!

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Death in comics is boring. Death in Batman comics doubly so.

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Punchy wrote:He says during the midst of a story about Batman being resurrected from the dead and travelling through time :lol:

Batman never actually died in that story. :wink:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:26 pm

I think ultimately this issue foreshadows the transference of The Joker's pathological obsession with Bruce/Batman. He subconsciously wants Dick/Batman to be as good as Bruce was, he basically says as much in this issue. But it may be Damian who inherits Joker's favor, indicated by Joker saying "You sound just like...like him..." as Damian prepares to cement their bond with a crowbar.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Morrison makes my fucking head hurt. this book is so terrible.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Chap's comment reminds me that I was actually trade-waiting this, but since I bought this issue for the review group I probably won't rush out and buy the trade when it's published.

So, spoil for me what has been revealed about Dr. Hurt since R.I.P., someone, if you would please.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Chap's comment reminds me that I was actually trade-waiting this, but since I bought this issue for the review group I probably won't rush out and buy the trade when it's published.

So, spoil for me what has been revealed about Dr. Hurt since R.I.P., someone, if you would please.

[spoiler]He's Thomas Wayne.

Not Bruce's father, but an ancestor who made a deal with a bat demon. That's why he looks so much like Bruce's father.

This has not been outright stated in the comic yet, but Morrison practically bludgeoned us over the head with it a few issues back (same with Oberon Sexton being the Joker).[/spoiler]

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:05 pm

MrBlack wrote:[spoiler]He's Thomas Wayne.

Not Bruce's father, but an ancestor who made a deal with a bat demon. That's why he looks so much like Bruce's father.

This has not been outright stated in the comic yet, but Morrison practically bludgeoned us over the head with it a few issues back (same with Oberon Sexton being the Joker).[/spoiler]

I see. Thanks.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:23 pm

MrBlack wrote:[spoiler]He's Thomas Wayne.

:shock: :smt017

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:15 pm

doombug wrote::shock: :smt017

Have you been reading?

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:18 pm

So, I read this issue. And I don't feel right reviewing it. I have no clue what's going on in the Batbooks and this book certainly didn't make it clear to me.

Who's the guy with the pig face?

Who's the guy in the coffin?

Is Dick Batman? Is Bruce still trapped in a prehistoric cave?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:20 pm

Eli Katz wrote:So, I read this issue. And I don't feel right reviewing it. I have no clue what's going on in the Batbooks and this book certainly didn't make it clear to me.

Who's the guy with the pig face?

Who's the guy in the coffin?

Is Dick Batman? Is Bruce still trapped in a prehistoric cave?

1) Mister Pyg, a villain introduced in Batman And Robin #1-3

2) Oberon Sexton, the crime writer The Joker was masquerading as

3) At this moment, Bruce Wayne is a cowboy, but he was a Caveman. Then he was a Puritan, then a Pirate, and now a Cowboy.

4) Dick is Batman

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:20 pm

MrBlack wrote:Have you been reading?

Yeah but that's still my reaction to the craziness that Morrison has been setting up these last few years.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand